Good or bad?...

The BlackBerry Z10 is free through Verizon and 49 cents through AT&T, with the usual two-year contract. But will buyers bite at a free or cheap BlackBerry?

Psst, hey buddy, want a free BlackBerry? | Mobile - CNET News
    11-22-13 12:08 PM
    That would have been good for me, if I had waited! But I paid 600 for mine off contract...
    Let's hope some people will try it for free.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-22-13 12:37 PM
    I bought mine off contract to preserve my unlimited data plan w/ vz.
    You can't beat a free z10 if you're flexible with respect to data plans.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 12:57 PM
    Yes they definitely should for a great device it is. But I'm wondering why the Q10 hasn't dropped in price. It came out in July and I believe it is still $199 with a 2 year contract on Verizon and AT&T.

Posted Via CB10 From My AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    11-22-13 01:04 PM
    I bought mine off contract to preserve my unlimited data plan w/ vz.
    You can't beat a free z10 if you're flexible with respect to data plans.

Posted via CB10
    I did the same $299 and I keep my unlimited data wkth verizon.
    11-22-13 04:37 PM
    Good or bad?...

The BlackBerry Z10 is free through Verizon and 49 cents through AT&T, with the usual two-year contract. But will buyers bite at a free or cheap BlackBerry?

Psst, hey buddy, want a free BlackBerry? | Mobile - CNET News
    Thanks for posting this when you did. I had a Z10, I got it in April from AT&T when I broke the screen on my 9860 the night before I had to fly out for a trip. Thankfully the store was open and I got the Z10. I then had it stolen in Barcelona a couple of months later. I fixed the 9860 but have missed the Z10. I kept looking for ways to get one at a decent price since I couldn't upgrade.

I now qualify for the early upgrade with AT&T, which is $250+the price of the phone which when I called last week was a total of $349 since they were selling the Z10 for $99. I called today, on my birthday I might add, and was ready to buy. I mentioned the fact the online price is now 49 cents and asked if the price would be any better as a result. He gave me the phone for $250. His supervisor got involved and when they were unable to override the $349 price, they asked if I would accept a $100 credit to my account and pay $349 today. I said that was fine, but said I would lose a bit on tax but wasn't worried about it. He added the credit to my account and added $12 to help pay the tax and a small amount on the upgrade fee. He had already said he would ship it with priority shipping since I needed it before my next trip which is Wednesday. I asked how much for shipping and he said he wasn't charging me for the priority shipping, but it is usually $15.

The guy bent over backwards today and gave me incredible service. I didn't even have to fight for anything, he just did it. I saved $100 so thanks, I might have missed it had I not seen this post earlier.
    11-22-13 07:05 PM
    Thanks for posting this when you did. I had a Z10, I got it in April from AT&T when I broke the screen on my 9860 the night before I had to fly out for a trip. Thankfully the store was open and I got the Z10. I then had it stolen in Barcelona a couple of months later. I fixed the 9860 but have missed the Z10. I kept looking for ways to get one at a decent price since I couldn't upgrade.

I now qualify for the early upgrade with AT&T, which is $250+the price of the phone which when I called last week was a total of $349 since they were selling the Z10 for $99. I called today, on my birthday I might add, and was ready to buy. I mentioned the fact the online price is now 49 cents and asked if the price would be any better as a result. He gave me the phone for $250. His supervisor got involved and when they were unable to override the $349 price, they asked if I would accept a $100 credit to my account and pay $349 today. I said that was fine, but said I would lose a bit on tax but wasn't worried about it. He added the credit to my account and added $12 to help pay the tax and a small amount on the upgrade fee. He had already said he would ship it with priority shipping since I needed it before my next trip which is Wednesday. I asked how much for shipping and he said he wasn't charging me for the priority shipping, but it is usually $15.

The guy bent over backwards today and gave me incredible service. I didn't even have to fight for anything, he just did it. I saved $100 so thanks, I might have missed it had I not seen this post earlier.
    Well I'm glad I could help someone save a bit of cash. I got my Z10 the first day it was available in the US and still love. It's my favorite BlackBerry out of all that I've owned over the years. I hope these deals gets more of them out in the hands of people. Mine is the only one that I've seen out in the wild since they launched. ALL of coworkers have iPhones are so brainwashed with them. But I don't like the fact that they almost have to give them away in order to do it. Guess that's the Good and Bad of it...
    11-23-13 08:59 AM
    Well I'm glad I could help someone save a bit of cash. I got my Z10 the first day it was available in the US and still love. It's my favorite BlackBerry out of all that I've owned over the years. I hope these deals gets more of them out in the hands of people. Mine is the only one that I've seen out in the wild since they launched. ALL of coworkers have iPhones are so brainwashed with them. But I don't like the fact that they almost have to give them away in order to do it. Guess that's the Good and Bad of it...
    I agree, it is a great phone. I am happy to be getting one again. I was so disappointed when it got stolen. I did see a lot of other phones on sale cheap on AT&T's site so it isn't just Blackberry. I do hope it gets more of them into people's hands though. The more the merrier.
    11-23-13 01:38 PM