On Saturday I was tasked with setting up and configuring a Hewlett Packard printer for use with the BlackBerry PlayBook. Since the user did not have Microsoft Windows nor Apple Mac OS X to use the supplied software on the CD shipped with the printer, I decided to give the BlackBerry Z10 and specifically its exceptional web browser a try - the printer has a built-in web server and WiFi access point. The web page displayed much to my surprise. After a bit like trial and error figuring out the differences between e-print and direct WiFi printing this HP 3520 was printing via Hewlett Packard's eprint service. Afterwards, the user's BlackBerry PlayBook was used for demonstrate how to print wirelesslly from the tablet. Yeah I could have used the BlackBerry PlayBook to configure the printer but I wanted to determine whether the BlackBerry Z10 was up to the task.

Conclusion: Success

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-21-13 10:38 AM
    Basically you used the HP server to send the doc to your server or was it through your LAN?
    I have tried that in my lan and cannot do it (I do not have a server at home lol). But I can use the remote e-print feature through the hp server.

The only thing is that this means the doc goes to a "third party" so I cannot really print out important confidential stuff unless I figure out a way to do it through lan (which I believe will never happen ).

Thanks for the very interesting post.
    04-21-13 11:08 AM