Hello everyone,

As I am a new one on the forum I would like to say that I am very happy to be between You.
    I bought z10 one month ago because i was bored with andorid devices and i wanted to start a new chapter in my life. Then I decided to buy z10 and I am actually happy with this decision in 85%. (now i am operating on 1925 leak)

Please read my findings and treat it as an advice for software developers:

1. Battery calibration - Since I have started my adventure with z10, my device is turning off when battery reach 20% level. But there is one 'but'. Yesterday it turned off at 25%. Hope it is not a sign of deterioration. Don't know if it is software or hardware issue. If software programmers should change it.

2. Battery life - it is some kind of remark. I downloaded and installed from BlckWorld program Battery Booster and till sunday (charge app) i was suprised that it really worked. I noticed battery life boosted about 100%. From 35h to 70. I dont know what kind of algorithm this app is using but is very efficient in its practices. I advice to focus on it and implement that solution in next leak.

3. Radio network availability. There I noticed two probles which happens sometimes:
    a) z10 is loosing network and can not find it again. Only restarting device helps to find network again
    b) data service is not working always despite the fact that network is available and the Capital letter pointing that module for internet connection is on. it result in notification displayed in browser "no internet connection". Only restarting device helps.

To sum up. Despite of above quoted faults i am really impressed with this phone. OS is amazing and brings fresh air in my feelings.

Alwaro
    01-08-14 07:34 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

I don't have the issues you mentioned in 1, 3a and 3b.

Can't comment on 2 as I haven't used it.
    01-08-14 07:46 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Some of your issues may be caused by the OS you are on. What is your OS version?

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    01-08-14 08:02 AM
    Thanks for your time.
    I found the following data in z10 info:
    -Software Release 10.2.1.537
    -OS Version 10.2.1.1925
    -Model number STL100-1
    01-08-14 08:56 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry. ENJOY your new Z10
    01-08-14 10:16 AM
    You are running a leaked OS. If you are having trouble with the radios, I would check in the forum where you got the leaked OS, there are probably some answers for you there. As for the device shutting down @25%, that may be something in your settings. Mine runs down past 10% and down to nearly zero before shutting things down.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 10:18 PM
    For the 20% battery issue, try the battery pull out with the original charger plugged in.
    It used to work a a resync tool for the battery.
    01-09-14 11:19 AM
    Thanks AVidal23 for Your response.

I will try this solution later after work. But i have a question. Is it healthy for the battery/phone?
    01-13-14 11:02 AM
    About the battery problem.
    I tried a lot version. Only one worked for me.
    Let the phone switch off, after the battery drained about 20 percent. Get out the battery. Wait one and a half hour. Plug the charger in, push the power button for two minutes. After it put the battery back. Let it charge. But do not forget to check the battery status. It must be about 3 percent. After it full charge, maybe it shows only 90 percent. Plug in and out the charger and after a while it shows 100 percent and you are done. It is my first english post. :-)
    01-13-14 12:02 PM
    Z10 slt-100 have this problem in battery level, happened once for me, and that because u load a new software and ur battery was in a low level, as a leak software sure ull face some problems, wait till officail release, to re calibrate ur battery u need to take off the battery for an hour ,try to connect ur battery to something external like voltmeter for example then put it again and charge ur phone as normal till 100% using OEM charger, gd luck enjoy ur z10

Using BB Z10
    01-13-14 12:04 PM
    Thanks for your time.
    I found the following data in z10 info:
    -Software Release 10.2.1.537
    -OS Version 10.2.1.1925
    -Model number STL100-1
    Depending when the OS was loaded, there is a thread for a better radio, the 10.2.1.1926. Download that radio file to your computer, unzip it. Plug your phone into the computer via usb and then double click the autoloader file you unzipped. This will load the better radio file on your phone. Do not worry, this is non-destructive. The only thing it replaces is the old radio file, no need to do a backup and restore. Hope that helps your radio problem.

One other thing, make sure you download the right radio for your model of Z10.
    01-13-14 12:31 PM
    You bought a new phone to start a new chapter in your life?

lol

-Chris-
    01-13-14 04:36 PM
    You are running a leaked OS. If you are having trouble with the radios, I would check in the forum where you got the leaked OS, there are probably some answers for you there. As for the device shutting down @25%, that may be something in your settings. Mine runs down past 10% and down to nearly zero before shutting things down.

Posted via CB10
    It may not be a leak.......

Regards David

Digicel Jamaica Official10.2.1.1925 release
    01-13-14 05:11 PM
    You bought a new phone to start a new chapter in your life?

You can be happy even with small changes in your life. It is defined by your happiness definition. Everyone has different approach to this matter. I am always happy with new things in my life.
    01-15-14 04:13 AM
    hmm.. i hope there will be new leak soon with fixed radio. actually i do not have time to look for that file, but really thanks for Your response!

Depending when the OS was loaded, there is a thread for a better radio, the 10.2.1.1926. Download that radio file to your computer, unzip it. Plug your phone into the computer via usb and then double click the autoloader file you unzipped. This will load the better radio file on your phone. Do not worry, this is non-destructive. The only thing it replaces is the old radio file, no need to do a backup and restore. Hope that helps your radio problem.

One other thing, make sure you download the right radio for your model of Z10.
    01-15-14 04:15 AM
    It may not be a leak.......

Regards David

Digicel Jamaica Official10.2.1.1925 release
    The poster has stated he/ she is running a leak....

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 10:54 PM