I had to post this positive feedback because I was just blown away by the improvements made to Blackberry World/App World!

Having had a Blackberry since late 2007, and gotten used to the horrible interface and functionality of App World, the performance on the Z10 is phenomenal!

Previously, on BB7 and below, if there was an update for an app, even though there was the option to 'update all', I always put off the upgrades because it generally left my phone unusable for 10+ minutes while it downloaded and installed them. Yes, on the 9900 (forget the Storm etc) you could minimize App World while they were updating, but you would constantly have the hourglass/spinny clock popping up and the phone was just sluggish until it had finished. Then you would constantly have to restart the phone (same if you wanted to delete an app) which was just annoying.

I noticed in BB World this morning there were 6 app updates available on my Z10, totalling just over 40mb. I thought, ah, what the heck, lets try the update all option. Wow. Less than 2 minutes later, they were all downloaded and installed. No phone restarts needed, no annoying spinny clock thing (btw, does the Z10 even have an hourglass?? I've never seen it!), and with a swipe up, I was back at the home screen and browsing the web, oblivious to the fact the phone was downloading and updating 40mb+ of apps at the same time.

I still have my 9900 which I use on a separate line, it had 3 updates which I have been putting off, totalling 11mb. I started that at the same time, about 15 minutes ago....it's still going, and has informed me I need to restart the phone when it's finished.

A combination of the ridiculously fast 4G network here, and the brilliantly fluid and responsive BB10 OS makes updating apps the best experience I've noted on any phone (not just Blackberry).

Now if we could just get a few more (useful) apps available to us so I can update to my hearts content!
    AbsoluteT23 and digitalman101 like this.
    02-27-13 06:33 AM
    Yeah, I check for updates throughout the day and am always disappointed if the aren't any :-(
    02-27-13 06:47 AM