I'm on t-mo, like pre-order where? I didn't actually see a pre-order page on t-mo. When they have them in stock, I'll just go get one.
    03-21-13 07:43 PM
    no, the source isn't BGR. it's barrons.. one of the most trusted financial publications in existence. the story is likely true too. there is 0 marketing going on in the USA, tmobile hasn't even made it available for pre-order yet, and sprint doesn't have it. so that leaves only the two biggest iphone carriers left.
    This "zero marketing" you speak of is incorrect..I'm in the Tampa Bay area which is probably a top 10 or 15 at worst media market here in the US and watching the NCAA tourney all day I can tell you they've had on average 2 commercials per hour and that's just 1 out of the 4 stations the games are running on
    R Field likes this.
    03-21-13 07:46 PM
    Aside from iPhone, what company had a great preorder for its phones ?? I think these types of articles are paid for by competitors to affect the Z10 launch in US !!
    03-21-13 07:47 PM
    I didn't want to preorder, I would rather walk into the store and walk home with it that day. The salesperson who sold my wife her Note II didn't believe that BlackBerry would sell that we'll enough to warrant a preorder.
    This is exactly what I'm doing. Gonna walk into Best Buy tomorrow morning and just buy one. And the sad thing is, I'm still gonna have it before some of the pre-order shipments even reach the doors of the people who ordered them.
    ErinnM and shaleem like this.
    03-21-13 07:51 PM
    Sounds like some unhappy people are stuck in a long-term (relationship) contract with the wrong phone and can't justify a breakup and hook up with BB Z10.....all well hang tight and get out of the way...LoL
    03-21-13 07:52 PM
    I had the luxury of buying a Z10 and playing with it on my companies plan before I swapping out my 9900. I swapped the 9900 out 3 hours ago at an AT&T company store. I spent 10 minutes explaining the phone to the rep who had not been trained on the phone yet...telling me that his training was going to happen 20 minutes after I left. He also said that they got 16 of the units in and can order more if the demand was high. 16 is a low number for this store as it is in a high traffic area and is a company store. I do not think AT&T thinks the phone will at all sell and is expecting low turnout. I really hope that is not the case and sales are solid / sold out by Saturday. BB needs a win...this would do it despite the avalanche of criticism.
    03-21-13 08:02 PM
    Friends in the US have pre ordered. The news is not accurate. Bias reporting, aye?

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 08:05 PM
    Who really cares if the USA 'wants' this or not, even more reason why they were made to wait it out.
    They can say what they want in denial of what is really grinding on them... the apparent success of the new Z10 and to be release Q10.
    03-21-13 08:05 PM
    When you are hated and talked about that mean you are doing something right
    03-21-13 08:06 PM
    It doesn't surprise me. The USA the place where BlackBerry has been ridiculed for few years now. It's going to take time here.
    03-21-13 08:06 PM
    Unfortunately, if this is actually true, it's because the salespeople are misinformed and spewing nonsense about Blackberry being "bankrupt" and trying to schill Android and Crapple devices.

I just hope we can prove all of the nay-sayers to be wrong.
    I agree with you...The AT&T stores in Miami, don't even have any advertising in the store about a phone that is being released tomorrow. When I went in to ask about the Z10, they looked at me like I had 3 heads.
    03-21-13 08:10 PM
    typical iBGR bozos
    BerryWizard likes this.
    03-21-13 08:25 PM
    This sounds familiar...didn't these sites also said that UK and Canada sales were disappointing as well? That is until officials, who actually know the numbers, stepped out and said otherwise.

I highly doubt that a small firm has the connections to really know what's going on. However, we all know and expect BB to have a tough, uphill battle in the States. I wish BB the best and hope it will be a hit like in the rest of the world. Also, to all US Z10 owners, and will-be owners, spread the love when you get your BB device: post up good reviews on carrier sites, tech sites, friends, and families. That's the only way BB can win this (and even BB themselves have admitted needing help from their loyal customers).
    mjizzle and lorax1284 like this.
    03-21-13 08:27 PM
    Friends in the US have pre ordered. The news is not accurate. Bias reporting, aye?

Posted via CB10
    so because your friends pre-ordered the phone, that means that it's doing well? no the news isn't biased, they're a financial consulting publication. not a tech blog.
    Eric Shapiro likes this.
    03-21-13 08:31 PM
    Who really cares if the USA 'wants' this or not, even more reason why they were made to wait it out.
    They can say what they want in denial of what is really grinding on them... the apparent success of the new Z10 and to be release Q10.
    You can't have a brain if you think Blackberry or any other phone manufacturer can be a success without the US buying in. Get over your inferiority complex and recognize that the US will make or break your opportunity to enjoy the phone company you obviously love as much as I do.

Secondly, I went into an AT&T store today to ask how many units they have and the associate actually had a Z10 in her hand and let me demo it! It's amazing! It's so slick looking and sturdy feeling. The gestures are so bad a$$ I couldn't believe it. The coolest thing was that this associate told me she gave up her Galaxy S3 after getting her hands on the Z10. She was so well informed I was blown away. She told me they had gone through extensive training on it and she was excited about the phone.

Anyway, no preorder for me either. I gotta walk out with this thing in my hand tomorrow!
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    03-21-13 08:31 PM
    blackberry cares
    shaleem and richardat like this.
    03-21-13 08:32 PM
    Well, I pre-ordered one.

Having said that, and while acknowledging that this report is disputed, it is utterly unsurprising to me that Z10 pre-orders would be low. It has been basically unsupported by television advertising in the United States - the last television ad ran two months ago (the Super Bowl ad). How much pre-order excitement can you generate without a full-fledged advertising campaign?
    03-21-13 08:35 PM
    Are you following BGR for news?

It's like using Yahoo for searching

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 08:35 PM
    Are you following BGR for news?

It's like using Yahoo for searching

Posted via CB10
    BGR didn't write the article, at least read it if you're going to claim its garbage, otherwise you sound silly.
    randall2580, mset and richardat like this.
    03-21-13 08:39 PM
    ...That's 'cause I don't and won't "pre-order" anything,...never done so with a tv,..a car,...a pair of skates and won't do it for a phone. But! I will go to the proper outlet and purchase one of those items "over-the-counter",....just as I plan to for the Z10 at he AT&T Store! I'm sure there are many more like me out there.

Less than 12 hours! Yes!!
    03-21-13 08:40 PM
    I pre ordered on Att. It is already on its way.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 08:41 PM
    Super bowl ad doesn't count?

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    03-21-13 08:41 PM
    This is why BBRY needed to work with carriers to relax the upgrade windows to ensure LOTS of Z10's were preordered. For example, I got the 9850 on Day 1 of release, and my upgrade isn't until 5/6. If I could have preordered, you bet I would have! I just can't see spending $400 extra to get the phone 5-6 weeks earlier. Even if there is any truth to preorder numbers being disappointing, I think it will gain momentum as more 9850 upgrades go live very soon, as well as those models released earlier last year.
    randall2580 likes this.
    03-21-13 08:43 PM
    I'm not surprised if pre orders aren't great once people get to try out in store demos and or seem them in public they will want to buy them. Word of mouth advertising is the best form.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    03-21-13 08:46 PM
    so because your friends pre-ordered the phone, that means that it's doing well? no the news isn't biased, they're a financial consulting publication. not a tech blog.
    So they are guessing just like everybody
    03-21-13 08:48 PM
151 1234 ...