Does anyone share their Blackberry World account with more than one person/phone? My wife doesn't yet have a BBW account for her Z10, and I'm thinking about just having her register with the same email I use. Not sure if that would create chaos, or continuity though. For Amazon Kindle, for instance, you can have up to 5 Kindle Fires on a single account. Smooth and simple. However, not sure if the same is true with Blackberry World.

Any input? Thanks.
    05-12-14 06:12 PM
    But this isn't Amazon.

You can do it. Should you do it?

BBM will only work on ONE device at a time. That means if you wife opens BBM, you lose BBM. If you open BBM, she loses BBM. This also defeats the purpose of BBM Video/Voice - you can't call yourself, and even if you could, BBM would not ring as it would be the same BBID.
    05-12-14 06:48 PM
    >>But this isn't Amazon.<<

Which is precisely why I asked the question.

Okay, so a clarification. I was asking about Blackberry World, not Blackberry Messaging. However, since I haven't ever used BBM, for all I know, the account for both may be the same. Is that right? Your answer is focused on BBM, but we are just looking at her ability to acquire apps for her Z10. At this point, neither of us are interested in using BBM.

Not a big deal to create a separate account, but it means duplicating payment options, etc. If necessary, we'll do it. If not, we won't.

Thanks
    diegonei likes this.
    05-12-14 07:46 PM
    Okay, so a clarification. I was asking about Blackberry World, not Blackberry Messaging. However, since I haven't ever used BBM, for all I know, the account for both may be the same. Is that right? Your answer is focused on BBM, but we are just looking at her ability to acquire apps for her Z10. At this point, neither of us are interested in using BBM.

Not a big deal to create a separate account, but it means duplicating payment options, etc. If necessary, we'll do it. If not, we won't.
    The BBID controls your BBM, your BB Protect, your BlackBerry World... So yeah lol. You can do it. But you're not meant to.
    05-12-14 08:23 PM
    OP, what they're trying to say is that it's not recommendable to use the same BlackBerry ID in two phones owned by two people because it would handicap the phone functionality. You could do that if both phones were yours

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 10:18 PM
    And I think you can use the same payment method for different BlackBerry ID. PayPal I'm sure you can use it in different BlackBerry ID because me and my wife use the same PayPal account

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 10:19 PM
    Okay, that makes sense.

Thanks.
    05-12-14 11:29 PM
    Thanks.

My wife will be unlikely to buy much of anything (same with me, for that matter). But, you've got to set an account up, even to be able to download apps that are free.
    05-12-14 11:33 PM
    Thanks.

But, you've got to set an account up, even to be able to download apps that are free.
    For the amount of time it took you to make these posts, couldn't you have already set up an account on her phone, even if it meant to download free apps?

Besides, isn't it against BlackBerry ToC to share paid apps between phones used by two different people?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 03:22 AM
    >>For the amount of time it took you to make these posts, couldn't you have already set up an account on her phone, even if it meant to download free apps?<<

Sure. If time were the only factor, fewer people would bother asking questions, in order to gain understand about using their phones. Understanding how things work often takes more time. Likewise, if time were the major factor for people in general, there would be less snarky comments made to legitimate questions on forums such as this. Fortunately, this forum is usually really good and friendly, as far as that is concerned.

>>Besides, isn't it against BlackBerry ToC to share paid apps between phones used by two different people? <<

I don't know the answer to that, but I assume by your "question" that you believe it is. We have no interest in finding a way to not pay for anything. My question had to do with if two different phones could be registered on the same account, thereby not needing upload personal payment information onto the same website twice. Apparently, BB World is not designed that way. However, I didn't know, so I asked.

While I use my phone a fair amount in a business context, neither my wife or I do anything particularly complex. Most of what we might need has come already loaded on our phones. As a result, since I started with Blackberry in 2007, I haven't yet had the need to purchase a single app. In fact, after many years of use, I think I've only installed two apps on my old 9700 - Poynt, and Opera, and they happened to be free.

However, on our Tablets, we buy plenty of apps, for both business and personal use. In fact, I would almost always rather purchase an app than have the free ones. They are usually ridiculously inexpensive, the purchased ones don't bug you with adds, and buying them encourages developers to continue writing apps.

All that to say, this question had nothing to do with buying apps, or not buying apps.
    05-13-14 11:53 AM
    Today i tried to download an app from appworld, app name "flip to silent" i provided all credit card information on app world and paid the apps amount. Amount deducted from my account and also i received an credit card error despite getting the download link. Please help me what should i do further to get my amount or app back

Nauman
    05-13-14 12:22 PM
    A couple of suggestions.

First, if you don't get good help with this posting here, you might try starting a new thread. It is easy for questions to get overlooked in the middle of a thread like this.

This is a great forum. People here are great, and willing to help.

Second, and to your problem, have you tried contacting Appworld directly? You can find customer support on their website, on the bottom of the page. I would assume that they'd be willing and able to help.
    diegonei likes this.
    05-13-14 01:14 PM
    And I think you can use the same payment method for different BlackBerry ID. PayPal I'm sure you can use it in different BlackBerry ID because me and my wife use the same PayPal account

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, that would totally work. No issues whatso ever. Sounds like a solution to me.
    05-13-14 04:19 PM