Hi,

Why has there been no official acknowledgment of this issue?

Being completely honest, and I didn't want to have to say this but this has been going on for days now...This is the kind of thing that cannot happen anymore if BlackBerry wants to take back and keep a significant amount of market share.

I'm a CrackBerry addict...I stick with them no matter what. But World being down for days now is surely enough to set a BlackBerry newbie back to the carrier store.

~STV
    Techno-Emigre likes this.
    04-20-13 12:16 PM
    It's not down, it's just having an issue, which is 'endless circle blank bbw home' when you open it right from the bbw itself. And if you're following the forum lately, we've had enough threads mentioning about this issue.

For the workaround it's already (temporarily) solved, you just go into bbw from music app options (3 vertical dots at the bottom right). So please, show yourself as a crackberry addict by looking at the forum before posting something impulsively.

And yes, I'm agree with you for the part that BlackBerry should've post and acknowledge this issue rather than standing still.

Posted via my Awesome Zed10
    04-20-13 12:24 PM
    Thanks, and sorry if it has been mentioned multi times, but the so called workarounds (Music or Games) do NOT work for many Crackberrians in many regions like myself in Hong Kong. Yes, in that sense BBW is down to those users and it must be fixed ASAP. It also means loss of revenue to not only BBRY but also developers.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 12:30 PM
    Buddy,

Of course I saw the other threads on this issue. I felt it needed another post or a bump since some folks were starting to say it was fixed which it certainly is NOT.

And if you searched you may have found that I posted in one of those threads that u was not taking the "Music Backdoor" as a solution that is viable because it loads BlackBerry World in partial Spanish for me when I access it that way. English only here.

Thanks for the tips but I assure you I'm not a forum a newbie.

~STV
    04-20-13 12:30 PM
    It's not down, it's just having an issue
    For the rest of the Z10 owners, who doesn't know English, who don't read forums, there's an issue.
    I've read the workaround but I haven't done it personally, still waiting for Blackberry to solve it either with an update or official statement, whatever.

I should never be in a position to use workarounds to access to the very official app that downloads apps. Not after paying hundreds of dollars on a flagship device.

It's such a shame that a multi million company did not forsee a cache problem in its own crucial mother of apps. This is simply ridiculous.

I am a huge BB fan and evangelist for almost a decade, but problems like these are the reason why neither BB nor Windows will be successful in the near future..

I can't open official app store for the last 3 days for God's sake and the very company who makes the device, software, app itself is not doing anything..
    04-20-13 12:34 PM
    Once you're able to view your world either through the games or music route, clear your phone cache, and reboot.

It is now hours since its fixed.

Buddy,

Of course I saw the other threads on this issue. I felt it needed another post or a bump since some folks were starting to say it was fixed which it certainly is NOT.

And if you searched you may have found that I posted in one of those threads that u was not taking the "Music Backdoor" as a solution that is viable because it loads BlackBerry World in partial Spanish for me when I access it that way. English only here.

Thanks for the tips but I assure you I'm not a forum a newbie.

~STV
    Sent from my BerryLicio.us Z10
    04-20-13 12:39 PM
    Thanks, and sorry if it has been mentioned multi times, but the so called workarounds (Music or Games) do NOT work for many Crackberrians in many regions like myself in Hong Kong. Yes, in that sense BBW is down to those users and it must be fixed ASAP. It also means loss of revenue to not only BBRY but also developers.

Posted via CB10

Try this: in the browser - write : appworld://music - or appworld://parentalcontrol

the BBWorld should start - and the circle should stop - when it stops - pull down the top-menu - and go to Setup/Options - then look at the bottom of the screen - the version number - tap on it - and then tap on the "Back" button lower left.... What happens when you do all that?
    04-20-13 01:13 PM
    Hey,

I reset the device cache by tapping the version number (that's intuitive...lol).

After a reboot the issue with BlackBerry World is half solved.

