BB Z10
    Model STL 100-3
    OS 10.3.2.556

Woke up this morning to find that my calendar would not load. Restarted the Z10 and
    the calendar returned. Then noticed that all of my contacts were gone, ie. local, favorites,
    and email accounts. Did several reboots but no luck in recovering the contacts.

I also discovered that if I use the BB Assistant it will retrieve any contact that I request. For example,
    if I type in the letter "a" BB Assistant will provide every contact beginning with the letter "a" and any
    other contacts, calendar entries or messages containing the letter "a". However, the ALL, FAVORITES,
    LOCAL CONTACTS, GROUPS, etc. all show no contacts are present.

I have been using Blackberry Link but Link has never been able to capture all of my contacts
    into Outlook. Of the 400 contacts on the Z10, only 245 contacts get backed up on Outlook. There
    is always a discrepancy between what's on the Z10 and what gets saved to Outlook using Link.
    Consequently, I'm reluctant to use Link to restore my contacts if there is another way to recover
    all of the them. Any help would really be appreciated.

Wally
    Last edited by Shortgrass; 04-02-17 at 11:00 PM. Reason: additional information
    03-28-17 12:33 PM
    Hi wally,
    first thing first, check in settings/account that contacts are still enable (sorry, from memory but basically it should state something like [your computer name] contacts (for thoses synced w/ link) or [your account name/email] email, contact, calendar or the likes).
    Then double check in the hub that your accounts are listed and properties (email, contact) checked too.

Sorry, this is approximation and you may have done this already ... doing my best from my memory, hope it helps !
    03-28-17 12:58 PM
    I checked Settings/Accounts and each of my accounts shows that Contacts is enabled.
    Likewise, in the Hub my contacts are enabled. Something interesting I discovered is that although BB says
    I have no contacts, if I compose an email my contacts are there. In other words, in the TO: area
    of the email, I can recall my contacts my typing the first few letters of a name and BB retrieves
    the contact info. At that point, if I tap the contact for about two seconds the option screen appears and in that
    screen I'm given the option to View Contact and at that point I can see all the data I originally entered for that
    contact. So it appears the Contacts are still in my Z10 but they do not appear in the ALL, FAVORITES, GROUPS, EMAIL,
    etc. areas. I've also learned that I never selected the option to have my Contacts linked/sent to my SIM card. Had I done
    that I probably would be able to retrieve them and they'd be available if I ever had to change to another phone. I think
    I'll add that option in the future.

Wally
    03-30-17 11:02 PM