so basically there is no way to solve the problem without buying a new battery or installing a leak? i have the same problem with my STL100-1 Z10. not willing to install a leak cant afford a second battery

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 07:46 PM
    so basically there is no way to solve the problem without buying a new battery or installing a leak? i have the same problem with my STL100-1 Z10. not willing to install a leak cant afford a second battery

Posted via CB10
    buying a new battery doesn't mean the problem is fixed, the problem will still in there.
    06-30-13 09:33 PM
    i just thinking to sell my STL-1 and buy a new STL-2 device.
    07-01-13 01:24 AM
    bump.. hope there will be solution for this.
    07-01-13 11:48 AM
    bump.. hope there will be solution for this.
    I hope so to, because my battery works fine (12-18 some times even 21h), but the indicator is discalibrated and it is frustrating because I have to check battery voltage to know when I must charge...
    07-01-13 12:28 PM
    I hope so to, because my battery works fine (12-18 some times even 21h), but the indicator is discalibrated and it is frustrating because I have to check battery voltage to know when I must charge...
    so do you have info when bbm going to another platform? i think i will finish with blackberry.
    i'm so frustated that i can't check my battery level, i don't know how many percent my battery was
    07-02-13 05:48 AM
    so we wait for updates and hope it gets fixed,i dont think its a battery problem coz i get 10-12 hours it only shuts down at 31%. though

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 06:02 AM
    so we wait for updates and hope it gets fixed,i dont think its a battery problem coz i get 10-12 hours it only shuts down at 31%. though

Posted via CB10
    i've already tried 10.2 beta, still no luck
    07-02-13 08:27 AM
    i've already tried 10.2 beta, still no luck
    I think my battery now is fixed. I've got 20 and 10% notifications and I let my battery drained. Let see if it will give me 20 and 10% notifications tomorrow .

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 11:15 AM
    I think my battery now is fixed. I've got 20 and 10% notifications and I let my battery drained. Let see if it will give me 20 and 10% notifications tomorrow .

Posted via CB10
    how could you do it?
    Konrad Nowak likes this.
    07-02-13 12:24 PM
    I bought a battery bundle, tried to use different battery. Then it's it did not shutdown at 30% any more . Still under observation

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 01:55 PM
    I bought a battery bundle, tried to use different battery. Then it's it did not shutdown at 30% any more . Still under observation

Posted via CB10
    just same with my first method, but after sometime it will error again
    07-02-13 10:42 PM
    HI guys, most probably a bit late, i also have been struggling with the same shutdown problem the last week. Phoned my carrier MTN South Africa, said i must take the phone to the Midrand Centre. Phoned Midrand asked them what the problem is they said it is the first time they here about it. LOL. Can i possibly be the first with this problem, dont think so. But in any case here is what i did last night was to drain the battery till it shutdown at 30%. disconnected the battery from the phone put a volt meter on + and - reading was 3.34V.Removed Sim and SD card,left the battery out of phone for about 1hr 15m give or take but over an hour. took another battery reading still same voltage. I then refitted Sim,SD and the battery held the switch on button for 2min plugged charger in but not into power outlet left for another 10 min then plugged the phone in, checked battery percentage and it was 2% when phone eventually came on, monitored charging and it charged as long as it always did. when it reached 100% i took it of charge and whent to bed at midnight. Checked percentage again this morning 6:45am and on 94%which is possibly what it was before. Now waiting for day to pass to check level and them maybe another day to run flat and see what it does.Will keep you posted but it looks about right now. Z10 STL100-1 Software release 10.1.0.273

N.B My screen scrolling is smoother too.
    Memory with no extra apps running 1.3Gb free with problem it was 1.5GB dont know why more memory was free with problem.

Good luck
    noez92, kaizvn, Crabamer and 2 others like this.
    07-03-13 12:34 AM
    can you please make it more simple? so what must i do? now my z10 was turned of in 85%, amazing!
    07-03-13 03:57 AM
    just same with my first method, but after sometime it will error again
    I just reached 3% battery level. then I'm still charging now...

