Well not sure many of you Advanced Blackberry users have noticed the major OS flaws of the BB10/Z10 Device.

Known issue - Transferring from an older Blackberry to the Z10 - Calendar is lost in translation!
    (The calendar entries, both past and future are not able to be restored onto the new device - for Non Enterprise/Activesync users)
    Most of us live by our calendars - surprised BB is not stepping up with a quick fix - how are we supposed to be organized after a swap to a new device?

Productivity and Personlization - many flaws!

Do you realize that the the Z10 only takes photo's in one size (maximum)

You can't send photo attachments in emails other than Full size (what happened to the re-size function)?

You ringer tones are All or nothing (no volume control)

Your Profile settings are extremely limited

No instant email and BIS (for non enterprise users) this is now a thing of the past with Blackberry 10
    Most of you non enterprise email clients that have been used to receiving emails instantly but are now limited to 15 minute intervals.

These are just a few issues that blackberry needs to rethink, otherwise the blackberry is headed in the direction of every other crappy smart phone
    02-13-13 11:09 AM
    You realize they didnt break it, they built a new one...

...*sigh*
    MattUK, brout, Abrante and 11 others like this.
    02-13-13 11:15 AM
    Well not sure many of you Advanced Blackberry users have noticed the major OS flaws of the BB10/Z10 Device.

Known issue - Transferring from an older Blackberry to the Z10 - Calendar is lost in translation!
    (The calendar entries, both past and future are not able to be restored onto the new device - for Non Enterprise/Activesync users)
    Most of us live by our calendars - surprised BB is not stepping up with a quick fix - how are we supposed to be organized after a swap to a new device?

You can't send photo attachments in emails other than Full size (what happened to the re-size function)?

No instant email and BIS (for non enterprise users) this is now a thing of the past with Blackberry 10
    Most of you non enterprise email clients that have been used to receiving emails instantly but are now limited to 15 minute intervals.

These are just a few issues that blackberry needs to rethink, otherwise the blackberry is headed in the direction of every other crappy smart phone
    Not sure whether all your issues are valid for all people.
    - I do get instant email using Activesync (and this is push service).
    - As for the photo issue, I'm not sure it's as much of an issue to everyone else. And besides, there should be apps that allow you to resize the pics.

The reality for BB is that they need to be headed where the other smart phones are if they want to attract new users.

P.S. There are a ton of threads about this issue - you should have utilized one of those rather than create a new one. You will probably be flamed shortly by the BB zealots!
    02-13-13 11:20 AM
    This phone is quite amazing, technically (hardware) and OS ( vs 5,6, and 7.1).

That being said - I'm finding it very difficult to transition from my 9900 to the Z10. I feel as though I'm not as productive. I can write one sentence or two on the Z10 fairly easily, but I can't write an entire business-type email using it (at least not yet).

I edit my emails carefully before sending to a client or even an associate, but editing an email is difficult without a track pad. Finding the position to go to is near impossible. It may be because I've been using a keyboard blackberry for the last 7 years, so I may have to hold off comments until the Q10 comes out, but I truly understand where you are coming from from a business perspective.

The screen seems to need constant cleaning, where as my 9900 didn't' rely on the screen to navigate.

I think this is more of a keyboard-to-touch transition problem on my end than the actual phone itself - but I also think the HUB needs a bit of refinement. I can't even mass delete emails, there's no "hold to select" feature - you have to select individually (at least I haven't found it yet), where I could select batches of emails and delete them all in a second or 2 on my 9900.

Granted, I can now Play Angry birds. :S
    Zirak likes this.
    02-13-13 11:23 AM
  5. ieatblackberriesforbreakfast's Avatar
    Man, the more I read in these forums, the more I want to hold off on getting the Z10 until a software update is released.
    BB10Ded and Abrante like this.
    02-13-13 11:26 AM
    This is why it is called a first generation phone.... expect bugs... or do not buy....
    02-13-13 11:29 AM
    This phone is quite amazing, technically (hardware) and OS ( vs 5,6, and 7.1).

