In Hub press and hold to select an item. Option icons will open on right of screen. Lift finger off screen and while item is still selected and icons on right are still showing touch the screen again and swipe left to expand icons to show written name of the icons.

Without lifting your finger off the screen you will close the hub as usual.
    .pinkberry, ErnieH and RECOOL like this.
    06-20-13 01:18 AM
    When using the keyboard you can use a one finger swipe down on the keyboard itself to access the symbols.

Posted via CB10
    I love this feature!! I just discovered it a few weeks ago.

Posted via CB10
    david42545 likes this.
    06-20-13 01:52 AM
    I just discovered one - when setting an alarm instead of "clicking" the time at the bottom you can use the dot next to the clock to change the time. I've found this usual and faster than using the scroll wheel.

Posted via CB10
    Awesome, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 04:35 AM
    Six pages and nobody has mentioned the one I find most BB10 users don't know.... If you want to select a word hold down the word for 1 second. Two seconds for the sentence and three seconds for the paragraph. I use this one all the time. Now if you could "drag" the selection to a new spot in the text box, it would be ideal but cut & paste from the side menu works pretty well too.
    06-20-13 05:58 AM
    U can unlock by placing your right thumb on the top right of the screen (near the camera) and press the unlock button and it will unlock your device.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for this tip! How in the world that you find it?
    06-21-13 09:13 PM
    Swipe down again the same way, for the second page of symbols. Or just press the button. LoL

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 or my Z10, either way it's golden.
    06-21-13 11:58 PM
    Thanks for this tip! How in the world that you find it?
    Doesn't work for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 12:49 AM
    Six pages and nobody has mentioned the one I find most BB10 users don't know.... If you want to select a word hold down the word for 1 second. Two seconds for the sentence and three seconds for the paragraph. I use this one all the time. Now if you could "drag" the selection to a new spot in the text box, it would be ideal but cut & paste from the side menu works pretty well too.
    Probably because it's buggy. When I select a word in a text message I receive, it selects it and shows the side menu. I continue holding the word and the menu stays and nothing happens.

Posted via CB10
    sanjk1 likes this.
    06-22-13 12:50 AM
    Probably because it's buggy. When I select a word in a text message I receive, it selects it and shows the side menu. I continue holding the word and the menu stays and nothing happens.

Posted via CB10
    I think it only works in email.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 07:04 PM
    Just found out.

If you've got your headphones in and press the button on your mouthpiece when you've not got your music running, the music player loads automatically. Pretty neat, try it!

Posted via CB10
    pttptppt, imcurved, ryanza and 2 others like this.
    06-23-13 05:55 PM
    Not really a "secret", but do any other phones have the Reader button to reformat small website text to make it larger and easier to read? I love it and it isn't something I've noticed on other phones.
    06-24-13 01:06 PM
    iOS has it.

Posted via CB10 on my sweet a** Z10
    06-24-13 01:34 PM
    Great stuff. People need to read this once in awhile so they refresh and learn all the tips and tricks

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 01:20 PM
    You can install a custom gestures app. BlackBerry App World has it and it's free.

Posted via CB10
    What's it called?

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 01:53 PM
    One amazing feature of Skype on Z10.

I was on a Skype call with wifi and saw there was an incoming call over the mobile network. Picked up that call and found to my surprise that the two calls had been merged and the three participants were able to speak to and hear each other very clearly.

Wonder if it works in reverse, that's whether I can initiate a call on the mobile network and tie in a call on Skype.

Wow. It opens some new business potential. Wonder if this was a planned feature. Hope it stays as my Android Skype doesn't do this. And wonder if Viber will also get the same treatment on the Z10 when they get here. Can anyone confirm this please.

Anyways just wanted to say thanks to BlackBerry for this amazing feature. Takes Skype to a new level.

On Stl 100-1, 2354 with Skype 3.2.439.50 Vodafone Germany

Also posted in the Skype on Z10 thtead

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    B Pretto likes this.
    06-26-13 02:27 PM
    I feel so stupid, didn't figure this out until weeks after using this phone! In the swipe down menu at the top with Setting, Bluetooth and Alarm touching the icon versus the text gets two different responses!

The icons will toggle on and off the alarm, Bluetooth, wi-fi, audible notifications and rotation. Touching the text on the menu "Alarm, Bluetooth, Wi-fi and Notifications" will take you right into the setting option screens.

I feel like such an *****, been touching the text since I got the phone, going right into the setting screens just to toggle Bluetooth, Wi-fi, and to silence Notifications.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 09:34 PM
    Wow fist time i've seen a word sensor on Crackberry, guess I can't call myself an *****.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 09:35 PM
    Can't find the thread for this but this one works..

For multiple lines in a text message engage caps lock (hold the shift key for a second or so until the blue bar appears below the arrow) then tap send: it will insert a carriage return. Tap caps lock again to return to normal capitalization (including proper capitalization on the new line).

Found this by accident using 4543 so I don't know how far back this goes in the builds. I don't use BBM but I would assume it works there

--- Verizon Z10 (STL100-4), OS 10.1.0.4543, Radio 10.1.0.4544
    endevour likes this.
    07-14-13 07:16 PM
    Can't find the thread for this but this one works..

For multiple lines in a text message engage caps lock (hold the shift key for a second or so until the blue bar appears below the arrow) then tap send: it will insert a carriage return. Tap caps lock again to return to normal capitalization (including proper capitalization on the new line).

Found this by accident using 4543 so I don't know how far back this goes in the builds. I don't use BBM but I would assume it works there

--- Verizon Z10 (STL100-4), OS 10.1.0.4543, Radio 10.1.0.4544
    I don't get it

Marketing is everything
    k3cub likes this.
    07-14-13 07:34 PM
    I feel so stupid, didn't figure this out until weeks after using this phone! In the swipe down menu at the top with Setting, Bluetooth and Alarm touching the icon versus the text gets two different responses!

The icons will toggle on and off the alarm, Bluetooth, wi-fi, audible notifications and rotation. Touching the text on the menu "Alarm, Bluetooth, Wi-fi and Notifications" will take you right into the setting option screens.

I feel like such an *****, been touching the text since I got the phone, going right into the setting screens just to toggle Bluetooth, Wi-fi, and to silence Notifications.

Posted via CB10
    Lol I didn't know! Thanks

Z10
    07-14-13 07:40 PM
    Swiping on the keyboard up from the space bar and back down Really quick is a fast way to dismiss the keyboard.

Also I have better luck pressing the left side of certain buttons, like period, so I don't accidentally press return.

Posted via CB10
    Nathan Bael and Robin Lim like this.
    07-14-13 08:02 PM
    I don't get it

Marketing is everything
    What part don't you get? O.o

Btw just finally picked up a Q10 and this trick doesn't seem to work, at least on the stock OS :/

Verizon Q10 (SQN100-2), 10.1.0.2038 (stock), r10.1.0.2039
    07-14-13 08:59 PM
    What part don't you get? O.o

Btw just finally picked up a Q10 and this trick doesn't seem to work, at least on the stock OS :/

On the Q10 it's the Alt key.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    tranquilo likes this.
    07-14-13 09:41 PM
    On the Q10 it's the Alt key.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Just picked up the Q today and that doesn't seem to want to work for me. At least not on the pre-installed OS. Which are you running?

07-14-13 10:28 PM
    If you are on any screen of icons you can flick up from the bottom and it will send you to your active frames screen.

Posted via CB10
    Cool. Thanks

Posted via crackberry with AT&T Z10
    dee. likes this.
    07-14-13 10:35 PM
220 ... 45678 ...