I usually give people the benefit of the doubt, but I can't believe any 7 year old that wasn't severely mentally handicapped or a future serial killer would do this kind of thing. I also can't believe you'd be so nonchalant about it. Nor do I believe BB would simply replace it for you, because you can't use your Z10 or Z30 for development.
    12-11-13 09:46 PM
    An ex girlfriend of mine did something similar - except she was a crafty *****. She nuked my SIM card in the microwave - no sign of the destruction caused but completely stuffed the card. Only confessed to it several years later.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    12-11-13 09:53 PM
    Should've been an iPhone
    12-11-13 10:16 PM
    feel sad for you
    12-12-13 07:01 AM
    What do you know, pttptppt is blowing smoke out of his *** again. Pictures? Nah didn't think so.
    12-12-13 07:02 AM
    I usually give people the benefit of the doubt, but I can't believe any 7 year old that wasn't severely mentally handicapped or a future serial killer would do this kind of thing. I also can't believe you'd be so nonchalant about it. Nor do I believe BB would simply replace it for you, because you can't use your Z10 or Z30 for development.
    They don't know I have one

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 08:01 AM
    So the little mf did not put his own toys In microwave bud decided to fry your phone.
    Don't think he likes you very much.

Posted via CB10
    There is not enough information in the ops post to say conclusively the boy has not put his own toys in. maybe not on that particular occasion, but maybe he put the phone in as his toys were all fried.

I'm sorry , you didnt pass the aptitude test
    12-12-13 08:17 AM
    Maybe he knew that even he could replace the z10 with his own pocket money should the phone become damaged. Maybe it was just an experiment. no harm done.
    12-12-13 08:19 AM
    Don't blame the parents. I have four kids. Three are good, one is bad; it is all about how those chromosomes line up.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-12-13 08:42 AM
    I don't want to start an argument but it's not like I purposely let him destroy it. I was using it, showed it off a bit, let friend use it, he put it down as I said I'm going to the washroom, I come back and almost faint

Posted via CB10
    Aha!! Dr Phil moment there. Kid jealous of parents giving attention to you and your phone. Hence kill two bird with one stone. Nurse Rachet lock the kid up!!!
    FF22 and 00stryder like this.
    12-12-13 08:48 AM
    Lol.. so many requests of pics and OP avoiding that requests and answers different questions..

I'd like to see myself how a smartphone looks like after microwaved.. never seen one before.

Posted via Awesome Aristo on CB10
    12-12-13 09:01 AM
    Seeing as how microwaves work by exciting the water to boil, thus transferring the heat to whatever is around it (go ahead, experiment with some dried rice) it really shouldn't "melt"... it should, however kill the electronics in the phone (microwaves... electromagnetic waves highly concentrated)

Yeah, I'd like to see the end result too... I wish I had that old microwave still sitting around, I've got a few old phones sitting around to see what they would do... as someone else mentioned, I think it's the beginnings of a new you tube sensation... will it nuke?
    00stryder likes this.
    12-12-13 09:09 AM
    A young Dexter in the making......

c
    12-12-13 09:11 AM
    lol, CB is becoming a daily soap opera. Man you guys are a tough crowd. OP uhh, ya sorry for your loss.
    12-12-13 09:41 AM
    Seeing as how microwaves work by exciting the water to boil, thus transferring the heat to whatever is around it (go ahead, experiment with some dried rice) it really shouldn't "melt"... it should, however kill the electronics in the phone (microwaves... electromagnetic waves highly concentrated)

Yeah, I'd like to see the end result too... I wish I had that old microwave still sitting around, I've got a few old phones sitting around to see what they would do... as someone else mentioned, I think it's the beginnings of a new you tube sensation... will it nuke?
    It doesn't melt but the back sort of melts and hardens.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 09:41 AM
    7 years old is old enough to know they aren't supposed to do that if the parents have done their job. I see a housefire in their future. Sorry about your phone though and I hope the parents reimburse you.
    jimoates014 likes this.
    12-12-13 10:03 AM
    Are parents the kids of someone? so therefore there are no bad parents
    Would have to disagree with that, parents are adults now and even if they were raised wrong the human brain should know when your own kid needs to get up close and personal with the paddle

OP: I'm not an expert but the battery in the microwave sounds like a disaster waiting to happen in your friends house...I hope that they realize this can get ugly

I flick! Do you?
    12-12-13 10:34 AM
    Parents with destructive kids should never leave them unattended. They need to be watched!
    ^^^^THIS^^^^ if my kids are having an off day or are tired, I _NEVER_ leave them alone with other people's stuff.. I don't want to have to get mad at them for something they should know better than to do. I love my kids, I hate getting mad at them or raising my voice to them but when done properly at strategic times, it really minimizes the number of times you have to do it and then everyone's happier in the long run.

