The point is that adding new colours later can prolong the sales of that device and in the long run we all benefit from the userbase of bb10 continuing to grow as much as possible and not simply on the launch of a new model.
    Maybe for the iPhone I guess, where offering it 'in white' was like finding a new book of the bible.

But in six months time there aren't going to be people who are suddenly swayed because the Z10 comes in blue now. And like I said... Offering other colours later on seems like a really big **** you to anyone who has been waiting a long time for BB10. Imagine Heins walks out on stage next week. The presentation is awesome, everything is perfect. Then right at the end he says: 'Oh an by the way if you want a white one you'll have to wait another few months. Because we figure if you've waited this long then an extra eight weeks shouldn't be a big deal to you'.

If people genuinely are colour fickle then why not launch a rainbow array of devices at launch like the Lumia did? Quietly launching other colours later won't make headlines and most people will never even know they existed because they have an idea of what a device looks like. Y'know... I've never actually seen a white BB outside of carrier shops, certainly never seen someone use one. I bought an aftermarket white body for my Bold that I could put on it sometimes. The response I got was 'Wow, you have a white one?'. Then I explained I didn't really.

Aside from anything else, didn't the Note 2 and SIII launch various colours when they came out ? I don't think new colours is a thing they do anymore, the colours are just there from launch. It makes people feel like they are getting more choice.
    01-22-13 12:57 AM
    I'm taking the white one! It looks bigger and stylish ! Ofcourse i know it is just as big as the black one.
    01-22-13 01:05 AM
    The issue with launching a lot of colours from the outset is that they simply cannot be sure of the demand for bb10 handsets or for a particular colour so launching with more than just black and white would be asking for trouble.

If we assume that the next all-touch device is going to be more along the lines of a 5" display then conceivably they would want to continue to sell the z10 alongside the larger model.
    01-22-13 01:06 AM
    I would kill for a black and green BB z10.... /drool.
    Creaulx likes this.
    01-22-13 08:52 AM
    Crackberry Orange...or Chicago Bears Orange, maybe w/navy blue highlights? Or vice versa, the blue w/orange, that would prolly pop! Heck, I just want the BB10 already! Black, White, Gun-Metal, pink, purple...whatevs!
    Justin Couto and rottonj like this.
    01-22-13 03:24 PM
    Crackberry Orange...or Chicago Bears Orange, maybe w/navy blue highlights? Or vice versa, the blue w/orange, that would prolly pop! Heck, I just want the BB10 already! Black, White, Gun-Metal, pink, purple...whatevs!
    One in Bears colours would be no good, it would be great for the first half of your contract and then fall apart.
    revtech likes this.
    01-22-13 05:12 PM
    Silver and black!
    Justin Couto likes this.
    01-22-13 05:44 PM
    Really would like to see a nice crimson red with black text and logo like stated before, but silver and black is starting to look good
    In my head. But the white device also looks great the more I see it! GO CHECK OUT MY OTHER POST TO PRE-ORDER Z10...
    At a heavy price though
    01-22-13 05:51 PM
    **** yea. Make mine orange too.
    01-23-13 07:47 AM
    I say let us choose the colour and pay a little bit extra for it.
    rottonj, Justin Couto and Mel25 like this.
    01-23-13 10:31 AM
    I say let us choose the colour and pay a little bit extra for it.
    I would go for that
    01-23-13 10:41 AM
    Did anyone come to the realization that yellow is the only colour that BlackBerry devices haven't been released with?

And wasn't the mystery colour only for the BlackBerry 10 Limited Edition device?
    yellow is also a colour that goes well with black, so having the black screen/yellow bezel would still look OK
    01-23-13 03:48 PM
    I'm convinced its going to be red especially with that being the only alternate color in the OEM accessories you can now preorder at shop.crackberry
    01-24-13 08:36 AM
    was that not a fan made render the first image? mind you I do prefer that look.
    01-24-13 11:21 PM
    I believe this may answer the questions. Recall this early leaked photo in 2011??

First RIM BBX smartphone gets leaked- The Inquirer
    01-24-13 11:37 PM
    How about a dark black or a light white? LOL
    01-25-13 08:09 AM
116 ... 345