For me, my yahoo mail arrives much slower than my hotmail/outlook mail. I just accept this until it changes and use hotmail as my primary.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 11:13 PM
    That's for deletion, I don't want messages being deleted. Maybe I'm thinking of Sync timeframe?

But that's one nice thing about BIS - I can pick and choose what messages are left on my phone and for how long. Some things I might want to keep for a while while others I remove quickly.
    03-25-13 11:25 PM
    here is what I have noticed. I use thunderbird (Firefox) for the combination of 2 sources of which gmail is one. if I delete on my z10 it also deletes in the inbox of t/bird and leaves nothing in trash. if I delete in my t/bird it also deletes from the phone and doesn't leave anything in the trash, but t/bird has an archives folder which matches the inbox folder(t/bird) file for file. if you delete a file from the t/bird it will delete the corresponding file from the archives. but what caught my attention yesterday was that the numbers were not corresponding with each other. the archives is now saving all files whether i delete them from the phone or the computer. why this is happening, I do not know.
    Outook is also deleting from the inbox but is saving the files in the trash from the phone
    not all is lost
    hope this makes sense
    ron
    03-30-13 11:01 PM
    I use thunderbird (Firefox) for the combination of 2 sources of which gmail is one. if I delete on my z10 it also deletes in the inbox of t/bird and leaves nothing in trash. if I delete in my t/bird it also deletes from the phone and doesn't leave anything in the trash, but t/bird has an archives folder which matches the inbox folder(t/bird) file for file. if you delete a file from the t/bird it will delete the corresponding file from the archives. but what caught my attention yesterday was that the numbers were not corresponding with each other. the archives is now saving all files whether i delete them from the phone or the computer. why this is happening, I do not know.
    Outook is also deleting from the inbox but is saving the files in the trash from the phone

Gmail is not a garden-variety IMAP source, for IMAP clients they appear to emulate an IMAP server, more or less.

There are several configuration options on the Gmail side that control how Gmail handles deletions, some of which are specific to deletions from IMAP clients.

Also Gmail "labels" are not directly equivalent to traditional folders, though for the purposes of IMAP they present themselves as folders. (You have to specify which ones of these appear to an IMAP client in Gmail configuration.)

Lastly, there is a special "all mail" folder which is unique to Gmail, which is like a "catch all". Sometimes deleted messages will end up there, sometimes they will end up in a trash folder, sometimes they will be deleted immediately, all depending on how you set the Gmail options.

Gmail on Z10 thread
    03-31-13 12:16 PM
    You mean Samsung, the company that makes this ? 474 pages and counting..............

**Ultimate GS3 sudden death thread** - xda-developers

Nuff said
    But here you are using a Z10, made by the same company that had lots of 9900/9930 devices spontaneously bricking. Affected me...and many others including the Crackberry Founder.

Such foolishness on display from you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    03-31-13 12:51 PM
    Perhaps they should have tutorial at AT&T my phone company, to help people learn how to navigate the new phone. The knowledge of the salespeople is pathetic.
    03-31-13 06:57 PM
    Perhaps they should have tutorial at AT&T my phone company, to help people learn how to navigate the new phone. The knowledge of the salespeople is pathetic.
    Many have commented upon that. Glad I am a Verizon customer. Never liked ATT customer service anyway.
    03-31-13 07:22 PM
    Uh . . . there are two different things being addressed here, and people are talking past each other. Yes, it is easy to delete emails. The problem is there is no way to keep from deleting them from the server. That was ALWAYS available on past BBs.
    05-30-13 03:36 PM
    I'd also really like to know:

I found the Delete "On Mailbox & Handheld" or "On Handheld" function VERY useful in that there are emails I need to keep somewhere, but not on my handheld.

SO, do I understand correctly that that function is no longer available in any shape or form on the Z10? Is there some kind of workaround?!
    That is exactly right. I don't think it is dumb, foolish, childish, or unreasonable to want the function back.
    05-30-13 03:48 PM
    This is a known issue with BlackBerry, with previous devices you could choose to delete from just the handset, server or both with the 10 O/S if you delete from the handset it will delete from the server. The controls for these setting were removed. The question is why would they remove this feature? The BlackBerry Tech stated they are aware that many users want it back and BlackBerry is working to include it in 10.2, but there is no guarantee it will show up with this update. Also there is NO folder management for those of us who are using POP accounts\personal domains. BlackBerry is a great device, but in trying to please media users and gamers they are overlooking their strengths; this is clearly seen in their very poor marketing campaign.

Peace.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-11-13 03:22 PM
    The BlackBerry Tech stated they are aware that many users want it back and BlackBerry is working to include it in 10.2, but there is no guarantee it will show up with this update. Also there is NO folder management for those of us who are using POP accounts\personal domains.
    First of all, the POP3 protocol neither supports or knows anything about folders.

Secondly, what one of the BlackBerry managers (I believe Michael Clewley) said, as I recall, is they might bring back the ability to selectively delete msgs from the device. (ie the old "delete on server / delete on device" choice)

While that implies that there is someplace you might call a folder that such messages would be stored in ON-DEVICE (basically the hub inbox) until you decide to delete them, thats a far cry from "folder management" since among other things a POP3 server doesn't understand folders.
    10-12-13 10:21 PM
86 ... 234