I have security wipe almost 10 times. Not work.

Posted via CB10
    The thing is that the security wipe is causing this problem, not solving it. If your battery is still not properly calibrated use the method I posted. It will fix it. But, if you do a security wipe the calibration problem reappers.

Posted via CB10
    Vanderchoac likes this.
    07-11-13 02:21 AM
    This morning, I'm really happy. I wake up at 6:15 am. I check my battery voltage metter. It's 28%. Last night, when I went to bed, It's 33%. The last charging is at 11:00am to 13h15 pm yesterday. And now, my battery is on 23%.
    I've fixed my battery problem by using Manie Hansen1.
    I recommend who has this problem use his method. Good luck!!
    kiddoo24 likes this.
    07-11-13 07:48 PM
    Not working for me
    Tried it a few times and nothing happens

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 11:47 PM
    FYI: Letting your Lithium Ion battery get below 15-20 percent damages it.

You should only do this in extreme cases when your phone's calibration with the battery gets way off.

In everyday use, you should NOT do this.

Again : Lithium Ion is not anything like older NiCad batteries where draining to 0% was a way to help the battery. This *damages* Lithium batts.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 05:24 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...w-10-a-828764/

mine turns off when battery level is below 10%.
    07-15-13 05:36 AM

You should only do this in extreme cases when your phone's calibration with the battery gets way off.

Again : Lithium Ion is not anything like older NiCad batteries where draining to 0% was a way to help the battery. This *damages* Lithium batts.
    Please continue to ignore this advice. It is a distortion of reality based on a misinterpretation of studies about Lithium-Ion batteries.

What *can* damage these batteries is very low voltages, but since even 1% is at a voltage well above those levels, worrying that 10% is "bad" is a waste of your time and battery capacity.

True, it will degrade them slightly over time if you discharge fully (i.e. till it turns off) each time you use it. If that's all that's meant by the term "damage" then keep that in mind but don't fear it will suddenly fail as soon as you do this.

Posted via CB10
    dannejanne and jasonvan9 like this.
    07-15-13 07:30 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...w-10-a-828764/

mine turns off when battery level is below 10%.
    This is a built in feature in OS 10.1.0.4543.Z10 will automatically shut down when the battery level is below 10%. I can confirm this because it happened to me again 2 minutes ago while I was playing Asphalt 7.

Z10 displayed a message "turning off device" and it turned off automatically without my intervention.
    07-15-13 11:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not true at all.

Listen to peter9477 above.
    07-15-13 12:02 PM
    This is a built in feature in OS 10.1.0.4543.Z10 will automatically shut down when the battery level is below 10%. I can confirm this because it happened to me again 2 minutes ago while I was playing Asphalt 7.

Z10 displayed a message "turning off device" and it turned off automatically without my intervention.
    Actually it doesn't care about the "percent remaining" when deciding whether to shut down. It looks at the voltage and when that reaches around 3.4V it will power down like that. Normally this is supposed to happen at 0% but that works only if the battery calibration (done automatically by the OS) is accurate. It may reach 3.4V while showing a higher percent level if the calibration is off, and it's only then that you'll see this unusual outcome. It is NOT an intentional "feature" that it shuts off at 10%.
    07-15-13 01:11 PM
    Actually it doesn't care about the "percent remaining" when deciding whether to shut down. It looks at the voltage and when that reaches around 3.4V it will power down like that. Normally this is supposed to happen at 0% but that works only if the battery calibration (done automatically by the OS) is accurate. It may reach 3.4V while showing a higher percent level if the calibration is off, and it's only then that you'll see this unusual outcome. It is NOT an intentional "feature" that it shuts off at 10%.
    What Peter is saying is true, the output voltage is constantly monitored by the software (this is where the app "battery guru" gets its numbers). The same is true for the 100% charged indicator, it just reads the max the battery has been charged and creates a new limit in the software saying "see this voltage value, this is the highest its been, this is your new condition for showing 100% charged)

The battery level indicator on the screen seems to have been reprogrammed at some point from being a pre-programmed set of voltages to an automatic calibration based on the battery voltage levels. (This is my own personal conclusion based on when the playbook came out vs. the future updates to the playbook OS which is when these issues seem to arose)

The solution to this issue for everyone would be to define new values for the battery level indicator programming by;
    #1. letting your phone die (dont leave dead for a long period of time, as peter said this will damage the battery)
    #2. charging your phone until 100% +3hrs after, this will ensure the highest voltage the battery can hold vs. the auto cutoff circuit in your charger.