Why is it that people are more mindfull of what their new puppy is doing than what their kids are doing?
    12-12-13 01:00 PM
    Don't blame the parents. I have four kids. Three are good, one is bad; it is all about how those chromosomes line up.
    3 out of 4 aint bad..? ;p

if you don't mind me prying, is the '4th' either the oldest or youngest?
    12-12-13 01:05 PM
    Lol.. so many requests of pics and OP avoiding that requests and answers different questions..

I'd like to see myself how a smartphone looks like after microwaved.. never seen one before.

Kind of cuts both ways, no..? If it was your cell that got nuked, would you have something close at hand to take pictures with..?
    On the other hand, if it's my phone that got fried I'm grabbing my wife's phone or my friend's phone/camera and snapping some pics.. (bit of a nerd too so I might take it home and take a few shots of sorting through the wreckage but that's just me..)
    12-12-13 01:08 PM
    There's no reason why the parents should reimburse anyone. If you think that then please leave all of your valuables at home when you come to my house because - full disclosure - there are multiple hazards at my house. A power surge could fry your notebook computer. A chair could collapse, causing you to fall on your **** and break your phone. One of my pipes could burst or my dog could pee and soak your Porsche design phone and I wouldn't feel any obligation to replace it.

I have noticed that people who walk around with their phone or keys in their hands are always losing their keys and their phones always look like crap. The only reason I put my phone down when I'm not at home is if I'm streaming something or talking on bluetooth and I don't like that warm radiating transmitter against my body. Otherwise, I don't let it out of my sight.
    12-12-13 01:13 PM
    Pics or it didn't happen

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 01:16 PM
    There's no reason why the parents should reimburse anyone. If you think that then please leave all of your valuables at home when you come to my house because - full disclosure - there are multiple hazards at my house. A power surge could fry your notebook computer. A chair could collapse, causing you to fall on your **** and break your phone. One of my pipes could burst or my dog could pee and soak your Porsche design phone and I wouldn't feel any obligation to replace it.

I have noticed that people who walk around with their phone or keys in their hands are always losing their keys and their phones always look like crap. The only reason I put my phone down when I'm not at home is if I'm streaming something or talking on bluetooth and I don't like that warm radiating transmitter against my body. Otherwise, I don't let it out of my sight.
    Are you really suggesting that a kid putting a phone in a microwave is in any way shape or form similar to a power surge frying a laptop? You take the risk of a power surge or broken pipe/chair/whatever at your own house, let alone at someone elses house. Similarly, if my phone is in a position that it would even be possible for your dog to pee on it, that's either my bad or you need to train your dog to not walk (and pee I might add) on the tables.

If the child is older than 4 or 5 then you have every expectation that leaving your phone on the table will not result in it being fried in the microwave by a kid. As a parent myself, I make sure that my kids cannot access things like the microwave without my assistance and I make damn sure that friends/family know if/when they are being silly and likely to act before thinking. Regardless of their disposition, if my child picks your phone up from the table and fries it in the microwave/dumps it in the toilet, whatever then I'm on the hook to replace/repair it which means that my kids will not be getting their allowance until the debt has been cleared.

When my children decided to be helpful and clean at a friends house because the had left their windex out in the basement where the kids were all playing, I went down and cleaned up the mess they made and assured my friends that any damages to any furniture or electronics would be fully compensated and had a rather lengthy (for 4 and 5) conversation on the way home about not touching cleaning products or things in general that do not belong to them. Should our friends have left cleaning products out and then told the kids to go play in the basement..? No, of course they shouldn't have (regardless of whether their son would play with them or not) but that doesn not change the fact that my children did something they weren't supposed to do.
    kevinnugent and 00stryder like this.
    12-12-13 03:02 PM
    Pics or it didn't happen.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 03:05 PM
    Kind of cuts both ways, no..? If it was your cell that got nuked, would you have something close at hand to take pictures with..?
    On the other hand, if it's my phone that got fried I'm grabbing my wife's phone or my friend's phone/camera and snapping some pics.. (bit of a nerd too so I might take it home and take a few shots of sorting through the wreckage but that's just me..)
    Lol..
    I'm not doubting his story.. but as he mentioned, he also is using a Z30 as his other phone. Plus he mentioned family members with BlackBerry on hand.
    Would love to see how it melted in the wave instead of short circuiting the device.

paper_monkey likes this.
    12-12-13 05:51 PM
107 12345