I am a heavy Blackberry user and I believe like many other devices that the Blackberry Z10 is being phased out. I do understand that the Z30 offers a better mobile experience than the Z10 with its higher performance specs, but that is no reason to talk less and less about the Z10. I would like to see a full review and comparison of the Z10 running OS 10.2.1 by Crackberry. I would also like to see more articles and such geared towards the Z10 I feel like it is truly the face and building stone of Blackberry 10. It is such a shame that it is quickly losing relevance. The Z10 is a device that has been around for over a year now and we all should not forget its use and power.

My opinion may seem wrong or unneeded but I search everyday online and find less and less talk of the Z10 when the Z10 itself is still considered in my eyes as one of the best Blackberries ever created.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 08:44 AM
    Hi and welcome to CrackBerry!
    I have not heard that anyone is phasing out the Z10 and I don't find a lack of information about the Z. Sorry. There is plenty of info here on the Z10. We have entire forums of info.

I am also sure if you check the Blog there are plenty of articles on the Z10.
    rarsen likes this.
    02-17-14 08:48 AM
    I may of used the term phased out incorrectly. I just feel like there may be more to the Z10 story then we are currently being offered.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 09:02 AM
    Seems BB10 is better suited for larger screens!!
    02-17-14 09:14 AM
    Seems BB10 is better suited for larger screens!!
    I love my Z10, small screen and all. It better suits my needs than a larger screen. It is perfect for me, and many others I would suspect.
    scrapmetal58 and devin266 like this.
    02-17-14 09:23 AM
    In T-mobile stores they are being phased out, with mail-order option only.

Honestly the Z10 is an awesome, sexy device. Blackberry's fault is being late to adding more features, apps, etc

If it had a 13mp camera and official android app integration (notifications on in left corner) I would stay with it forever.

Unfortunately I am just using my S4 right now...just waiting for T-mobile. They are taking their lovely time to roll out the update, it's already the Mid of February wtf
    02-17-14 09:28 AM
    That is such a shame, I know it is alot to ask but I wish OS rollouts were made available to all carriers at the same time like I phone users. When everyone receives updates at a different time it leaves the user experience with many mixed perceptions. Which has proven to do more harm them good for Blackberry. I wish the Z10 did have those features that you stated above as well.
    02-17-14 10:49 AM
    It's not the device hardware that is the problem. It's the marketing and mind share. Nothing is special about the iPhone 4S but it's selling millions in 2014. It's a branding problem.

A 4.7 inch 1080p, metal clad, Snapdragon 800, 3gb ram, 3000mah battery BB10 device would not sell any better than the Z10.

Yes crackberry faithful would love it. But the masses wouldn't care.

Posted via CB10
    Carmels likes this.
    02-17-14 10:58 AM
    Because BlackBerry has omitted many useful features for Z10. I even regret a little buying this device too early. Lol.

No FM radios (no problem), no USB OTG (big problem), no Miracast or Wifi direct support (big problem too). Even Q5 has these features. So yes, we felt left out. Oh btw, I'm using STL100-1 so no possibility for 4G, and also no possibility for the white balance (not a big problem for me, but still, some people are getting more features than I do, and I paid almost 650 US$ for this device). So yeah, for a while I'm pretty pissed. I still love my phone, but many improvements can be made. Oh, last but not least, very bad battery. Last only around 5 hours of usage, maybe more if I don't use the device often.

I like the dimension of the Z10 the best though, that's why I don't consider switching to Z30.. And my device is still new when Z30 came out.

Blackberry Z10 Relevance-img_20140218_002034.png
    02-17-14 11:20 AM
    I agree with your post and like the way you used the word mind share. There is definitely a branding problem. I tell people everyday that the Blackberry 10 devices are capable of so much and they just give me a glare and disregard everything I have to say just because it has the word Blackberry in it. Bet you if I were able to put my Z10 in an iPhone chassis people would gain interest. Damn shame how uneducated consumers make up the majority and have a say in which device are most successful.

And when I say uneducated I refer to nothing else except to the people who do not read into what their phones are capable of. (I have run into people who don't know their phone has wifi capabilities or people who see updates notifications on their Blackberry and delete them simply because they do not know what it is and are annoyed by the message.)

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 03:16 PM
    Because BlackBerry has omitted many useful features for Z10. I even regret a little buying this device too early. Lol.

No FM radios (no problem), no USB OTG (big problem), no Miracast or Wifi direct support (big problem too). Even Q5 has these features. So yes, we felt left out. Oh btw, I'm using STL100-1 so no possibility for 4G, and also no possibility for the white balance (not a big problem for me, but still, some people are getting more features than I do, and I paid almost 650 US$ for this device). So yeah, for a while I'm pretty pissed. I still love my phone, but many improvements can be made. Oh, last but not least, very bad battery. Last only around 5 hours of usage, maybe more if I don't use the device often.

I like the dimension of the Z10 the best though, that's why I don't consider switching to Z30.. And my device is still new when Z30 came out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140218_002034.png 
Views:	820 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	248758
    Stl-1 has miracast

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 06:26 PM
    I agree with your post and like the way you used the word mind share. There is definitely a branding problem. I tell people everyday that the Blackberry 10 devices are capable of so much and they just give me a glare and disregard everything I have to say just because it has the word Blackberry in it. Bet you if I were able to put my Z10 in an iPhone chassis people would gain interest. Damn shame how uneducated consumers make up the majority and have a say in which device are most successful.

And when I say uneducated I refer to nothing else except to the people who do not read into what their phones are capable of. (I have run into people who don't know their phone has wifi capabilities or people who see updates notifications on their Blackberry and delete them simply because they do not know what it is and are annoyed by the message.)

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like my wife!

She uses nothing but BlackBerry, has a brand new Q10 but could careless about the phones overall capabilities. She's still on 10.2 and gets a notification everyday to update her OS to 10.2.1 but could not be bothered.......CLEAR! She doesn't use apps and still to this very day writes out her weekly agenda on paper!

SMH......I look at her and say you have a BlackBerry! It's known for communication and organization, why don't you use it?!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 07:19 PM
    Stl-1 has miracast

Posted via CB10
    Really? How to make it work then? I have read times and again that no Z10 would support Miracast. I bet you don't have STL100-1..
    02-17-14 07:42 PM
    Only true Blackberry fanatics feel our pain. I am glad that she is able to get by and enjoy her mobile experience. Merely knowing she can achieve more and have access to countless of more futures that will further improve her experiences and chooses not to is stuff that keep me up at night aha. I myself will never understand why people do things differently I guess it is all human nature but the bottom line is Blackberry 10 has a lot of potential that is not being spoken about nearly as much as it should be and especially with regards to the Z10 in a positive light. I can only hope that this will turn around in the near future and we can all "keep moving forward".
    02-17-14 08:58 PM
    Z10 relevance = �149 on peasant as you go. Z30 on peasant as you go �500.

Yup Z30 is relevant for those with more money than sense.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 03:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    You are right. If Apple came out and said this is the new IOS 8. And it was actually BB10.2 people would be cheering. Blogs would be praising. Cook would be called Jobs. It's not a feature or software issue. It's a branding problem.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 08:16 AM
    Happens all the time here. A new model comes out and the previous device starts losing relevance.
    02-18-14 08:23 AM