this is the way to set the new high and low numbers your battery indicator uses to display battery % remaining

This should correct 99% of everyones problems, for the 1% of people it doesnt help... well you need to seek more professional help than i can provide over a forum
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    07-16-13 12:09 PM
    After updating the OS to 10.1.0.XXX, I started having shuts down at 30% battery problem, in my STL100-1 the problem was solved by letting it charge for 12hs after installing OS (leaked), like the first time we get the device.
    07-16-13 03:21 PM
    OK i try method when Z10 is plugged in wall charger (Nokia's 1200mah), pull battery, wait for a minute, then put back my battery and charges is until 100%
    Battery guru on info gives me this info. Battery health is 37%. But it should be at least 90%. It is a brand new battery.

BlackBerry Z10 shuts down at 30% battery!-img_00000080.jpg

Also I should mention that I installed new leak with just around 60% of battery left. And this problem started to happens.
    07-17-13 08:56 AM
    @kiddoo24 tonight I am going to reload last leak. But this time without security whipe. What is your opinion?

Z10 STL100-1 for personal and 9360 for business
    07-17-13 09:43 AM
    @kiddoo24 tonight I am going to reload last leak. But this time without security whipe. What is your opinion?

I think that as long as you have this problem will never go away unless you replace the phone (its what I did), but as soon as you will perform a sec-wipe the recalibration thingy will reappear.
    So, I think you will have to follow the 8 steps solution a user on this thread posted but couple that with the instructions posted by me, also on this thread. These solutions will make the battery better, it will help re-calibrate the battery.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 10:39 AM
    OK thank you. I will monitor situation

07-17-13 10:44 AM
    Thank you Manie. I will also try your method.

Right now, phone is undergoing drain test from Battery Guru. It is on 40%, time to empty 5.2h, voltage 3.73. I keep
    my fingers crossed.
    07-17-13 02:03 PM
    Under Battery Guru drain test, battery died at 22%. It is 8% better than yesterday. I will leave it overnight on OEM wall charger.
    07-17-13 04:07 PM
    My Z10 off when the battery was at 65%
    07-18-13 04:24 AM
    @Manie Hansen1
    Today I tried your method. Phone started to charge from 13% of battery. That is 16% better result.
    Thank you
    07-19-13 01:40 PM
    HI guys, most probably a bit late, i also have been struggling with the same shutdown problem the last week. Phoned my carrier MTN South Africa, said i must take the phone to the Midrand Centre. Phoned Midrand asked them what the problem is they said it is the first time they here about it. LOL. Can i possibly be the first with this problem, dont think so. But in any case here is what i did last night was to drain the battery till it shutdown at 30%. disconnected the battery from the phone put a volt meter on + and - reading was 3.34V.Removed Sim and SD card,left the battery out of phone for about 1hr 15m give or take but over an hour. took another battery reading still same voltage. I then refitted Sim,SD and the battery held the switch on button for 2min plugged charger in but not into power outlet left for another 10 min then plugged the phone in, checked battery percentage and it was 2% when phone eventually came on, monitored charging and it charged as long as it always did. when it reached 100% i took it of charge and whent to bed at midnight. Checked percentage again this morning 6:45am and on 94%which is possibly what it was before. Now waiting for day to pass to check level and them maybe another day to run flat and see what it does.Will keep you posted but it looks about right now. Z10 STL100-1 Software release 10.1.0.273

N.B My screen scrolling is smoother too.
    Memory with no extra apps running 1.3Gb free with problem it was 1.5GB dont know why more memory was free with problem.

Good luck
    anyone fix this problem by this post, why don't you give him a like/thanks?
    here my thanks.
    07-19-13 11:53 PM
    @Manie. Battery is now at 10% it seems that problem is solved. Thanks
    BlackBerry Z10 shuts down at 30% battery!-img_00000083.png

07-20-13 04:23 AM
    so basically there is no way to solve the problem without buying a new battery or installing a leak? i have the same problem with my STL100-1 Z10. not willing to install a leak cant afford a second battery

Posted via CB10
    Problem has been solved with Mani's suggestions. I post my screen shot.

07-20-13 04:37 AM
    4% left and 3.62 V. If my battery goes off at 3.4 V I still have a plenty or juice left

07-20-13 04:39 AM
    BlackBerry Z10 shuts down at 30% battery!-img_00000084.png

peter9477 likes this.
    07-20-13 04:43 AM
    WIll try now
    07-25-13 07:36 AM
283 ... 678910 ...