I'm seeing a lot of errors when opening radio streaming sites. It says that the flash player is outdated. Can we update flash or is there any workaround with this?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 09:21 PM
    I'm seeing a lot of errors when opening radio streaming sites. It says that the flash player is outdated. Can we update flash or is there any workaround with this?

Posted via CB10
    Just been discussed in another thread.
    Adobe stopped developing Flash for Mobile at versino 11.1 so that's the end of the road...
    08-16-14 10:01 PM
    Someone should smack Adobe in the head! LOL!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 10:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't be surprised if they went under or Google buys them. It's looking pretty bad for that company. I think they closed down in Ottawa.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    08-16-14 10:41 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if they went under or Google buys them. It's looking pretty bad for that company. I think they closed down in Ottawa.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    They still own the professional windows os design market. Flash is vanishing and will continue to.

Posted via CrackBerry App - Samsung Galaxy S4
    08-17-14 12:29 AM
    They still own the professional windows os design market. Flash is vanishing and will continue to.

Yeah, their dominance with the various apps in Creative Cloud/Suite/Whatever is more than enough for them.

Posted via CB10
    Smack them in the head with a newspaper for Flash.

Smack them in the head with a claw hammer for AIR.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 01:29 AM
    My friend had the same issue. U will notice that if you access Internet through your mobile network and not wifi, the same message won't appear.. it's a bug that changes your Internet settings when on wifi... reset your network settings and it should work fine...

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 01:38 AM

I only hope that before Flash dies, HTML5 managed to not soil itself and provide the same functionality.

A Web video player alone does not warrant creating an entirely new HTML specification. I don't know why people champion HTML5 and advocate for the death of Flash, the thing is not just for watching video (this last paragraph is not directed to anyone in particular, just me thinking out loud)

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    08-17-14 01:44 AM
    This has nothing to do with the DEATH of Flash.... it's a bug and I have already suggested a way to correct it.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 12:04 PM
    I only hope that before Flash dies, HTML5 managed to not soil itself and provide the same functionality.

A Web video player alone does not warrant creating an entirely new HTML specification. I don't know why people champion HTML5 and advocate for the death of Flash, the thing is not just for watching video (this last paragraph is not directed to anyone in particular, just me thinking out loud)

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    It's true. For years I worked in flash as part of my design portfolio. It's great for desktop and animation capabilities are hard to beat. BUT we know that the world is becoming more and more mobile and in the absence of multi platform mobile flash support, it's not going to live. It's that simple.

08-18-14 07:42 PM
    It's true. For years I worked in flash as part of my design portfolio. It's great for desktop and animation capabilities are hard to beat. BUT we know that the world is becoming more and more mobile and in the absence of multi platform mobile flash support, it's not going to live. It's that simple.

Flash is a runtime, so mobile can easily use it, just as BlackBerry 10 uses it. The problem is Apple not using Flash, which means that Flash is stagnant in mobile department

HTML5, on the other hand, is only widely used for video playback. I haven't found a major improvement in HTML5 compared to its previous version that is worthy of all the hype around it.

Who knows, maybe someday Adobe will release Flash specification as free and incorporate it in HTML6 or whatever for ultimate animation capability.

Flash is a good platform for multimedia startups. I hope it doesn't die before a successor comes up (and no, nobody wants you AIR)

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    08-19-14 12:05 AM
    My friend had the same issue. U will notice that if you access Internet through your mobile network and not wifi, the same message won't appear.. it's a bug that changes your Internet settings when on wifi... reset your network settings and it should work fine...

Posted via CB10
    You're a genius for this. I've been trying to figure out forever why sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. Never made the connection to wifi. After reading your post, I closed the browser, shut off wifi, and tried again. Perfect!

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 09:04 PM