Hi All

I just bought a Blackberry Z10, secondhand from people I met from Internet
    The Blackberry is still kinda new, used only for a month. And I got it pretty much cheaper

But the problem is, this Z10 can't detect sim card (yes the previous owner been telling about this before. She said its happened after she's upgrading the software)
    So, I bought it, and re-installed the software (10,2 - 10,3 - even back to 10,1) still not working.
    I'm trying to search the similar issues on Google, and found that it possibly because the simcard reader is broken

I check the simcard reader, I'm not really sure, but yes, seems there one pins missing on there. I saw only 3 pins on my Z10 simcard reader. Haven't seen any other Z10. Would you mind to check your Z10? How many pins on there?

And also, does the warranty will cover this issues if I claim it? I mean, it seems because human-error (previous owner might put the sim card not really carefully).

If not, how much it cost to fix it and change the simcard reader part? Well think I'm not gonna gambling anymore to buy a cheap gadget in the hope I can fix it by myself

Thank you for help!

--- UPDATE ---

I have check colleagues Q10 card reader (heard that Q10 and Z10 card reader exactly the same). And saw that on Q10 the pins is also only 3 (I thought it could be 4 pins because theres one pins slot at the left side empty)

So how do I fix it without bring it to phone repair shop?
    Last edited by aliarroughi; 08-05-14 at 07:00 AM.
    08-04-14 11:42 AM
    I think there is supposed to be 6 pins 3 on three. Check make sure you have all six
    08-04-14 12:01 PM
    Hi All

The Blackberry is still kinda new, used only for a month. And I got it pretty much cheaper

But the problem is, this Z10 can't detect sim card (yes the previous owner been telling about this before. She said its happened after she's upgrading the software)
    So, I bought it, and re-installed the software (10,2 - 10,3 - even back to 10,1) still not working.
    I'm trying to search the similar issues on Google, and found that it possibly because the simcard reader is broken

I check the simcard reader, I'm not really sure, but yes, seems there one pins missing on there. I saw only 3 pins on my Z10 simcard reader. Haven't seen any other Z10. Would you mind to check your Z10? How many pins on there?

And also, does the warranty will cover this issues if I claim it? I mean, it seems because human-error (previous owner might put the sim card not really carefully).

If not, how much it cost to fix it and change the simcard reader part? Well think I'm not gonna gambling anymore to buy a cheap gadget in the hope I can't fix it by myself

Thank you for help!
    Warranty... normally is only good with the originally buyer and via the original seller. You can try...

Cost can vary based on prices from your local shops and their labor rates. Guess at $75... could be more or less.
    08-04-14 12:04 PM
    Hi All

If not, how much it cost to fix it and change the simcard reader part? Well think I'm not gonna gambling anymore to buy a cheap gadget in the hope I can't fix it by myself

Thank you for help!
    Warranty will NOT cover it for two reasons. First, warranties do not cover user damage. Now sometimes INSURANCE will cover that type of damage but with a deductible (you pay a certain amount). Second, generally BB warranties only cover the original purchaser and not a second buyer.

Good luck. You might be able to find a cellphone repair shop that can fix it.
    08-04-14 12:14 PM
    I think there is supposed to be 6 pins 3 on three. Check make sure you have all six
    I saw there are only three pins on one side. Thought it could be four pins on one side because I saw theres one pins slot on the corner left empty

Warranty... normally is only good with the originally buyer and via the original seller. You can try...

Cost can vary based on prices from your local shops and their labor rates. Guess at $75... could be more or less.
    Warranty will NOT cover it for two reasons. First, warranties do not cover user damage. Now sometimes INSURANCE will cover that type of damage but with a deductible (you pay a certain amount). Second, generally BB warranties only cover the original purchaser and not a second buyer.

Good luck. You might be able to find a cellphone repair shop that can fix it.
    I live in Indonesia. And in here, as long as we keep the receipts, we can claim guarantee no matter are we the first or second user. That's why I brave enough to gamble buying this error Z10. Cause thought I can claim the warranty. But I don't know if the case is broken simcard reader
    08-04-14 12:27 PM
    --- UPDATE ---

I have check colleagues Q10 card reader (heard that Q10 and Z10 card reader exactly the same). And saw that on Q10 the pins is also only 3 (I thought it could be 4 pins because theres one pins slot at the left side empty)

08-05-14 07:01 AM
    Could be the previous owner use sim card adapter and damaged the sim card slot .

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    08-05-14 07:04 AM
    --- UPDATE ---

You Tube has a number of self help video that show how to replace a sim card reader.... May even be one for the Z10 (there is one for a BB10 device).
    08-05-14 11:27 AM