I have purchased a New Blackberry Z10 just one month back & started my headache.
    My IT person set up all the Outlook POP settings for the BB Z10 device. Now I receive work email, BBM & other services but when I try to send mails ; I get an error "Protocol Layer was unable to send message"
    I asked help for my Carrier AIRTEL( Blackberry) INDIA. I personally spend 8-8 hours continuously two days aith AIRTEL BLACKBERRY as well as BLACKBERRY SERVICE CENTER to solve the issue but its really useless & unsupported. also doing regular follow-up with Blackberry Asia Pacific Support Center. Everybody is reverting like Football. Even my IT guys are stumped for such stupid service for blackberry.

I am user of blackberry since a last two years with the same carrier with other devices but after 30 Days problem is still unsolved.

How can Blackberry is such a irresponsible ??

Anyone have any advice where should I write so my problem can solve ?
    04-22-13 12:53 AM
    I have purchased a New Blackberry Z10 just one month back & started my headache.
    My IT person set up all the Outlook POP settings for the BB Z10 device. Now I receive work email, BBM & other services but when I try to send mails ; I get an error "Protocol Layer was unable to send message"
    I asked help for my Carrier AIRTEL( Blackberry) INDIA. I personally spend 8-8 hours continuously two days aith AIRTEL BLACKBERRY as well as BLACKBERRY SERVICE CENTER to solve the issue but its really useless & unsupported. also doing regular follow-up with Blackberry Asia Pacific Support Center. Everybody is reverting like Football. Even my IT guys are stumped for such stupid service for blackberry.

I am user of blackberry since a last two years with the same carrier with other devices but after 30 Days problem is still unsolved.

How can Blackberry is such a irresponsible ??

Anyone have any advice where should I write so my problem can solve ?
    POP is for receiving email and that seems to be working for you. You did not mention if they set up the SMTP server for you. That is critical for sending email. I would go back to IT and double check the SMTP settings - particularly the outbound ports and security type. Also they may be using a self signed certificate that could be the culprit.
    04-22-13 02:00 AM
    POP is for receiving email and that seems to be working for you. You did not mention if they set up the SMTP server for you. That is critical for sending email. I would go back to IT and double check the SMTP settings - particularly the outbound ports and security type. Also they may be using a self signed certificate that could be the culprit.
    There's been a well known SMTP bug ever since the last update and hasn't been fixed yet. I have the same problem with my hosted email accounts, can't reply to emails or send attachments.
    04-22-13 03:57 AM
    smtp already created ; since at the same time I can send mail from my Laptop , desktop & other device.
    The POP server for incoming & outgoing setting which configured in BB Z10 ; that same setting tried to configure in other Android devices & its working fine. it is creating problem only from sending mails from particular Z10 device.
    04-22-13 05:55 AM
    04-22-13 07:47 AM