With my new Z10 phone on the Verizon network, I am unable to upload and post pictures in Facebook. I have tried to write a status update and include a picture, and also have tried to upload to an album; but neither works on my Facebook app/Z10.

What is perplexing is that it acts like all went well. I type some text, I find the picture, it shows the picture in the status update and I hit the "post" button. It then shows a status part that goes 95% of the way and then closes the status items like it worked. Then when I look at my news feed or personal status list, it is "not" there....

Is this a known issue, do I have a setting that would prevent this from working or just not an option on the Z10/Facebook application?

Thanks in advance,

TT
    05-01-13 11:27 AM
    Have you given the app permission to access your files and camera? You need to do this in order to be able to post pictures from your phone.

JB
    05-01-13 12:03 PM
    Yes, I believe so. I have went into System Settings -> Security and Privacy -> Application Permissions -> Facebook and confirmed that Shared Files is turned to "ON".

Is there anything else to check?
    05-01-13 12:11 PM
    It also needs to have permission to access your camera, so make sure that's checked as well.

If those are all set to on, then try rebooting your phone. If that doesn't work, try logging out and logging back in. What OS are you running?

JB
    05-01-13 12:29 PM
    Where is the camera permission settings? (btw, trying to access pictures that were previously taken, not posting a real time snapshot.) But with that said, the pictures may reside in the same directory...

I also store the pictures on the memory card, not internal memory.

OS is 10.1.1429.....

I have turned off the phone multiple times, but I will try logging out of Facebook and back in.

Other ideas? Thanks btw!!!
    05-01-13 12:39 PM
    Where is the camera permission settings? (btw, trying to access pictures that were previously taken, not posting a real time snapshot.) But with that said, the pictures may reside in the same directory...

I also store the pictures on the memory card, not internal memory.

OS is 10.1.1429.....

I have turned off the phone multiple times, but I will try logging out of Facebook and back in.

Other ideas? Thanks btw!!!
    I also store my picture on the memory card and share them on Facebook basically daily. Maybe try to reinstall Facebook

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 12:41 PM
    Deleted the Facebook program, restarted the device, downloaded Facebook in the Blackberry World and now I get a "Error installing Application " message. Where do I find reasons why this failed? Hmmmm.

btw, I also tried to install through the wifi and this did not work as well.
    05-01-13 02:31 PM
    I found the issue. As it turns out, I couldn't post "anything" from the Z10 to Facebook. I struggled to find the issue through the Z10 settings and did not check Facebook through a PC. Well, this morning I logged into Facebook from a PC and found that I had a notification waiting for me that "your Facebook account has been accessed from a mobile device blah, blah; is this OK?" So I said Yes, it is OK. An hour later I could then post to Facebook through the Z10.

Sorry folks, had nothing to do with the device, but everything to do with the fact that I "never" log into Facebook through a PC; only through my mobile device.

All is good now......
    MiSsY_ likes this.
    05-06-13 12:15 PM