Has anyone else come across the issue on their Z10 where you go to the notifications tab and put it into 'vibrate only' mode, yet it still has the 'sound' slider in the ON position (and greyed out)? I was so used to flipping my 9900 sound profiles from quiet to normal or vibrate depending on where I'm going. I am a huge Z10 fan but am starting to get annoyed when I put the phone in vibrate only mode, yet sounds still are active when a message comes in. Thoughts?
    02-11-13 06:37 PM
    I had the same thing happen this morning and I work in an office where cellphone sounds are frowned on. I tried changing each of the individual settings but it didn't help. I noticed that no matter what profile I selected, in the settings drop down it still would say "Normal". In the end, I just restarted the device and the profiles started working properly again.
    02-21-13 09:29 AM
    I had the same thing but different today. My phone software updated yesterday via blackberry link and today I noticed that calls were coming in but not ringing or vibrating...in any profile. I just did a batter pull reboot and it seems fine now, but this is a bit concerning. I'm on software 10.0.9.348, not sure if that's what buggered it up??
    02-21-13 12:42 PM
    how about the other way around.

the phone does not ring at all

happens to a few phones we have in the BES10 environment.

we took it out of bes 10 and still same - calling tech support - will post an update
    tgillan likes this.
    02-21-13 12:48 PM
    Any way to prevent the volume switches from changing the notifications? I'm noticing that I sometimes touch the volume buttons when putting my phone in my pocket and it sometimes changes the notification to/from silent. A little annoying!
    02-21-13 12:57 PM
    Has anyone else come across the issue on their Z10 where you go to the notifications tab and put it into 'vibrate only' mode, yet it still has the 'sound' slider in the ON position (and greyed out)? I was so used to flipping my 9900 sound profiles from quiet to normal or vibrate depending on where I'm going. I am a huge Z10 fan but am starting to get annoyed when I put the phone in vibrate only mode, yet sounds still are active when a message comes in. Thoughts?
    I have a similar problem: when I choose the Silent mode it ignores it altogether and sounds as if it was on Normal! But works well when on Vibrate.
    02-21-13 01:05 PM
    I am having this EXACT same issue! I am hoping that someone that has installed the new OS update with this issue can let us know if it's been resolved. I'm with Bell, so am still awaiting it's release!
    03-01-13 12:10 AM
    I found that using your volume down key to put it on vibrate solves this. Here is the thread. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...2/#post8068742

Hope it helps!!
    03-04-13 02:45 PM
    Well I installed the update through bell and am still getting the issue with the vibrate option greyed out in the OFF position when going into Vibrate Only mode. Help!
    03-08-13 12:32 AM
    Have been having the opposite, Z10 suddenly not ringing or vibrating when receiving calls during the day, had to reboot and worked ok for 2days, then same problem again. Just updated via O2 so hopefully problem fixed.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 02:29 AM
    Thanks for the info and link, currentodysseys, I wonder am I somehow hitting the volume buttons when putting the phone in and out of my pocket. will keep an eye on it today and post any update later.

has anyone noticed that if you touch the Blackberry logo when the phone is booting up you get a % display of the boot sequence. Cool feature
    currentodysseys likes this.
    03-08-13 02:40 AM
    Blackberry Z10 Profile/Notification Issues (sounds still on when in vibrate only)-img_00000233.jpg

This is what I'm experiencing for some reason...
    03-08-13 02:30 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000233.jpg 
Views:	433 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	139865

This is what I'm experiencing for some reason...
    That is weird. I played around a bit and this is what I got:

In Vibrate only (changed via settings-->notifications) this vibrate panel should be ON.
    Now, changing using the volume buttons (press v down till in silent and then one more push), phone goes to vibrate but in settings it is still like it is on Silent mode, which corresponds to the screenshot you attach. Even though, my phone does vibrate when receiving a phone call and msgs according to notification specific settings I have set for each notification (email, social media apps etc).

Try pressing volume up key until top volume and then check the above maybe?
    03-11-13 08:47 AM
    Thanks everyone for the replies. In the end, I had to do a security wipe and start fresh. Had to re-enter all my contacts and other info, but now it works! Not really the best resolution, but a resolution nonetheless.
    03-11-13 08:54 AM
    Thanks for the feedback and I am sorry you had to go for the full wipe to resolve.

One thing I would like to update: it has just been brought to my attention by other guys in the forum that the behavior of the volume keys and sound profile has been changed in the 10.0.10 update bundles. I am still on 10.0.9 version so I am sorry if for the above reason there was any confusion or things do not work on the updated version in the same way regarding the topic and my comments.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 12:17 PM
    I'm on 10.0.10.88 with AT&T and I just noticed this too... luckily I was sitting in a room by myself, but I'm also in a building where cellphones are to be kept at a low volume/silent. I will try a device reboot and then a battery pull to see if this changes the issue. So far I noticed that no matter what I change the volume rocket to, the notification volume doesnt move, unless it goes to slient. but even still sounds play for alerts.
    03-27-13 11:31 AM
    Any solutions yet?

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 04:09 PM
    I find mine to work just fine after 10.0.10.90 update. When phone is locked the volume buttons are locked as well so no accidents. I still use them to go to vibrate and it works perfectly for me.
    03-27-13 05:28 PM
    Is anyone still coming across this issue? I originally had it when i got the phone a couple months ago, but it has started acting up again! I haven't added any new apps or updates, but it all started after i did a backup earlier this week. I fixed this issue originally by doing a factory reset and re-entering all my data but I am not really feeling up to doing it again! Any help is appreciated!
    05-04-13 05:09 PM
    I'm still having this issue.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 07:39 AM
    I also have the issue and spoke with BlackBerry support about it. According to them it's a known issue that will be fixed in OS 10.1. In the meantime I'm using the "All Alerts Off" profile when I need to silence the phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 11:00 AM
    That's good to know, thanks for the info.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 11:29 PM