They just stopped stocking the phone

Posted via CB10
    For all those nay sayers the phone is now back in stock at Carphone Warehouse. Sorry if it was to Hard for you to believe demand out stripped supply. This is a good trend get with the program.
    09-15-13 01:19 PM
    Wish I could say the same, Smitty. I'm the only BB10(Q)owner I know of here in Orange County,Ca.
    I moved, otherwise there would have been 2 of us
    phuoc likes this.
    09-15-13 01:29 PM
    Wish I bought it earlier when it was cheaper! Must be a good sign they increased the price again though!

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 01:29 PM
    For all those nay sayers the phone is now back in stock at Carphone Warehouse. Sorry if it was to Hard for you to believe demand out stripped supply. This is a good trend get with the program.
    Forget naysayers, but it is #35 on their best seller list.
    09-15-13 01:30 PM
    Same with EE a fortnight ago. And they think BB10 is such rubbish that they have recently announced preferential pricing on BlackBerry upgrades for those waiting to end their contract so they can jump on board earlier PLUS they took out a full page ad in The Sun today (far and away the UK's biggest newspaper) for the Q5 which will have cost a fortune...

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    09-15-13 03:17 PM
    Same with EE a fortnight ago. And they think BB10 is such rubbish that they have recently announced preferential pricing on BlackBerry upgrades for those waiting to end their contract so they can jump on board earlier PLUS they took out a full page ad in The Sun today (far and away the UK's biggest newspaper) for the Q5 which will have cost a fortune...

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    I remember you saying that, and receiving the same responses lol

This is nice to see them selling out product, now if we all fight the bad press, we might just get some where.

Go BlackBerry
    09-15-13 04:24 PM
    what rumours? if the blackberry sell what do you think would happen?

switch off? take a look at fortune 500.

A good look, what do you see? BlackBerry yes?

Killing a brand like BlackBerry suits none. Stop with the negativity.

BlackBerry is a culture

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 04:49 PM
    I remember you saying that, and receiving the same responses lol

This is nice to see them selling out product, now if we all fight the bad press, we might just get some where.

Go BlackBerry
    Do you know, I was wary of repeating myself as I thought the mods would jump all over it but then I thought sod it.

Every single time someone reports a sell out of BB10 stock some doom mongering grumpy old git says....

'They ran out of stock as they never had any to start with'.

Dear Lord, give me strength. Your talking about HUGE carriers, they're not going to short stock! They have to gauge what they think will happen and if it turns out that they wrote Blackberry off and that demand has now outstripped their anticipated supply then (I almost dare not say it)...

It's a good thing!
    09-15-13 05:03 PM
    I admit it - I'm that hacked off I've started a thread with the grumpy old git title in the General Discussion forum!
    09-15-13 05:21 PM
    I think the price point is right this time when the lowered the price so they didn't anticipated that! It exceed their very low expectations. Hopefully they will start to see that there is such a demand!

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 07:25 PM
    Forget naysayers, but it is #35 on their best seller list.
    But, but, but what about Selfridges? It sold out of Q10's IN ONE DAY!! It must be a instant hit! No? awwww.....
    h20work likes this.
    09-15-13 11:21 PM
    BlackBerry is an iconic brand name.
    (It will survive...)

Z10 via CB10
    09-15-13 11:50 PM
    A lot of women have problems with all touch devices due to the length of their nails. It forces them to use the pads of the fingers rather than the tips and causes inaccurate text input. Physical keyboard is much more efficient and comfortable for them.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 Uk
    This is exactly why my coworker chose the Q10

Posted via CB10
    guygardner73 likes this.
    09-16-13 12:46 AM
    I hope this is a legitimate trend! Knock on wood!

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 04:11 AM
    I can't believe the price has dropped so fast. I started a 2 year contract in February for 37 pm the phone is now 17pm. Obviously the price has to come down but even the iPhone 5 and 4s are still more than that. Can't be a good sign :'(

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 05:04 AM
    BlackBerry is an iconic brand name.
    (It will survive...)
    Just for the record, and spiced with a bit of recent history.

