I was charging my phone before going to sleep then I nudge the top of my phone a little bit accidentally (i'm a little bit paranoid and overly protective about my bb) then I hit it again just to see if something bad will happen ( just a slight nudge with my finger at the upper corner of the phone near the screen) I just let it charge and when I checked the phone after 1 hour. It restarted. I never saw how it restarted but I just saw that the BlackBerry hub is loading and my on going task was gone
    Im paranoid or worried if my slight nudge caused the restart (when i nudge it,it never restarted) my phone experience the so called reboot 3 weeks ago it only happend 2 times. 3 to be exact if i include what happend today. Kindly help me! Or enlighten me!

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 04:12 PM
    Bad hardware...replace phone...they are NEVER supposed to reboot on their own
    I was charging my phone before going to sleep then I nudge the top of my phone a little bit accidentally (i'm a little bit paranoid and overly protective about my bb) then I hit it again just to see if something bad will happen ( just a slight nudge with my finger at the upper corner of the phone near the screen) I just let it charge and when I checked the phone after 1 hour. It restarted. I never saw how it restarted but I just saw that the BlackBerry hub is loading and my on going task was gone
    Im paranoid or worried if my slight nudge caused the restart (when i nudge it,it never restarted) my phone experience the so called reboot 3 weeks ago it only happend 2 times. 3 to be exact if i include what happend today. Kindly help me! Or enlighten me!

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 04:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    Haha...breath! I've had reboots 1-2 x a week since I got mine. Doesn't really bother me, but would like it to change. Most people have noticed it has to with the battery being just a little loose causing the issue others believe that is not the case. Believe it's software related. 10.2 will fix all this, and for most people it has been already. I noticed mine always happens when plugged in and it bumps against a table top or something. If it's not that often I wouldn't worry, it will be resolved in the next update.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    08-09-13 04:34 PM
    Actually I think the plan was that 10.1 MR solved the reboot problem.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 04:36 PM
    What OS are you running?
    08-09-13 04:37 PM
    I don't believe nudging the phone reboots it. I have a similar problem where my phone rarely reboots when not charging (but has on occasion) & reboots when plugged in over night. Since I've updated to 10.1 MR it didn't happen for the first 2 nights but has since then, but not last night. The phone does not move while charging & there seems to be no discernible reason for the reboots, whether you claim, hardware, software, apps, sd card etc... There is a major flaw somewhere & I hope they figure it out. Something somewhere in the phone is not compatible with the rest of the phone. I also don't believe the rebooting is the only flaw as the phone sometimes gets heated, rarely, but does, among other little glitches. Thankfully though my phone, for the most part works fine but the 10.1 MR has not solved the rebooting issue, not for me at least.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 04:59 PM
    It is a known issue and BB has admitted to this in the knowledge base articles (search the BB knowledge base for this). After the 10.1 MR update it should be a thing of the past. I suggest you search the forums for he latest 10.2 leaks. It's really (really) easy to install and resolves these issues.
    08-09-13 05:08 PM
    My Z10 rebooted about six times over the period of 3 months. Then I upgraded to BB 10.1 and that seemed to go away and then start to reboot again on two different occasions, both happened during charging with my old BlackBerry wall charger that comes with the 8900. Once I used the charger that comes with the Z10, the self reboot problem hasn't happened again.
    08-09-13 05:25 PM