Hi Everyone!
    Iv had my Z10 for about 4 months now everything seems to work perfectly but recently the phone has developed a serious fault. After i upgraded to OS 10.1, The battery life indicator has been acting weird. Fiest, it shut down at 20 percent and after that it kept shutting down at 40 percent and 30-35 percent randomly. When i connect it to a charger it takes a while to start up again and the battery life again shows the same as it was when it shut down(30-40 percent). Looking around in the forum seems a lot of people are having this problem after the update. How t fix this? i love my z10 and it would be a shame to get rid of it just cos of this isuue. HELP!
    08-03-13 10:14 AM
    I'd reload the OS and see if it helps.
    08-03-13 10:26 AM
    Your description hints that the problem appeared suddenly after the software upgrade, suggesting there may be a bug in the interpretation and display of battery data. In other words, when the battery approaches 0% (true) the phone still displays about 20-30%. The other possible cause would be a battery failure bt it would be an unlikely coincidence if this occurred at exactly the time you updated software.

The implication of false display is that your phone should work normally if you make allowance for the misleading indication of remaining battery. One obvious clue would be to consider typical run time (now) against run time (before upgrade). If it hasn't changed significantly that would support my suspicion that the indicator is wrong and there is no fault in the phone's hardware.

There are two things you could try to resolve the problem without scrapping the phone,
    (a) test with another battery
    (b) test a different OS build. I don't know where you are in the world, or which version of hardware you have, but see our Leaks and Beta forum if you want more details on options. I strongly recommend a jump to 10.1.0.4687 which I found gives much better battery life than earlier versions, so maybe they fixed some bugs in the 46xx builds.
    08-03-13 10:35 AM
    This is known issue, what I did was:
    1. While charging pull ur battery and let ur phone turn off, then put the battery back, On ur phone (some users reported that this method work for them, me not)
    2. Drain ur battery till ur phone turn off by itself, then pull out battery, simcard and memory card for about an hour, then put everything back and charge ur phone. ON ur phone and check the battery percentage. I did this 2 times but my battery still haywire, it full charged at 89% and at 0% I can play YouTube for half an hour lol. Some users also reported that this method work for them.
    3. Charge ur battery till full, no matter how many percentage it show, then reload ur OS via BlackBerry link, this method work for me, it full charge to 100% again sometime full charge at 96%/98%. I never test phone dead at what % but 30% left battery still survive.
    4. Swap battery with other Z10. Most users find this method work but the problem of battery incation seem to happen again sometimes.

You can try all methods above. These methods have been shared by crackberry users but forgot their names. Credit goes to them.

Good luck.

Side note : remember to charge ur battery till full before u do any software update.

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    08-03-13 11:03 AM
    This is known issue, what I did was:
    1. While charging pull ur battery and let ur phone turn off, then put the battery back, On ur phone (some users reported that this method work for them, me not)
    2. Drain ur battery till ur phone turn off by itself, then pull out battery, simcard and memory card for about an hour, then put everything back and charge ur phone. ON ur phone and check the battery percentage. I did this 2 times but my battery still haywire, it full charged at 89% and at 0% I can play YouTube for half an hour lol. Some users also reported that this method work for them.
    3. Charge ur battery till full, no matter how many percentage it show, then reload ur OS via BlackBerry link, this method work for me, it full charge to 100% again sometime full charge at 96%/98%. I never test phone dead at what % but 30% left battery still survive.
    4. Swap battery with other Z10. Most users find this method work but the problem of battery incation seem to happen again sometimes.

You can try all methods above. These methods have been shared by crackberry users but forgot their names. Credit goes to them.

Good luck.

Side note : remember to charge ur battery till full before u do any software update.

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    My god. It's problems and lengthy fixes like this that prevent people from buying Blackberries.
    08-03-13 11:15 AM