That being said - I'm finding it very difficult to transition from my 9900 to the Z10. I feel as though I'm not as productive. I can write one sentence or two on the Z10 fairly easily, but I can't write an entire business-type email using it (at least not yet).

I edit my emails carefully before sending to a client or even an associate, but editing an email is difficult without a track pad. Finding the position to go to is near impossible. It may be because I've been using a keyboard blackberry for the last 7 years, so I may have to hold off comments until the Q10 comes out, but I truly understand where you are coming from from a business perspective.

The screen seems to need constant cleaning, where as my 9900 didn't' rely on the screen to navigate.

I think this is more of a keyboard-to-touch transition problem on my end than the actual phone itself - but I also think the HUB needs a bit of refinement. I can't even mass delete emails, there's no "hold to select" feature - you have to select individually (at least I haven't found it yet), where I could select batches of emails and delete them all in a second or 2 on my 9900.

Granted, I can now Play Angry birds. :S
    Click and hold down on one email,select "select more" button and delete as many messages as you want
    Zirak likes this.
    02-13-13 11:30 AM
    I found that the screen on my Z10 stays so clean, i was just telling my friends that. The iphone i had before this was always dirty.
    jarrodmeyer likes this.
    02-13-13 11:32 AM
    We all need to remember that the opinions of people need to be taken with a grain of salt. I barely take into consideration much of what anyone says, not to mention when it comes to spending a ton of money on something (phones (I bought mine off-contract), computers, cars...). As much as people want to give themselves credit for having an incredible sense of what's good and bad, pretty much 100% of the time it's based on failed logic or something.

So, kiddies... To each their own. But YOU be the judge. Take advantage of a carrier trial, or use a Z10 that your friend or co-worker owns (even though I'm on Z10 ownership day 8 and I'm STILL learning new things).
    02-13-13 11:34 AM

BlackBerry will add the much needed oil in the next OS update
    02-13-13 11:35 AM

Well for one i never had push email enabled on any of my previous phones, why cause its a battery drain, so i wlays chose to manually check my email.

Rintones, well thats simple just download a nice 320 file and loud one and boom your all done, umm now it has to be in .mp3 format i am using the ghost rider ringtone i created from the ghost rider sound track of the song and wow its freaking loud i been using it since my iphone 4, look in my signature as i just sold my galaxy s3 in which i used this same ringtone its loud. i mean loud so i only have to use about half way of the volume to hear the damn thing 100 feet away np's.

Now once you chosen a ringtone you like, just copy and drag it to the ringtone folder in android folder you will see the ringtone folder, then under browse tones/music find the ringtone folder and boom you all set to go...... yeeeeee hawwww... so simple for the NON-Novice user.

Oh and make sure its a .mp3 file.

Well as for taking photos in one size well gee how many ppl take a small photo these days as a small photo is Ugly Pixelated garbage, BY the way My cannon 10 mega pixel camera is way freaking better then any damn phone out there.

Profile settings what you want the entire store and front too, **** it has tons of features, you just have to learn to swipe and look for them all.

I always just re-enter my calender appointments so no worries there about any loss of appointments, but yes thats a known issue of the sync operation right now and i am sure it will be fixed asap, but for now just enter manually what new appointments you have..... simple right?

Anyways enough of reading ppls eyeball tear threads.. bye for now.
    02-13-13 11:45 AM
    That's correct it may be an easy transition for active-sync users. But not all of us use active-sync.

How blackberry can allow this much time to elapse without a fix for the calendar is beyond me.
    When they playbook was out they had fixes in hours/days.

