Had to contribute my 2 cents. Enjoy the poll for what it is. But "dethrones Samsung?", you can't be serious?

Purchased a Note 2 on Dec 6 2012. Purchased my next Note 2 a couple of days later, gave to site supervisor. Purchased two Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablets today at Staples, one for me and one for the same site supervisor.

The only numbers that matter are sales and profit. Period.

We have tried to sell two Playbooks to friends and acquaintances, we are accepting best offers. Imagine our surprise when we got zero offers, nobody wants them. Period.

I really hope BlackBerry does well as market competition makes for a healthier marketplace and leaner healthier vendors but the facts and numbers speak volumes.
    02-19-13 03:18 PM
    The only numbers that matter are sales and profit. Period.

Agree. So do you eat every meal at mcdonalds? or do you skip one or two sometimes?

Such as sad, sheepish thinking.

Enjoy your note2, if only because a lot of people bought it and samsung as a company is doing well. So sad.
    02-19-13 05:26 PM
    I find it amusing that some of you think that it's only BlackBerry fans that 'stuff the ballot box'. There are a Lot more Apple and Android users out there than BlackBerry users.

And are BlackBerry users not allowed to vote?

Posted via CB10
    TeaBoy likes this.
    02-19-13 07:08 PM
    I find it amusing that some of you think that it's only BlackBerry fans that 'stuff the ballot box'. There are a Lot more Apple and Android users out there than BlackBerry users.

And are BlackBerry users not allowed to vote?

Posted via CB10
    I think you just made the argument LOL.
    02-19-13 07:21 PM
    The note has sold over 10 million units and is not even the flagship Samsung model. Posts like this relying on non scientific data, particularly very biased data from one source are embarrassing. Posts like this are the reason other blogs make fun of the users here
    I find it amusing how you continually dismiss anything pro BlackBerry as unscientific. If you dislike BlackBerry so much why do you even bother to post on a BlackBerry fan site?

Oh and here's another BlackBerry article for you:

http://www.thegadgetmasters.com/2013...satisfaction/#
    bigbbrybeliever and buwee like this.
    02-19-13 07:25 PM
    I think you just made the argument LOL.
    I knew someone would totally miss the point.
    02-19-13 07:34 PM
    I knew someone would totally miss the point.
    *bows*

Lighten up, though. It was a joke... I'm sure you can see it.
    02-19-13 08:22 PM
    I find it amusing how you continually dismiss anything pro BlackBerry as unscientific. If you dislike BlackBerry so much why do you even bother to post on a BlackBerry fan site?
    The Crackberry forum subtitle is "The #1 Forum Community for All Things BlackBerry"
    It's for Blackberry USERS. Nowhere does it say it's purely a 'fan site'. Or all opinions must express worship for Blackberry.

The 'you must post only positive things about Blackberry in Crackberry' line of thought is pretty inane and i wish you guys would stop it.
    02-20-13 12:05 AM
    My $30 BIS plan with unlimited data works just fine with my Z10 in the U.S.
    US isn't the world. I used the word 'most likely' for a reason...I don't live in the US.
    It's already been confirmed here anyway that you'll need a data bundle to use the Z10 in South Africa, for example.
    02-20-13 12:11 AM

Oh and here's another BlackBerry article for you:

BlackBerry Z10 is Crushing iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy SIII and Note II in Customer Satisfaction | The Gadget Masters
    you just proved my point thank you. a scientific article wouldn't be pro anything, it would be simply fact. i just pointed out the bias, you seem to think bias is scientific? how silly. just a pro tip: customer satisfaction ratings have a long long sordid history of being nonsense. there are only a few that are respectable, and they're annual. they aren't reported on 2 weeks after a device has been released because these numbers always trend downward until the steady off, they always start extremely high then level. so what you're to have me believe is people who have had a phone for 2 weeks, and are early adopters, meaning, they knew exactly what they were getting and probably waited years for it, are happier with people who have purchased the same brand of phone, possibly even the same model for 5+ years? do you know how ridiculous that sounds?
    02-20-13 12:21 AM
    So a site ranks phones by having fans vote for their favorite phone. Makes sense. The phone with the largest or most active following will rise to the top. It's a popularity contest. You win by virtue of being popular.

So how are the results artificial because Z10 fans voted for the phone? Seems to me that's exactly how it's supposed to work.

"You rigged the vote by telling people about it!" seems a strange objection. Well, trolls will be trolls...
    JR A likes this.
    02-20-13 12:59 AM
    BB10 on top? Crappy poll.

Samsung on top? good poll.

Its so bizarre how upset people get by anything positive about BB, but the most bizarre thing is we are on a BB site.

Good BB news here to some is like pouring salt on a slug.
    I think you're missing the point of the responses. I was excited by this headline and clicked expecting something dealing with sales, user reviews, gadget site ratings, etc. I was disappointed. All this says is that BB fans are better at rallying together to skew a poll. It shows community support for the Z10, but not much more than that. I was looking forward to seeing something concrete, as I'm sure others were. They're just voicing their disappointment, not being negative nellies. Once we see something put out that shows that care was taken to eliminate as much bias as possible, and that the results come from actual statistics, THEN we'll have a reason to celebrate, and I'm sure we will when that time comes!
    02-20-13 07:59 AM
    Bah, any of the fans can skew the poll. I'm sure bb isn't the only people who told friends to vote. But yep, it doesn't mean crapola
    02-20-13 08:05 AM
    So a site ranks phones by having fans vote for their favorite phone. Makes sense. The phone with the largest or most active following will rise to the top. It's a popularity contest. You win by virtue of being popular.

So how are the results artificial because Z10 fans voted for the phone? Seems to me that's exactly how it's supposed to work.

