While probably SAR rating -radiation level- doesn't mean anything to most cell users, I believe it will become an important issue since we are all expose to radiation every time we use a cell phone and radiation, like it or not, may cause adverse health effects in humans.

If you want to read more about it here a brief wrote by CNET Cell phone radiation levels - CNET Reviews
    plus you can fin tons of information in the internet.

Regarding Blackberry Z10 here 2 initial reports about it:

From tawkon.com
    Blackberry Z10 Radiation Levels (SAR)

Here the hightlights of the report

"We see that the Blackberry Z10 has made some progress on lowering it's maximum radiation output, but with value of maximum specific absorption rate of 0.970 W/Kg, Blackberry is still on the higher end compared to nearly all popular phones on the market."

"The BlackBerry Z10 outputs a peak of 0.970 watts per kilogram (W/Kg), that�s worse than Google�s latest Nexus 4 smartphone, which clocks in at 0.550W/Kg, but not far off Apple�s iPhone 5, which peaks at 0.901 W/Kg."

"Out of the top ten "hot" phones, we found the Z10 to have the highest SAR value."

Another one from The Sociable
    BlackBerry Z10 worse than iPhone 5 for peak cell phone radiation exposure - The Sociable

it is based on the report from tawkon.com but has more information
    highlights

"tawkon has applied its industry standard cell phone radiation tracking test to RIM�s latest creation and found that while it�s better than its predecessors the Z10 is lagging behind the competition in terms of its peak radiation output."

"Worryingly, the phone�s SAR value increases to 1.5W/Kg when it�s being used as a wireless hotspot. The company reports that this measurement was taken �when clipped on a belt, in a Research In Motion approved holster equipped with an integrated belt clip. Which is something to be mindful of when tethering your phone."
    02-01-13 06:51 PM
    The use of the term "radiation" here is misleading, even fear-mongering. FCC SAR is a measure of radiofrequency energy absorption, not of radiation.

Read up on the FCC site about what we know scientifically:

Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) For Cell Phones: What It Means For You | FCC.gov

and more importantly:

Wireless Devices and Health Concerns | FCC.gov
    02-01-13 08:56 PM
    These newer posters, putting this crap up should be banned. It's obviosu that they are:
    1) paid by Google
    2) paid by Apple (more likely in my opinion)
    3) fanboys of Apple or Google.

Seriously, close forum registration for hte next week.
    02-01-13 09:07 PM
    Speakerphone. Solved.
    SDTRMG and Lehomer like this.
    02-01-13 09:22 PM
    These newer posters, putting this crap up should be banned. It's obviosu that they are:
    1) paid by Google

lol'ing irl
    02-01-13 09:34 PM
    1) paid by Google

Didn't you get the memo? Apple and Google are part of the same secret organization, hellbent on the destruction if BlackBerry!
    02-01-13 09:39 PM
    The use of the term "radiation" here is misleading, even fear-mongering. FCC SAR is a measure of radiofrequency energy absorption, not of radiation.

Read up on the FCC site about what we know scientifically:

Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) For Cell Phones: What It Means For You | FCC.gov

and more importantly:

Wireless Devices and Health Concerns | FCC.gov
    If this is the case, send in the lawyers .
    02-01-13 09:52 PM
    Yes radiation is measured in ceverts not watts
    02-01-13 10:50 PM
    lol... ironically, I find I actually hold my phone up to my ear for conversation very rare these days. I either do most of my communicating through IM/e-mail, or I'm on my car's Bluetooth.
    southlander and meganVee like this.
    02-01-13 10:53 PM
    1) paid by Google

this is exactly the kind of posts we dont need on CB. The poster has been here for 2 years longer than you. I should ban you being that you are the "newer poster" and your post is certainly crap. For some this is an issue that people do legitimately care about. Its not BS, its not trolling its an actual thread.
    02-01-13 10:57 PM
    So, if I get bitten by a spider while I'm using my Z10 as hotspot.....
    King29b and pcguy514 like this.
    02-01-13 10:57 PM
    this is exactly the kind of posts we dont need on CB. The poster has been here for 2 years longer than you. I should ban you being that you are the "newer poster" and your post is certainly crap. For some this is an issue that people do legitimately care about. Its not BS, its not trolling its an actual thread.
    I don't think it's very responsible for a moderator to make threats like that. Also, you just personally attacked that user, which is clearly against the rules on CB.
    02-01-13 11:00 PM
    I don't think it's very responsible for a moderator to make threats like that. Also, you just personally attacked that user, which is clearly against the rules on CB.
    He warned the user rather than giving them the infraction they deserved. He was doing them a favour. If you have a problem with moderation, send the mods a PM. It's never constructive to derail threads to discuss moderation.
    barnfoot likes this.
    02-01-13 11:07 PM
    Here's the way I see

High radiation = Better Connection/Few Dropped Calls
    Lower Radiation = Worse Connection/More Dropped Calls

Pick your poison.

This is after a WIRELESS phone.
    02-01-13 11:10 PM
    Where is the threat and personal attack? All I see is a well deserved warning.
    And FYI, posting complaints about moderators is against the rules on CB... I suggest you read them.
    jdhooghe likes this.
    02-01-13 11:10 PM
    He warned the user rather than giving them the infraction they deserved. He was doing them a favour. If you have a problem with moderation, send the mods a PM. It's never constructive to derail threads to discuss moderation.
    I didn't derail this thread, the moderator did.
    02-01-13 11:12 PM
    nevermind ...
    02-01-13 11:20 PM
    Where is the threat and personal attack? All I see is a well deserved warning.
    And FYI, posting complaints about moderators is against the rules on CB... I suggest you read them.
    Threat: "I should ban you being that you are the "newer poster""
    Personal Attack: "and your post is certainly crap"
    02-01-13 11:27 PM
    Didn't you get the memo? Apple and Google are part of the same secret organization, hellbent on the destruction if BlackBerry!
    No the memo I got actually said they are publicly hellbent on destroying BlackBerry. Lol.
    02-02-13 12:50 AM
    Threat: "I should ban you being that you are the "newer poster""
    Personal Attack: "and your post is certainly crap"
    It's not a personal attack. It's an agreeable comment within the CB community regarding that wear your tin foil hat comment.

But eh, with so much radiation already traveling through the air, and as long as it passes FCC. We need not worry.

And like the guy said, radiation is measured in Rads. Not watts.
    barnfoot likes this.
    02-02-13 01:11 AM
    So, if I get bitten by a spider while I'm using my Z10 as hotspot.....
    Depends how long the spider was walking on your phone.
    02-02-13 01:24 AM
    don't worry OP i'm sure it isn't something one of your tinfoil hats can't fix

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-02-13 01:29 AM
    1) paid by Google

Not sure if trolling. Or just crazy. Sure someone is concerned about radiation their phone gives off. I am not too concerned but this person is. I am under the impression that phones don't produce ionizing radiation which is what causes increased mutation in the cell so there isn't much to worry about. (source: I am a currently taking a BSc in Biochem)
    02-02-13 01:29 AM
    Not sure if trolling. Or just crazy. Sure someone is concerned about radiation their phone gives off. I am not too concerned but this person is. I am under the impression that phones don't produce ionizing radiation which is what causes increased mutation in the cell so there isn't much to worry about. (source: I am a currently taking a BSc in Biochem)
    Your real world knowledge means nothing here, this is the internets!

jimpilot likes this.
    02-02-13 01:32 AM
    Yes radiation is measured in ceverts not watts
    roentgens/MPE/REMS/RADS/Sievert ,,, the rest i'll let you look up...
    02-02-13 02:24 AM
51 123