Just horrible email management.... No "delete on handheld" option on the 10 device... just pathetic, do not know why they would do this...
    this phone already has last years technology, now this... like they definitely dropped the ball on this one, but that would only be the case if they ever had the ball in their hands... adios
    03-22-13 12:52 PM
    Sorry you're not pleased with the product. Best of luck with the device you settle on. Adios to you as well, and have a nice day.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 12:58 PM
    Sometimes I think I didn't purchase the same smartphone. All this negatives post... I don't understand.
    I tried the iPhone, lots of Android devices, the Nokia Lumia 900 (a good phone) ... the most innovative and intuitive is my new Z10.

Et pour finir en franais (my english is too poor...), je suis tonn (ou plutt pas...) de cette salve de messages ngatifs le jour du lancement du Z10 aux US.

Posted via CB10
    shads77, seacan2, Mic_JP and 1 others like this.
    03-22-13 01:14 PM
    It seems that the CB10 app doesn't like french accents...

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 01:15 PM
    He's just unhappy ,he doesn't know his way around the z10! Go back the enemy iphone or android 2 of the worst phones, i had both of those phones!

Posted via CB10
    seacan2 and noodle3288 like this.
    03-22-13 01:17 PM
    Just horrible email management.... No "delete on handheld" option on the 10 device... just pathetic, do not know why they would do this...
    this phone already has last years technology, now this... like they definitely dropped the ball on this one, but that would only be the case if they ever had the ball in their hands... adios
    You really had to create a thread for this?? Waste of time.

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    03-22-13 01:18 PM
    What are you going on about. It has the best delete in smartphones. Touch the three dots at the bottom of blackberry hub. Touch "select more" and select as many emails that you want to delete and touch the trash can at the bottom. What could be easier?
    03-22-13 01:21 PM
    Why don't you file your emails and become more organized. Honestly, it's better not have have that option. Also, I'm not sure other non blackberry phones have that either

Posted from my Z10
    03-22-13 01:21 PM
    That option really is a non issue, and to say that it has horrible email management, well that's just being a drama queen.

Posted via CB10
    grover5 likes this.
    03-22-13 01:32 PM
    I don't know my way around my z10 huh... lol

He's just unhappy ,he doesn't know his way around the z10! Go back the enemy iphone or android 2 of the worst phones, i had both of those phones!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 01:45 PM
    It seems that the CB10 app doesn't like french accents...

Posted via CB10
    Yeah... accents seems to disappear!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 01:47 PM
    So you hate the Z10 cause only of one feature missing? Wow.... You'll never be happy with any phone

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 01:49 PM
    im sticking with the blackberry because I need bbm for work... just very unhappy about that email management feature... hopefully there is a fix or a way around it other than filing my emails...

and Outlook Rules do not sync properly.. I have specific rules set up for certain people (ex: if nameX emails me, the email goes to nameX folder)...yea that doesnt work at alll...my outlook is a mess
    03-22-13 01:49 PM
    It was understood that the Z10 was going to be more dumbed-down to meet the wants of today's largely-ignorant consumers. It's a little disappointing that there's no "advanced mode" UI available, but I can deal with it, because my problems with the UI are so far down the list of problems in my life that I need to buy time on the Hubble space telescope to see them.
    scorepion likes this.
    03-22-13 02:02 PM
    Get with the times. Why would someone even store emails on a cellphone? Lose your cell phone and loose your emails. Have them hosted and then sync. Both ActiveSync and IMAP setups work great on the Z10. And when you upgrade your phone, no hassle.

Even with my Dev Alpha and using pop, I was able to download copies of my email, leave them on the server, use my home computer to do the same. Then I could delete the emails on the phone. But a cloud email service is ideal. I can't believe some people though, I want 16 cores and 33MP camera on my cell phone, but don't take away my pop email. LOL
    scorepion likes this.
    03-22-13 02:08 PM
    im sticking with the blackberry because I need bbm for work... just very unhappy about that email management feature... hopefully there is a fix or a way around it other than filing my emails...

and Outlook Rules do not sync properly.. I have specific rules set up for certain people (ex: if nameX emails me, the email goes to nameX folder)...yea that doesnt work at alll...my outlook is a mess
    I have 3-4 work outlook emails and a lot of advanced rules and they all show up nicely on my z10 in their separate folders....not sure why you are having this issue...have you tried specifying which folders to sync?
    03-22-13 02:13 PM
    I think that they left it out for a reason... you say you like to organize emails from certain people in certain folders and stuff, well z10 does that for you already.
    Just go to your contact and press "Activity" it shows all your interactions with the person including emails, texts, social, etc.

Plus for projects and stuff the Remember app is amazing

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 02:15 PM
    03-22-13 02:34 PM
    You clearly aren't intelligent enough to use a Blackberry. I've had mine for less than an hour and already figured out the delete function. Please go back to your iPhone.

seacan2, Nurees and Mic_JP like this.
    03-22-13 02:40 PM
    Don,t want it ? No problem I have a Curve8530 that does all you need. We can arrange a direct swop anytime you want. In fact I have two 8530's I can do a swop one get one free deal for you.
    03-22-13 02:44 PM
    I just got my z10 2 days ago, I've been an iPhone user since 2008 been awhile since I move to a non-iPhone phone and yet I know how to do a simple task of deleting a mail in my Z10. Tsk Tsk Tsk. I don't know if the OP is just stupid enough or just trolling. People this days, too many whiners.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 02:49 PM
    Why don't you file your emails and become more organized. Honestly, it's better not have have that option. Also, I'm not sure other non blackberry phones have that either

Posted from my Z10
    What does file your emails have to do with a delete function?

Get with the times. Why would someone even store emails on a cellphone? Lose your cell phone and loose your emails. Have them hosted and then sync. Both ActiveSync and IMAP setups work great on the Z10. And when you upgrade your phone, no hassle.

Even with my Dev Alpha and using pop, I was able to download copies of my email, leave them on the server, use my home computer to do the same. Then I could delete the emails on the phone. But a cloud email service is ideal. I can't believe some people though, I want 16 cores and 33MP camera on my cell phone, but don't take away my pop email. LOL
    He is not storing emails, he is deleting. On BBOS devices you either delete on handheld or delete on handheld and server.
    I am assuming based off the OP's post that if you hit delete on a BB10 device that it deletes everywhere including the server. Is that true?
    03-22-13 02:51 PM
    The only time you would have a "Delete on handheld" option would be if the emails were not synchronizing. ActiveSync and IMAP synchronize emails. POP on the other hand is a fetch type system. The client checks for new emails and downloads a copy of it from the server. That's when you have an option with deleting that it gets deleted on both the client and the server or just the client and leave a copy on the server.

BIS email works similar. BIS didn't synchronize, messages were delivered to the device, like preemptive POP email. That's why you had the option to delete on handheld or server. Actually BES is the same idea just with more synchronization-like features to make it seem like it would synchronize.

Anyhow, if you're using ActiveSync or IMAP, you'll never get the option to delete on handheld.
    03-22-13 02:54 PM
    I love seeing you guys rant...

anyways...

samsung S4..... ENUFF' SAID!
    sotgl3000 likes this.
    03-22-13 03:46 PM
    I love seeing you guys rant...

anyways...

samsung S4..... ENUFF' SAID!

I was gonna tell them off for being insulting, and ask someone to help you, but you have done it now... you just said curse words. LOL. You are on your own!

*flees*
    03-22-13 04:05 PM
86 123 ...