Anything is possible but I'd hardly say that iconic brand names survive. And, at the risk of sounding iconoclastic, the following quick list of names most assuredly deserve the iconic branding while BB is but a few pages in the chapter of the tech industry .... but all these easily named from recent memory faded mostly unceremoniously into a small cloud of dust and without fanfare after dominating for much longer than a half decade.

Computers -- Now these were Iconic Names
    IBM -- Sure they're still around as consultants .... Nothing can ever be more Iconic in business than the "IBM name that was" for nearly 50 years.
    DEC -- PDP11, Original mini-computer and second in popularity to IBM (main frames) for years. Great technical innovation but poor mktg--30yrs
    Data General -- "Soul of a New Machine", Micro-Nova on a Chip, Super mini computers...super technology but not so good marketing--15yrs
    Burroughs -- Like IBM, going back to cash/adding registers but although hung on with its computers for a time could never quite make it back over the hump.
    Prime and Wang -- Psuedo Iconic for their innovation but high flyers for a decade each.
    Motorola -- Maybe a comeback in SP after 15yrs, but only survived because they had other business....Unquestionable leader in cell phones that refused to go digital for a few extra years profit.
    Palm -- Arguably, the 1st mass produced handheld computing device but without radio/cell phone. No strategic plan for growth/adaptation

Different Industry and Fundamentals but can't get much more Iconic in a name
    Pan Am -- Insolvent nore/less, Lockerbie was last straw but created air travel along with TWA. 50 Years an Iconic Titan with name plastered all over the World
    TWA -- Insolvent m/l, Icahn was last straw: Created air travel with TWA. 50+years an Iconic Titan
    Northwest -- Insolvent m/l, Unions were last straw. Was the U.S. symbol representing the U.S. in East Asia for 50yrs
    Peoples Express -- Bought out by an insolvent to be Continental, like BB revolutionized its industry over a period of only a decade. Unlike BB it was still doing relatively well prior to a restructure.

Another Industry with Different Fundamentals but can't get much more Iconic than GM
    General Motors -- Okay, bailed out for now. 100+ years of tradition but very vulnerable
    American Motors -- Innovated but didn't have marketing/distribution (sound familiar) .. remnants sold to Chrysler.
    Chrysler -- Okay, risen from the ashes with the help of 3 bail-outs (2 govt and MBenz). 100+ years of tradition

The bigger they are, the harder they fall. If anything, Iconic has more to do with arrogance and lack of flexibility in capitalism than survival. Nevertheless, it usually takes more than a good five year run to make a company name culturally Iconic!? Only after you get through a few generations of successful management should anyone lay claim to the Iconic label, and even then there's no free ticket for the future.

BTW, except for Palm and Peoples Express, virtually all languished on life support later in life (especially computer and auto cos.), living from government contract handouts--rather than genuine private sector demand--artificially propped sales for their least few years. BB has gone from 10+mm Units in qtrly sales to a total of 6mm in a market that otherwise grew 25+% over the past 3 years.

Let's hope that our Iconic Brand Name somehow will elevate OS10 sales to at least 4mm Units (<2% of mkt) with totals near 8+mm Units when qtrly reports are released in 10 days. My fingers (and legs) are crossed.
    Last edited by M65c02; 09-17-13 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Sales in Units not $$
    notfanboy likes this.
    09-17-13 10:41 AM
    My three local AT&T stores have not carreid the Z10 for a month. One has a Q10 on display but the battery is dead for two weeks now. I think AT&T sold what they had and have not ordered more. Sales were not good.
    09-17-13 10:47 AM
    I do feel BlackBerry 10 is gaining traction!!

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    09-17-13 10:59 AM
    I do feel BlackBerry 10 is gaining traction!!

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    A John Deere gains traction.
    09-17-13 11:26 PM
    A John Deere gains traction.
    Smiley, yes, and little doubt but that we'll need all-wheel traction to pull from this muck and finish the field before the fall freeze and winter snows.
    09-18-13 08:48 AM
120 ... 345