Is it true that BlackBerry z10 has mother board problem?
    In India when I went to the service centre, they told most of BlackBerry z10 pieces are having this kind of problem.
    Reason they told me was that the phones which are imported from other countries only had such kind of problem.
    Since most of these phones don't cover warranty, we should loose hopes on this phone or we should roam around the service centres.
    I want to know whether the people from other countries are also facing the same problem??(My phone is an imported one, MADE IN MEXICO 6
    FOR CANADA. It was printed like that on the box)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Himanagendra Janjanam; 12-07-14 at 04:17 PM.
    12-07-14 02:39 PM
    What's the problem? In general the Z10 is a very durable phone. Replacement parts should be just as good, if OEM and replaced properly.
    12-07-14 03:22 PM
    Does yours have one? Or are you throwing a general statement!

I'm confused.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 03:28 PM
    Just enquiring about it.
    I love my BlackBerry z10 very much.
    But due to this issue I'm confused whether to change from BlackBerry......
    But I can't Get any substitute for this.
    I like the swipeup,cam, 10.3 os.
    Lot of reasons not to leave BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 03:38 PM
    Are you just taking someone's word there's an issue? I don't understand? You have one, and you're using it currently?
    12-07-14 03:42 PM
    What EXACTLY Is the problem with the device? , why do you think it's a motherboard problem?
    I'm confused?

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.2.1.3062
    12-07-14 03:44 PM
    There is no problem with my device.
    I visited BlackBerry centre when my friend got touch problem with his z10, I just asked them the defects in z10, they told me that most of z10's had mother board problem.
    So, I would to like to know whether this problem is faced in other countries or not.
    Just to be on the safe side, I'm asking this.
    I'm getting negative response here, soo I thought that this crackberry may help me in deciding. BlackBerry z10 cost is about $230, It's mother board is about $100-$150 in my Country. So, if I sold it now, I can buy at least z3 or any other BlackBerry. That's it......

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 04:00 PM
    Not sure the majority of issues with Z10's are board related. Possibly the ones BlackBerry receive are, but what percentage of all Z10's sold might that be? I can only guess, but I bet it's incredibly low.

Use and enjoy it! If you sell it and get a much more cheaply made Z3, you're only increasing the chance of having an issue.
    12-07-14 04:12 PM
    I got shocked when the service centre guy told me 20 out of 30 z10's had such issue.
    BlackBerry is a world top class mobile phone in my view. So,i would like to know what make the motherboard damaged. Since prevention is better than cure, I would like to hear some suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 04:22 PM
    Sorry, but I have to call on his assertion. No way 2/3rds of all Z10's have board failure. I'm typing on one that I've used extremely hard for the better part of two years right now. This forum would be full of threads about failure, were his claim true. He either was drunk, or needs a drink. That's wonky!

Only suggestion I can make on preventing board failure... Don't drop it in the toilet.
    12-07-14 04:29 PM
    My Z10 is going on 20 months of use. I am super hard on phones. The only problem I am seeing is flakes USB port with non-BlackBerry USB cables. The BlackBerry OEM cables still work great.
    12-07-14 04:34 PM
    Lollll. I dropped my z10 thrice on extreme hard surface. I had 2/3 scratches.but it's still the best

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 04:36 PM
    Lollll. I dropped my z10 thrice on extreme hard surface. I had 2/3 scratches.but it's still the best

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 04:37 PM
    Check the thread called: Z10 lifespan

My Z10/Z30 photography channel
    12-07-14 04:40 PM
    Excellent pics

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 04:48 PM
    Checked Google and other forums, and found no complaints about Z10 motherboard issues other than some people complaining it's a little difficult to replace the motherboard. I think that your pretty safe with your Z10. If there was some issue it must of been a few units, A problem like this would of been pretty obvious ( 2 out of every three Z10's) by the number of posts that would of resulted. I think your odds of finding a bad mother board are pretty slim to say the least.
    12-07-14 06:26 PM
    Never heard of this issue. I've only heard of the cpu chip overheating due to bad application of heat sink paste

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 06:33 PM
    Checked Google and other forums, and found no complaints about Z10 motherboard issues other than some people complaining it's a little difficult to replace the motherboard. I think that your pretty safe with your Z10. If there was some issue it must of been a few units, A problem like this would of been pretty obvious ( 2 out of every three Z10's) by the number of posts that would of resulted. I think your odds of finding a bad mother board are pretty slim to say the least.
    It literally takes 5 minutes to replace the motherboard, are those people idiots or what?

Look it up in the forums, many people have had certain issues. I finally have experienced the issue myself, my microphone died randomly. Everything else works though.
    12-07-14 08:58 PM
    I got shocked when the service centre guy told me 20 out of 30 z10's had such issue.
    Relax and think. I've heard you're good in math in India.
    20 out of 30 manufactured or send to them for repairs? Do you understand the difference?

2 defective phones of 1000 represent 0.2% failure rate. Correct?
    1 with defective motherboard of the 2 defective represents 50% motherboard failure rate. Correct?

About 95% of all electronic components on Z10 (and all other phones) are located on one single board. All dead phones with intact screen, connectors, buttons, camera, battery, antennas, etc. (i.e. no physical damage) have motherboard issue. No matter who's the manufacturer and what model is the device. Correct?
    12-07-14 09:04 PM
    The only thing I've heard is when data transfer doesn't work or your computer doesn't recognize the z10. I had that same exact problem and started three threads for help with no luck.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 09:22 PM
    Is it true that BlackBerry z10 has mother board problem?
    In India when I went to the service centre, they told most of BlackBerry z10 pieces are having this kind of problem.
    Reason they told me was that the phones which are imported from other countries only had such kind of problem.
    Since most of these phones don't cover warranty, we should loose hopes on this phone or we should roam around the service centres.
    I want to know whether the people from other countries are also facing the same problem??(My phone is an imported one, MADE IN MEXICO 6
    FOR CANADA. It was printed like that on the box)

Posted via CB10
    Yeah the first batch which was sold on flipkart and other retailers during offer period, priced 17990
    Rs all these phones were imported, and made in maxico,
    I to had received a defective pice, they took two months to replace the phone, and the new phone which I received is also defective,
    In my city "the mobile store " had sold around 150 pieces, and after an month all the customer were facing problems, hence "the mobile store " replaced all the phone.
    So
    "Conclusions "
    Z10 WHICH WERE SOLD DURING THE OFFER PERIOD WERE MOST OF THEM DEFECTIVE.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Aditya Purohit; 12-07-14 at 09:45 PM.
    12-07-14 09:24 PM
    I bought it in the month of August. Can you tell me that offer period ??

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 10:28 PM
    I bought it in the month of August. Can you tell me that offer period ??

Posted via CB10
    It was blackberry's 10 th anniversary, it was about 60 days offer,
    Till April end

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 10:43 PM
    I had two Z10. One for my wife almost 20 months old and a new one 16 months old that my brother is using.

So?
    12-08-14 01:55 AM
    My z10 has a hardware issue, unsure if it's a 'motherboard' issue though.. an I'm not the only one
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 12-08-14 at 05:29 AM. Reason: removed junk link
    12-08-14 04:56 AM
36 12