LOL, their saying any and everything to short this stock.....now they're lying for their lives......
    03-21-13 08:53 PM
    I'm not worried in any sense of the word. I too did not pre order as I like to walk in and walk out with a purchase, especially when it comes to electronic devices, cell phones, etc. I think BB is going to do more then o.k. Sure, as with anything, there are going to be people who just don't think the platform is for them, or has too much of a learning curve, or whatever the case may be. Once it has been out for a while, and the things we have all grown to love about BB, things will most definitely pick up even more so then now. When people see how stable the O/S and platform is, and they are not having to do battery pulls, and software upgrades implement many new things that just plain work, it will attract many more buyers in the long run. As with anything new, it takes time to catch on for a lot of people, and for the ones that don't like it, I also read about many stating that it is the "BEST" phone they have ever used! That is one pretty strong statement to make, especially in today's world with the ever changing technology. IMHO I think this is the best that BB has offered to date. Also, keep in mind with the release of the qwerty, there are going to be many more, as I personally know many who are holding out for that release.
    03-21-13 08:53 PM
    Ha ha, how misinformed some people are when I read claims they were almost bankrupt!! When in fact they are very cash strong, BlackBerry is only market share weak compared to the fact they were once the leader. The more koolaid drinking Apple lovers I have to listen to, the less I like their phone and I actually own one. 2 or 3 days after buying it I was bored. Have had the 10 for a month and can't put it down!! If I could hump it and spoon with it I would

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 08:54 PM
    so because your friends pre-ordered the phone, that means that it's doing well? no the news isn't biased, they're a financial consulting publication. not a tech blog.
    Yep, you can't extrapolate your friends pre-ordering to say that pre-orders are strong in the US, and you can't extrapolate what you've seen in terms of marketing to say that the US hasn't had marketing either. Definitely need a large amount of data points to have a half-decent idea about those things.

I wouldn't say that Barron's is biased. However, it is important to note that the quality of their information depends on how accurate the analyst is. They report the analysis from firms such as Detwiler Fenton, but cannot vouch for the accuracy of said analysis.
    03-21-13 08:57 PM
    I pre-ordered mine online in the US. Bought the phone so still had to go to AT&T to get SIM card upgrade. The sales guy in the store was so incredibly uninformed it amazed me. He said he knew nothing about the phone, had received no training and did not know that they were supposed to be rolling it out tomorrow... Friday. I really don't know how phones are typically launched but it sure seems to me that someone is dropping the ball on this one.
    03-21-13 08:57 PM
    Oh! The Super bowl ad money!
    03-21-13 09:00 PM
    I pre-ordered mine online in the US. Bought the phone so still had to go to AT&T to get SIM card upgrade. The sales guy in the store was so incredibly uninformed it amazed me. He said he knew nothing about the phone, had received no training and did not know that they were supposed to be rolling it out tomorrow... Friday. I really don't know how phones are typically launched but it sure seems to me that someone is dropping the ball on this one.
    this is true, i told my mom who is due for an upgrade and on her way to the at&t store tonight, that there was a new blackberry and to check it out if she could. she said nobody at the store had heard about the z10 or even a new model. pretty shocking.
    03-21-13 09:02 PM
    I spoke to a relative of mine today that works at an Att coporate store in a city with 100000 people . They received 4 and 1 demo today. I'm getting 2 of them but that seems like a really low amount for launch even for a curve.
    03-21-13 09:02 PM
    This sounds familiar...didn't these sites also said that UK and Canada sales were disappointing as well? That is until officials, who actually know the numbers, stepped out and said otherwise.

I highly doubt that a small firm has the connections to really know what's going on. However, we all know and expect BB to have a tough, uphill battle in the States. I wish BB the best and hope it will be a hit like in the rest of the world. Also, to all US Z10 owners, and will-be owners, spread the love when you get your BB device: post up good reviews on carrier sites, tech sites, friends, and families. That's the only way BB can win this (and even BB themselves have admitted needing help from their loyal customers).
    this!!!

