I currently have a leap and I love it. I know the battery life isn't great on the Z10 but I really like the form factor. Anyone currently still using the Z10 and how do you find the battery life? Leap will be my daily driver want this phone to switch things up here and there.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-17 04:19 PM
    If it work for you...why not. Would I recommend it??? No! It's a 4 year old device.
    10-01-17 04:26 PM
    The Z10 is basically a Leap in a smaller package, plus HDMI-out, and NFC. Although it has far fewer LTE bands and will require a charge in the afternoon.

Personally, I wouldn't pay more than $50 even if I wanted another one.

Just make sure it's not the STL100-1 variant!
    10-01-17 04:56 PM
    I still use a z10. Love it, but the battery sucks (maybe I need to get a new battery). Recently, I am perceiving the browser seems like it might be slowing down (the Web is changing?), but maybe that's just my crappy WiFi or cellular, or maybe my imagination. I am actually now thinking about something else, like maybe a used z30 or Leap or a Priv/DTEK.
    10-01-17 07:26 PM
    I currently have a leap and I love it. I know the battery life isn't great on the Z10 but I really like the form factor. Anyone currently still using the Z10 and how do you find the battery life? Leap will be my daily driver want this phone to switch things up here and there.

Posted via CB10
    Its not great, I try to keep the radios off when I can. Airplane mode helps, will receive notifications but no files.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-17 08:15 PM
    I still use a z10. Love it, but the battery sucks (maybe I need to get a new battery). Recently, I am perceiving the browser seems like it might be slowing down (the Web is changing?), but maybe that's just my crappy WiFi or cellular, or maybe my imagination. I am actually now thinking about something else, like maybe a used z30 or Leap or a Priv/DTEK.
    Get the Leap..best BlackBerry I've owned and I've owned the torch..9900...classic..passport..and priv

Posted via CB10
    10-01-17 08:47 PM
    I think it’s your imagination
    10-01-17 09:00 PM
    I think it’s your imagination
    Could be. Sometimes I over imaginate. Hope all is treating you well.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    MB64 likes this.
    10-01-17 09:13 PM
    I got through the day on my Z10 almost every dayn although battery life wasn't great. Battery is swappable though, so you can always carry a spare battery. Was my daily driver and work phone for 4 years. Great phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-17 10:33 PM
    I got through the day on my Z10 almost every dayn although battery life wasn't great. Battery is swappable though, so you can always carry a spare battery. Was my daily driver and work phone for 4 years. Great phone.

Posted via CB10
    No way I want to carry around a extra battery. The leap has amazing battery power I have 0 interest in getting the Z10 when the battery is so weak don't know what BlackBerry was thinking when they put such a weak battery in a good looking phone..such a shame

Posted via CB10
    10-01-17 11:29 PM
    No way I want to carry around a extra battery. The leap has amazing battery power I have 0 interest in getting the Z10 when the battery is so weak don't know what BlackBerry was thinking when they put such a weak battery in a good looking phone..such a shame

Posted via CB10
    At the time (Feb 2013), a 1800mAh battery was pretty good. The iPhone 5 (available at the same time) had a 1440mAh battery.

It's just that BB10 isn't very battery-friendly.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-01-17 11:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well to be clear, I have used my z10 as my daily driver for 4 years and made it through the day without carrying an extra battery. I just mentioned the swappable battery as an option if one was concerned with battery life. My son has had his z10 for 3 years on two different cellular networks, and I don't hear any battery complaints either.

The battery ain't that good, certainly not as good as the Leap. but mine was better than what some have posted. While the z10 battery was the worst of the blackberry phones, it was still better than my girlfriend's Samsung Galaxy s3.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-17 07:41 AM
    Still use it as a daily driver. Need to stay close to.power, buy the charger combo. And turn off radios for longer life when needed.

Love the form factor, screen and audio quality.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    10-02-17 10:19 AM
    I found that putting down the brightness and turning off wifi and Bluetooth if I wasn't goi g ton use those helped. A few times I even manually engaged power saving mode. Little tricks and such (although it sucks that these are actually required) allows me to get through the day, although to be honest I am not a heavy user, and lately it's like a switch was flipped and even with tricks I can barely get through the day.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    10-02-17 05:46 PM
    For me I think it was really the inability to turn off LTE, when hunting for a signal the phone would get warm.

If I was near a good solid LTE signal, battery would last a good eight hours.

If buying the Z10... buy a few spare batteries and the charger, they are all pretty cheap now.
    10-03-17 02:21 PM
    For me I think it was really the inability to turn off LTE, when hunting for a signal the phone would get warm.

If I was near a good solid LTE signal, battery would last a good eight hours.

If buying the Z10... buy a few spare batteries and the charger, they are all pretty cheap now.
    Agree. When my Z10 is hunting for LTE, WiFi, or Bluetooth, it heats up, and the battery life is dramatically impacted. I have all the radios on quick settings and toggle them as needed.

10-03-17 05:29 PM
    Agree. When my Z10 is hunting for LTE, WiFi, or Bluetooth, it heats up, and the battery life is dramatically impacted. I have all the radios on quick settings and toggle them as needed.

Key would be for the OP not to buy a US Carrier phone... as those didn't allow for LTE to be turned off.
    10-04-17 08:18 AM