HI All,

Blackberry Maps App has been a bit of a disappointed to me, while trying to navigate me through London i nearly ended up on the channel tunnel heading to France !!!!

anyone recommend a more reliable map app,

displays multiply routes rather than the one BB maps does and also has traffic view !!

Thanks
    BBMak likes this.
    02-28-13 01:24 PM
    You can use your web browser to launch maps.google.com. It has pinch-to-zoom and traffic functionality. You can also choose to put a link on your homescreen for easy access. It doesn't have voice navigation though.
    jfunds likes this.
    02-28-13 01:28 PM
    m.here.com

Has pinch-to-zoom, voice guided navigation (set directions to "walking"), offline map caching
    jfunds likes this.
    02-28-13 01:34 PM
    HI All,

Blackberry Maps App has been a bit of a disappointed to me, while trying to navigate me through London i nearly ended up on the channel tunnel heading to France !!!!

displays multiply routes rather than the one BB maps does and also has traffic view !!

Thanks
    You could also try http//m.here.com. It is an amazing web app.

Posted via CB10
    jfunds likes this.
    02-28-13 01:37 PM
    Sideload Google Maps from Android. Look online for a BAR or APK (and convert it). It works great. I'm hoping Google is working on a native app though, that would be sweet.
    02-28-13 01:39 PM
    Click on Blackberry world. In search type maps you wiill get 1407 choices, and choose the one that is best for you. Magellan Compass Maps works great for me. Read the reviews to choose the right one .
    Last edited by Wilsonia Goldens; 02-28-13 at 02:47 PM. Reason: typo
    02-28-13 01:52 PM
    nokia maps works great in the browser. not sure the address. Maybe maps.nokia.com
    02-28-13 01:54 PM
    HI All,

Thanks
    That's not good. I hope BlackBerry doesn't repeat what happened with Apple's map.
    02-28-13 01:57 PM
    I soooo wish one of the main players, Garmin or Tom Tom would do the same sort of app I've used on other devices.

I've used TomTom on Windows Mobile device and it worked well, my fave though was a copy Garmin XTMobile I had on my symbian devices, it was great... and that was even though my Nokias had Nokia Maps which is a fantastic app, primarily because you can download the mapping data to the device. I personally think that pulling down the data as you travel is a flawed stupid idea, that relies on there being a consistent data stream.

It's so much better to have the date on your memory card
    02-28-13 02:04 PM
    I have the same issue with the map, however i replaced it with another accurate and detailed app called Wisepilot

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-28-13 03:14 PM