Is there a way that this can be shut off? It gets annoying.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 04:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    Can you elaborate your issue further so it can be further assisted?
    04-29-13 04:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    You mean being notified of an app update in the Hub?
    Some parts of it can be shut off, but you can't stop it from actually happening entirely.

You can stop Notifications in general from being visible in the main Hub view. Not sure if you'd want that. If you use WhatsApp, this would currently take WA chats out of your main Hub list too.

You could also turn off the visible alerts for the BB World notifications. (But they would still come into Hub.)
    In Settings app, select Notifications, then scroll all the way to very bottom and select Other Applications. You'll find BlackBerry World in that list, and you can set Sound, Vibrate, and LED all to Off.
    04-29-13 04:52 PM
    In Settings app, select Notifications, then scroll all the way to very bottom and select Other Applications. You'll find BlackBerry World in that list, and you can set Sound, Vibrate, and LED all to Off.
    Id assume the op means this. Works like a charm.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    04-29-13 04:56 PM
    Thanks for all the replies.

I'm speaking of the upgrade notifications. I don't want BlackBerry world to constantly be using data and battery life to check out what has an upgrade.

I'd like to decide when I want to scan for application upgrades. Know what I mean?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 05:30 PM
    Thanks for all the replies.

I'm speaking of the upgrade notifications. I don't want BlackBerry world to constantly be using data and battery life to check out what has an upgrade.

I'd like to decide when I want to scan for application upgrades. Know what I mean?
    No, you can't stop this from happening; HOWEVER, that's not how it works.

This is a push notification. So if there's an update, BB will periodically push that to you from their server.

It is not your device repeatedly checking over and over.
    That's only when you manually check for yourself in My World.

Also, the data usage for this kind of notification is incrementally small. It's not sending and caching the whole app update on your device or anything.
    HotFix likes this.
    04-29-13 05:35 PM
    Oh ok thanks for clarifying that. Just anal now about data usage because I'm surprised on how much I've gone over.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 05:39 PM
    Oh ok thanks for clarifying that. Just anal now about data usage because I'm surprised on how much I've gone over.

Posted via CB10
    Don't blame you, but trust me it's not from the system's own update notifications.

Checking for updates yourself may or may not. I really couldn't say, but I still doubt it.

Updating your Available list in My World though would use more than the updates to your Downloaded list, as it re-populates the list including all the icons again. If you're super-worried about data, only update the Available list over Wi-Fi, even though we're still not exactly talking about a mountain of data or anything.
    04-29-13 05:43 PM
    I only ever get a BlackBerry World notification in the Hub about an update for an app being available AFTER manually checking for updates in BlackBerry World. It effectively acts as if the notifications have been pulled down to my Z10 by my own actions. Can't really call them notifications when they are after the event!

BlackBerry must only push those notifications out about once every ice age.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 11:08 PM
    Add me to the list of those annoyed by BlackBerry world notifications. I don't want the LED flashing, heck, I don't want them in the Hub, but that's not possible.
    05-04-13 02:36 AM
    Add me to the list of those annoyed by BlackBerry world notifications. I don't want the LED flashing, heck, I don't want them in the Hub, but that's not possible.
    I don't think anyone else in this thread was complaining about that.
    Most people are excited when they get a notification for an update in BB World.

Regardless, follow my instructions above to change your settings so the LED doesn't go off, if that's your preference.

This is how you CB10, son!
    05-08-13 02:59 AM
    I too don't want to see notifications for app upgrades in the Hub. I would like to see them only via the BB World app.

Posted via Z10
    05-08-13 06:43 PM
    This is how mine usually works too.

I only ever get a BlackBerry World notification in the Hub about an update for an app being available AFTER manually checking for updates in BlackBerry World. It effectively acts as if the notifications have been pulled down to my Z10 by my own actions. Can't really call them notifications when they are after the event!

BlackBerry must only push those notifications out about once every ice age.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 06:57 PM
    It is even more annoying if the notification is after the fact. It makes it totally unnecessary!

Posted via Z10
    05-08-13 08:42 PM
    It is even more annoying if the notification is after the fact. It makes it totally unnecessary!

Posted via Z10
    Very true.

Usually this kind of thing would really annoy me, but I guess because it's always good news (app updates!) it just doesn't bother me.

Anyway, the process definitely needs some refinements still.

This is how you CB10, son!
    05-09-13 01:38 AM
    I don't mind the update notifications, but some apps keep suggesting other apps, which is annoying. I'm not even sure what app is suggesting the new app, so I can't delete it.

I also get notifications about apps that I've deleted long ago. I'd live to make these stop
    08-28-14 09:50 AM
    I don't mind the update notifications, but some apps keep suggesting other apps, which is annoying. I'm not even sure what app is suggesting the new app, so I can't delete it.

I also get notifications about apps that I've deleted long ago. I'd live to make these stop
    Welcome to Crackberry.

As for the notifications, see if there's any common issue - the developer of the recommended apps versus the ones you have installed.

I think that if you PERMANENTLY delete them rather than merely UNinstall them, you might end the bothering.
    08-28-14 10:07 AM