Unfortunately, I am unable to turn the device on. However, I have got a lot of contacts, files and photos in the system. These are extremely important for me to be retrieved. Any help on how to retrieve or copy them will really be appreciated
    06-17-15 02:20 AM
    Get some Desiccant and put it in a sealed bag with the desiccant. Cross fingers and pray for 2-3 days.

Read up on drying out a wet phone. There are many things people say, usually putting it in rice, but someone did a test and that is not the best.

You should always backup your phone and put pictures on an SD card and/or backup to the cloud. Also having a cloud based email account also keeps your contacts and calendar backed up to the cloud account.
    06-17-15 03:55 AM
    Get your hands on some almost pure methanol or ethanol (forgot which, gf is chemist, we fixed her phone this way after she dropped it in water) . If u can get it 100% pure it will work for sure.
    Problem with putting a wet phone in rice is, that it doesn't actually solve the underlying problem.
    Phones dropped in water stop working because there is a lot of impurity in water, and after it dries out those impurities disrupt electrical current. However if you submerge the phone in ethanol, it will completely push out any water particle and after, the alcohol will simply evaporate leaving your phone as new.
    Seen it work myself, both with gf phone dropped in water and friends phone dropped in beer don't ask how...

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 05:24 AM
    When your phone gets severely wet and suffers water damage, the last thing you want to attempt is to turn it on. It'll only make things worse.

The only thing you should try now is to put it in a ziploc bag with rice, and wait about two or more days for it to dry up.

Posted via  Z30 STA100-2 | 10.3.2.2204
    06-17-15 09:43 AM
    Get the battery out and use something like "CRC QD Electronic Cleaner". Similar to what "uvampelj" suggested.
    06-17-15 10:54 AM