really guys?? everyone forgot that already??
    03-21-13 09:09 PM
    Well...there's no advertising to speak of and TMo doesn't even let you preorder. I'm unsurprised.
    03-21-13 09:12 PM
    Lmao so full of BS this is no one has info on this except BB.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    03-21-13 09:23 PM
    I walked into a Best Buy and they had nothing on display. Went to an AT&T store and they said they would put their displays out tonight. One of the employees there had a Z10 for training purposes and let me play with it. I am stoked now hoping mine arrives tomorrow. Once I started playing with it and showing some of the features everyone wanted to play with it. He told me it was the best phone he ever used. He was still showing it off when I left.
    ErinnM likes this.
    03-21-13 09:33 PM
    this is true, i told my mom who is due for an upgrade and on her way to the at&t store tonight, that there was a new blackberry and to check it out if she could. she said nobody at the store had heard about the z10 or even a new model. pretty shocking.
    What did your mom end up with?
    03-21-13 09:40 PM
    Well I couldn't pre order because I'm on Verizon, and my upgrade isn't till April 25th!!!!! I can't wait for my Z10!!!
    03-21-13 09:43 PM
    Super bowl ad doesn't count?

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Nope, too long ago and nobody but us BB fanatics actually remember it. In fact I have a hard time remembering it and I pre-ordered on VZW.
    03-21-13 09:59 PM
    Lmao so full of BS this is no one has info on this except BB.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    Probably 50+ people each at AT&T and Verizon have access to it.
    03-21-13 10:03 PM
    Tiernan Ray is a columist and far from a Market Analyst. BB's sales numbers over Fri-Sun (3/22-3/24) will be an inital baromoter for it's success. His point of poor pre-orders doesn't distinguish any reference to expectations of these pre-orders. More importantly, as a Trader for 12+ yrs, any person who makes assumptions on numbers before the initial Fri-Sun sales numbers are delivered, is truly immature, premature and misinforming the public; his column is more of a bias then reality. Numbers speak truth, 3/25 will be interesting.
    03-21-13 10:06 PM
    Wouldn't believe a source like BGR. Don't get me wrong, love the website for somethings but BGR feels like its strictly IPHONE and I've read more than a few articles bashing on BBRY there. I feel like preorders are doing fine. Best Buy was sold out online. That's a good thing! Guess we'll find out soon enough.
    03-21-13 10:37 PM
    We got a pretty lengthy training for VZW and also played with the phones for a while, even used BBRY website with the all the video guides. I was the only one that knew how to use it in the whole training room right out of the box due to Crackberry Nation (thanks!). I gave a lot of input and people were loving the device. This surprises me that there wasn't any training.

I'm ready to get mine tomorrow with AT&T!! Zed 10!!!!
    03-21-13 10:44 PM
    so because your friends pre-ordered the phone, that means that it's doing well? no the news isn't biased, they're a financial consulting publication. not a tech blog.
    Likewise, just because it didn't capture the sales numbers at the time of article doesn't mean that the sales weren't made.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 10:44 PM
    Wouldn't believe a source like BGR. Don't get me wrong, love the website for somethings but BGR feels like its strictly IPHONE and I've read more than a few articles bashing on BBRY there. I feel like preorders are doing fine. Best Buy was sold out online. That's a good thing! Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Read a little bit further up on the page....
    Its already been said, twice actually by my count
    BGR is NOT the source.
    That being said, they do lean towards anti-blackberry articles but they seem to have changed their tune as of late.
    UndeadNinjaa likes this.
    03-21-13 10:49 PM
    Read a little bit further up on the page....
    Its already been said, twice actually by my count
    BGR is NOT the source.
    That being said, they do lean towards anti-blackberry articles but they seem to have changed their tune as of late.
    Thanks for correcting me.

I now see that they're not the source, little tired and didn't read fully..

Well I hope Sales go better than the pre-orders then. I really think they will.
    erodenero likes this.
    03-21-13 10:59 PM
    Thanks for correcting me.

I now see that they're not the source, little tired and didn't read fully..

Well I hope Sales go better than the pre-orders then. I really think they will.
    Understandable.
    I would hope that if pre order volumes were lower it was because people would rather just go get one in the store at launch, as some have stated above. But I have no idea why they aren't marketing harder in the States to increase awareness, one would think thats where they would spend the dollars.
    03-21-13 11:05 PM
    I would have to agree with several posters re marketing. I have not seen any tv adds leading up to tomorrow's US launch in the NY metro area. Don't spend my day watching tv but I've not seen any commercials while watching the NCAA tourney
    03-21-13 11:13 PM
    BGR just needs to die off
    03-21-13 11:18 PM
151 12345 ...