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 05:04 AM
    Li-on batteries and Ni-cad/ni-mh batteries are different. Our Cell phones batteries do not have a memory. Older laptop rechargeable batteries could be recalibrated. Not our cellphone batteries. Ni-mh stands for Nickel Metal Hydride and Ni-cad stands for Nickel Cadmium if you are interested. Li-on is Lithium Ion...so...you cannot recalibrate the cell phone batteries.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 05:14 AM
    Li-on batteries and Ni-cad/ni-mh batteries are different. Our Cell phones batteries do not have a memory. Older laptop rechargeable batteries could be recalibrated. Not our cellphone batteries. Ni-mh stands for Nickel Metal Hydride and Ni-cad stands for Nickel Cadmium if you are interested. Li-on is Lithium Ion...so...you cannot recalibrate the cell phone batteries.

Posted via CB10
    so what must we do? just buying a new battery every 30% shut down? if just like that i'm sure LS-1 will be the biggest income for blackberry not the cellphone again.
    07-03-13 09:50 AM
    can you please make it more simple? so what must i do? now my z10 was turned of in 85%, amazing!
    Right Here we go.
    1.) Run Battery until it shuts down.
    2.) Take out battery, Sim and SD Card, "Not Sure this does anything but i did it"
    3.) Take An voltmeter "0% Battery Reading comes fom 3.3V (Seen this reading on another post somewhere)
    4.) Leave Battery out for about an hour.
    5.) Fit Battery, Sim and sd. And power cable with charge head without plugging it in.
    6.) Hold power button on phone for couple of minutes.
    7.) Plug Into power outlet and let phone switch on. Once on Check battery %.
    8.)remove once full.

N.b Something i did not post this morning i needed to set the date and time. Again Which tells me the if it has a little memory battery inside the phone which allows for swapping batteries etc without having to reset the time.

8.40PM currently on 39% battery, running some videos to drain and check result.
    9.19PM Currently on 27% batter, Playing music, taking some pics to drain faster, still on
    Last edited by Manie Hansen1; 07-03-13 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Update
    07-03-13 01:42 PM
    Cool just hit the 17% mark, looks like its problem solved for me, sure hope it works for all of you too. Chears
    noez92 and MyTechStuff like this.
    07-03-13 02:42 PM
    HI Guys.

Went to bed when battery below 10% mark came on. Light was still flashing this morning battery level was 3%. Looks fine now to work and full charge to see if remains the same.
    noez92 likes this.
    07-04-13 12:35 AM
    I have this weird problem with my battery. It's unplugged since 7am, charged all night to 77% from 58% (when my phone turned off). Even if unplugged, it shows that it's charging? See image attached
    BlackBerry Z10 shuts down at 30% battery!-img_00001075.png

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by treishpe; 07-04-13 at 02:43 AM.
    07-04-13 02:15 AM
    No such problem on my end so far.
    07-04-13 02:16 AM
    HI Guys.

Went to bed when battery below 10% mark came on. Light was still flashing this morning battery level was 3%. Looks fine now to work and full charge to see if remains the same.
    Nice, just will try it when my batere get error, now my problem solved with swap battery, I will use your method when the problem goes back

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 06:02 AM
    Right Here we go.
    1.) Run Battery until it shuts down.
    2.) Take out battery, Sim and SD Card, "Not Sure this does anything but i did it"
    3.) Take An voltmeter "0% Battery Reading comes fom 3.3V (Seen this reading on another post somewhere)
    4.) Leave Battery out for about an hour.
    5.) Fit Battery, Sim and sd. And power cable with charge head without plugging it in.
    6.) Hold power button on phone for couple of minutes.
    7.) Plug Into power outlet and let phone switch on. Once on Check battery %.
    8.)remove once full.

N.b Something i did not post this morning i needed to set the date and time. Again Which tells me the if it has a little memory battery inside the phone which allows for swapping batteries etc without having to reset the time.

8.40PM currently on 39% battery, running some videos to drain and check result.
    9.19PM Currently on 27% batter, Playing music, taking some pics to drain faster, still on
    Ok, I've used your method, BB after short charging was switch on and battery indicator showed 11 % (when BB shut off battery had 3,3 v)I'm, still observing, but it good news because indicator have never before dropped to 11%

PS. sorry for my English I hope you can understand me
    07-04-13 04:41 PM
    STL 1 for me. I've only had my phone for less than 2 weeks & this is the 3rd time this has happened. Right now actually and the phone won't power on. Any suggestions? Please be as plain spoken as possible as I am not a techie at all. Thanks.
    07-04-13 09:03 PM
283 ... 45678 ...