Not to mention they had all this time with the delay of the OS to work the bugs out.
    Why leave functionality out - for systems that worked
    Was on the phone with Blackberry RIM tech-support for 3 hours last night - they know about the issue, and were trying to provide a work around, which also failed! FYi

And the comment about users not requiring to resize photo's for an email - it's a requirement when you run a business that needs to send multiple product photos in the emails
    02-13-13 11:55 AM
    And the comment about users not requiring to resize photo's for an email - it's a requirement when you run a business that needs to send multiple product photos in the emails
    Well take the photos off the phohe resize them on a PC then send it out for now till a fix is out.
    02-13-13 12:35 PM
    This is what happened if a car entertainment software company (QNX) is asked to develop a software for smartphone
    02-13-13 12:42 PM
    Too many rants about the Z10 and BB10, why can't the mods/admins just merge this into one thread "Rant thread". Forum is so cluttered already, iPhone/Android users who wants to switch back to BB will just be discouraged because all they read here are rants.
    02-13-13 12:44 PM
    Sorry to see you are so disappointed! I hope you find the OS updates that will bring you peace. Thanks for beta testing!
    02-13-13 12:50 PM
    I'm an iPhone user and coming from a 9930 was a bit of a learning curve but to say a phone or os fails because of a lack of a keyboard is a bit too much it does take a little more practice and yea you might have to zoom in and select a word to edit. Calendar wise I normally keep it with my gmail account you should be able to download it from your computer not sure if google syncs it with blackberry yet
    02-13-13 12:53 PM
    Well take the photos off the phohe resize them on a PC then send it out for now till a fix is out.
    Why don't you use the Photo X app to do the resize on the BB? It costs a buck, but should save you a few cycles.
    02-13-13 12:53 PM
    This is what happened if a car entertainment software company (QNX) is asked to develop a software for smartphone
    Really??? I'm not sure you know much about QNX then. QNX is primarily a RTOS company. They've been making OS's for embedded devices for years - car entertainment has come much later!
    vespajet likes this.
    02-13-13 12:57 PM
    wow what a title. none of these are major flaws to me and as others have stated have work arounds that aren't too cumbersome.
    02-13-13 01:08 PM
    I don't think there is an issue with the Z10. I think its a user issue. All of you are stuck in your old ways and refuse to learn new things. Granted there are some things that aren't included in BB10, but most things are there, you just need to learn a new way of doing it.

I'm starting to get a little annoyed by these threads saying things can't be done, when they clearly can be. Everyone needs to get out of the legacy way of thinking and come into modern technology.
    ctuffy, brout and geoffsdad like this.
    02-13-13 01:12 PM
    I switched from an os 6 BlackBerry to the new z10. I love it. Sure it has flaws, and not many apps but I frankly don't care right now.

With respect to calendars, I used my BlackBerry to keep me up to date. I couldn't just have my calendar on my phone. I needed it to sync with Gmail. With an installed app it was easy to do on os 6, my calendar entries went from BlackBerry to Gmail ans vise versa, so switching wasn't an issue for me as active sync does the same thing without the need of an extra app.

I actually prefer to email things in full, but I agree that the option should still be there. However, most people dont care, and most people will be happier without a bis plan. It's not not an issue. If it is, just use the built in box/dropbox file manager and upload the document to a shared folder... easy!

I'm not sure if you've tried the z10 but my emails come in just as fast if not faster than with bis... just like with my PlayBook, I cannot notice any difference. I synced my emails with Microsoft eas or whatever... it works great... you should try it out.

Overall, im loving the z10. Keyboard is amazing, and faster than typing with real keys because the predictions are faster at correcting me than I would be

There is a lack of apps at the moment, but I have faith that the best ones will he coming. But if they aren't it still doesn't take away from the great experience im having!

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 01:18 PM
    I find uploading to DropBox or something like that then emailing a link works just fine for our company plus our customers don't get crappy images then lol (that looks bad for us)
    DPSydBerry likes this.
    02-13-13 01:20 PM
    BlackBerry will add the much needed oil in the next OS update
    Any ideas when it's coming out?
    02-13-13 01:26 PM
    Why don't you use the Photo X app to do the resize on the BB? It costs a buck, but should save you a few cycles.
    The resize function is built-in in BB7. I use this function a lot. It should come with the BB10. Hopefully, BlackBerry will include it in their next update. I understand it's small but quite useful and convenient. I don't think one should install another app (either free or paid) just to have it.
    On the other hand, the BB10 comes with a slew of cool picture editing features. So it's give and take issue. I welcome the additional features and will be patiently waiting for the existing features in BB7 to port over to BB10.
    02-13-13 01:31 PM
77 123 ...