As currently there is limitation that the apps can not be installed on SD cards on Blackberry Z10/Q10, why is Blackberry not offering 32GB/64GB variants? I would have bought many more apps/games than what I have now if there was no such limitation.
    It really gets frustrating. I am ready to pay more money for these variants.
    I hope common sense prevails and we get these models.
    @Crackberry- Help?
    05-29-13 03:08 PM
    Help how?

BlackBerry made the decision. No new models with more on-board storage is coming.
    05-29-13 03:12 PM
    I don't see how I could ever fill up my 16 GBs, most android devices only allow 2 or 3 GBs for apps.
    05-29-13 03:14 PM
    Help - By taking message to Blackberry.
    Install few Gameloft/EA games and 16GB is done.
    I want to use Mireo offline maps but 2GB+ size of maps is keeping me away.

Help how?

BlackBerry made the decision. No new models with more on-board storage is coming.
    jrdba, eldricho and EchoesFX like this.
    05-29-13 04:47 PM
    Well a 128gb z10 would be awesome and than add a 64gb SD card !

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 04:49 PM
    I don't see how I could ever fill up my 16 GBs, most android devices only allow 2 or 3 GBs for apps.
    Wtf??? All software let's you put apps in storage card. BlackBerry doesn't for some reason. Lots cry they don't want toys on our phones so we are left with terrible storage options.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 04:51 PM
    I don't know even some games now are 1gb above. :-/

Empowered by QNX - BlackBerry Z10 Smarterphone.
    05-29-13 04:56 PM
    Wtf??? All software let's you put apps in storage card. BlackBerry doesn't for some reason. Lots cry they don't want toys on our phones so we are left with terrible storage options.

Posted via CB10
    You might need to try that last sentence again. I'm not sure what you were getting at. Most people I know don't find SD storage for apps to be the best solution.

Posted via CB10
    ryanza likes this.
    05-29-13 05:38 PM
    Ya, BlackBerry surprised me when 16 was all they offered, considering game apps sizes... it's not practical. And I hate the typical "Add and Remove" response to this, and saving apps on a sd card is full of issues too.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 05:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    I understood on the classic BBOS that apps on the SD card were a security issue, that is why RIM didn't allow it.
    Before everyone gets out the flame throwers I'm am not a programmer but I'm sure I read it here a couple of years back when I had my first Bold.

Posted via CB10
    toobs623 likes this.
    05-29-13 06:03 PM
    I understood on the classic BBOS that apps on the SD card were a security issue, that is why RIM didn't allow it.
    Before everyone gets out the flame throwers I'm am not a programmer but I'm sure I read it here a couple of years back when I had my first Bold.

Posted via CB10
    If it's encrypted I dont see why not . But what do I know. I just want a phone that can be mine how I want even if work says I have to use this.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 06:14 PM
    You might need to try that last sentence again. I'm not sure what you were getting at. Most people I know don't find SD storage for apps to be the best solution.

Posted via CB10
    Why not? Class 10 card reads and writes more than fast enough.
    That last sentence is why no Netflix and probably a lot of other essential apps too.
    Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 06:15 PM
    Are you kidding i could live with like 4gb of storage, just use the sd card for everything else.
    05-29-13 06:21 PM
    Are you kidding i could live with like 4gb of storage, just use the sd card for everything else.
    Your kidding? Right? Games take up a gig. No storage card to out them on.

Oh wait...I have a 7100 that would do you well. wanna buy it?

Posted via CB10
    curvezzz likes this.
    05-29-13 06:25 PM
    I know that security is an issue for having apps saved to SD cards but it's not the only issue. I think the bigger issue is that apps saved on a SD card don't run as well. At least that is what I have read in the past when reading up on this topic. I am in no way a developer or engineer so I do not know nor pretend to know the reasons behind why they don't. I would have also liked to see 32gb and maybe also a 64gb models because a lot of people have a lot of their 16gb used up under "other data" and a defined explanation of what other data is and how to get rid of it.

Kick'n it with my Z10. #BB10believe
    05-29-13 06:27 PM
    Why not? Class 10 card reads and writes more than fast enough.
    That last sentence is why no Netflix and probably a lot of other essential apps too.
    Posted via CB10
    I don't think 16 GB of app storage is what's keeping Netflix from offering a BB10 app.
    05-29-13 06:28 PM
    It's the overall attitude of the business phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 06:38 PM
    Yeah my phones been full since week 1

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 07:03 PM
    Yeah my phones been full since week 1

Posted via CB10
    You downloaded 16 gigs worth of apps in week one? I guess the ecosystem is better than people say.

Posted via CB10
    irweezyy and schmeat like this.
    05-29-13 07:13 PM
    The low priced SD cards are not very fast on read /write...I can't imagine how bad apps would run on them on a Z10...
    05-29-13 07:18 PM
    This was discussed on another thread recently. A few developers chimed in that the applications would have problems storing it on sd cards due to the likelihood that the cards would be removed and cause havoc. Just relaying the message, not my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 07:18 PM
    You downloaded 16 gigs worth of apps in week one? I guess the ecosystem is better than people say.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I did

The ecosystem isn't the problem. It's people's unresearched expectations versus reality IMO.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 07:26 PM
    So I'm sure a few people from here have come from Android devices and most offer only 16GB as well, even the iPhone offers only 16GB with non expandable memory, not to mention look at the nexus 4 8gb and 16gb models only?

Posted via CB10

Edit: point is stop whining. The ability to store apps on sd card may never come to many stability issues there. Then developers will get blamed for bad apps because people put them on the sd card and it started lagging. And no you can't split saves between internal and external unless you want another whole slew of problems
    05-29-13 08:52 PM
    I am not too much fan of apps on SD card, that is exactly the reason I strongly believe that BB should release 32GB/64GB variants of Z10/Q10. As I understand they can have better margin on those phones also. So why not make them available?

So I'm sure a few people from here have come from Android devices and most offer only 16GB as well, even the iPhone offers only 16GB with non expandable memory, not to mention look at the nexus 4 8gb and 16gb models only?

Posted via CB10

Edit: point is stop whining. The ability to store apps on sd card may never come to many stability issues there. Then developers will get blamed for bad apps because people put them on the sd card and it started lagging. And no you can't split saves between internal and external unless you want another whole slew of problems
    05-29-13 09:15 PM
    Yes, I did

The ecosystem isn't the problem. It's people's unresearched expectations versus reality IMO.

Posted via CB10
    Oh I agree with you fully. Just shocked you did it in 1 week.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 09:16 PM
68 123