It can load, but different areas within the storefront are still partially in Spanish. Really weird.

~STV
    04-20-13 01:17 PM
    See pic...
    BlackBerry World still down...-img_00000052.png

~STV
    04-20-13 01:19 PM
    This was posted yesterday on twitter:

@MichaelClewley: We have identified an issue with BlackBerry World. This issue has been resolved as the cache clears over the course of the day.

http://twitter.com/MichaelClewley/st...11942978748416

@BlackBerry: BlackBerry World issue has been identified and resolved. Full access expected to return over the course of the day. ^DH

http://twitter.com/BlackBerry/status/324966276931932162

Unless you mean they should make an official broadcast in some other way? Txt message or email?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 01:28 PM
    Hi,

Why has there been no official acknowledgment of this issue?

Being completely honest, and I didn't want to have to say this but this has been going on for days now...This is the kind of thing that cannot happen anymore if BlackBerry wants to take back and keep a significant amount of market share.

I'm a CrackBerry addict...I stick with them no matter what. But World being down for days now is surely enough to set a BlackBerry newbie back to the carrier store.

~STV
    There has been public acknowledgement of this. Their Facebook and Twitter accounts both posted about this days ago. It was down for me but fixed within hours. I don't know why you're still having the issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 01:42 PM
    Try this: in the browser - write : appworld://music - or appworld://parentalcontrol

the BBWorld should start - and the circle should stop - when it stops - pull down the top-menu - and go to Setup/Options - then look at the bottom of the screen - the version number - tap on it - and then tap on the "Back" button lower left.... What happens when you do all that?
    Millions thanks, mate. Got it working now. Glad to be forum member.

Sorry for the poor souls who never visit this forum.

Thx again.

Posted via CB10
    Techno-Emigre likes this.
    04-20-13 01:49 PM
    Perfect example of the sharp tone that permeates CB lately. The OP had a very legit point on many counts. The main points is BB World needs to be fixed and until it is, the likes of my 84 year old cousin should have a way of knowing it is going to be fixed. Twitter/workarounds/language or regional barriers not options.
    04-20-13 01:56 PM
    Perfect example of the sharp tone that permeates CB lately. The OP had a very legit point on many counts. The main points is BB World needs to be fixed and until it is, the likes of my 84 year old cousin should have a way of knowing it is going to be fixed. Twitter/workarounds/language or regional barriers not options.
    Well, technically the OP did ask why there has been no official awknowledgement...

I don't see how much more they can do to broadcast things to your 84 year old cousin? Even when iPhone app store is down scheduled or unscheduled, they don't send you a text or email in your language stating its down.

Btw: just in case your 84year old cousin does manage to use twitter, blackberry has other international accounts broadcasting in different languages like @blackberryindonesia, etc.

Posted via CB10
    ESCON likes this.
    04-20-13 02:03 PM
    I am also still having trouble. Anything I am missing? Lots of new things I want to download but can't.. if it is a matter of waiting, ok...

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 03:58 PM
    T-Mo USA., no issues. As usual.
    04-20-13 04:05 PM
    I am also still having trouble. Anything I am missing? Lots of new things I want to download but can't.. if it is a matter of waiting, ok...

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried the music app fix?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 05:05 PM
    So, have they made an official post about this half Spanish issue I'm also having?

I think not...

Hopefully a fix soon.

~STV
    04-20-13 05:45 PM
    Have you tried the music app fix?

Posted via CB10
    Young Z - I guess I should have taken the time to read before I posted! Appreciate it. I tried the workaround and it worked.

Looking forward to 10.1 update!

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:58 PM
    Users who are seeing the issue can follow one of the resolutions posted in the KB below.

KB34132 – BlackBerry World displays a spinning circle and does not load content on the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone
    KB34132-BlackBerry World displays a spinning circle and does not load content on the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone
    04-23-13 06:57 PM
    Monster thread on this...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=796962

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 07:15 PM