"You rigged the vote by telling people about it!" seems a strange objection. Well, trolls will be trolls...
    Then why doesn't the poll market itself as a popularity contest instead of:

"For 50 weeks and counting, PhoneDog Media's Official Smartphone Rankings™ (OSR) has become the gold standard for ranking the market's greatest smartphones by placing votes from readers and experts alike in respective charts each week"

If it branded itself as a popularity contest, then there wouldn't be such a big stink about it. Because more votes = the most popular. But when they market it as ranking the greatest smartphones, I think in terms of customer satisfaction, sales, etc.
    02-20-13 08:14 AM
    Looking at the experts ratings:

Only 6 experts rated the Z10.
    3 of the 6 rated the Z10 higher then the NoteII.
    3 of them put it in the #3 spot while 1 put in it 4th spot and 2 put it in 5th.

Not bad in my opinion.
    02-20-13 11:05 AM

here's how.
    the call to vote was placed in the general section of the forum. not the z10.
    phonedog is basically unknown in the uk.
    we already know a lot of crackberry users are quite fanatic.
    so how many people here actually voted for the z10 because they owned it and how many voted simply because it was blackberry and they wasnted to see it top?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-20-13 11:30 AM
    Looking at the experts ratings:

Only 6 experts rated the Z10.
    3 of the 6 rated the Z10 higher then the NoteII.
    3 of them put it in the #3 spot while 1 put in it 4th spot and 2 put it in 5th.

Not bad in my opinion.
    I wouldn't put any more stock into these expert opinions any more than I would the public poll results.
    Those experts ranked the iPhone 5 No.2 and the iPhone 4S No.10. Is there really that big of a difference between the two latest Apple offerings. I don't think so and I have used them both. We have them in our home

I wonder where these experts would have ranked the iPhone 4S if there wasn't an iPhone 5. Bet you it would have been way higher than 10th spot.
    02-20-13 11:31 AM
    P
    I wouldn't put any more stock into these expert opinions any more than I would the public poll results.
    Those experts ranked the iPhone 5 No.2 and the iPhone 4S No.10. Is there really that big of a difference between the two latest Apple offerings. I don't think so and I have used them both. We have them in our home

I wonder where these experts would have ranked the iPhone 4S if there wasn't an iPhone 5. Bet you it would have been way higher than 10th spot.
    I thought the difference between the IP5 and 4S was a bit strange.
    I was just trying to extrapolate something useful from the site.
    02-20-13 11:39 AM
    P

I thought the difference between the IP5 and 4S was a bit strange.
    I was just trying to extrapolate something useful from the site.
    This is a huge task in itself.
    Chaddface likes this.
    02-20-13 11:41 AM
    here's how.
    the call to vote was placed in the general section of the forum. not the z10.
    phonedog is basically unknown in the uk.
    we already know a lot of crackberry users are quite fanatic.
    so how many people here actually voted for the z10 because they owned it and how many voted simply because it was blackberry and they wasnted to see it top?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    How many fans of other phones did the exact same thing? Are you saying only bb fans would do it?
    Chaddface likes this.
    02-20-13 11:47 AM
    I think you're missing the point of the responses. I was excited by this headline and clicked expecting something dealing with sales, user reviews, gadget site ratings, etc. I was disappointed. All this says is that BB fans are better at rallying together to skew a poll. It shows community support for the Z10, but not much more than that. I was looking forward to seeing something concrete, as I'm sure others were. They're just voicing their disappointment, not being negative nellies. Once we see something put out that shows that care was taken to eliminate as much bias as possible, and that the results come from actual statistics, THEN we'll have a reason to celebrate, and I'm sure we will when that time comes!
    I think your missing the pattern. Same non-bb users who go at lengths to down-play anything pro-BB. You are one of them so I am not surprised. You can re-read my post. It makes complete sense.

IF this pole ranked Samsung on top youd be all giddy about it.
    02-20-13 11:52 AM
    I think your missing the pattern. Same non-bb users who go at lengths to down-play anything pro-BB. You are one of them so I am not surprised. You can re-read my post. It makes complete sense.

IF this pole ranked Samsung on top youd be all giddy about it.
    I downplay anything pro-BB? Now I know you must have problems with reading comprehension. I want to see BB win, but I want to see them FAIRLY. It's easy to downplay this because it doesn't really mean anything. I want to see things that CAN'T BE DISPUTED. Sales figures. Rate of returns (say for every 20 Z10s that are sold, only one is returned whereas for ever 20 Note2s 3 are returned, etc). Something CONVINCING that shows that BBRY is climbing their way back, and not just because the BBRY faithful have stacked the deck in polls where you can recruit and vote multiple times. Is it important for BBRY fans to be excited and enthusiastic right now? Absolutely. If they're not, the perception that "Well, not even those fanboys want the new phones, so why should we?" would spread like wildfire. But taking enthusiasm (especially from those that don't even own the device yet) and spinning it into actual findings doesn't do BBRY much good.

ETA: Have you ever once seen me post anything about being giddy about Samsung being on top of anything? I'm not a Sammy or Android fangirl. In fact my favor has always been toward HTC devices because I love the Sense overlay. Are you sure you're not projecting the feelings/actions of a typical Sammy/Android user onto me?
    02-20-13 12:04 PM
    LOL. Wow.

If some see it as a moral victory, good. I think we all can agree BBRY won't be adding this "win" to its investing prospectus.
    02-20-13 12:19 PM
    You want this article then:

BlackBerry Z10 is Crushing iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy SIII and Note II in Customer Satisfaction | The Gadget Masters
    02-20-13 12:48 PM
    02-20-13 12:54 PM
102 12345