I've heard that blackberry z10 offers work and personal profiles. Can anyone help me in creating a work profile in my phone??

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 10:14 PM
    I've heard that blackberry z10 offers work and personal profiles. Can anyone help me in creating a work profile in my phone??

Posted via CB10
    If your company doesn't offer BES, you won't be able to.
    04-06-13 10:15 PM
    You must be on a supported BES system in order to use the BlackBerry Balance features. Without that, the default setting is for personal use.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 10:23 PM
    This was a disappointment for me. I still like the Z10, but this is a feature that I was looking forward to. My office no longer has BES, so I'm out of luck...

Posted via CB10
    prchrlady likes this.
    04-06-13 10:29 PM
    I'm still waiting on the military to adopt the BYOD policy as I'd gladly let them activate balance on my phone, getting emails and not having computer access is annoying

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 10:31 PM
    This was a disappointment for me. I still like the Z10, but this is a feature that I was looking forward to. My office no longer has BES, so I'm out of luck...

Posted via CB10
    If I'm not mistaken, in the early ad campaign BlackBerry touted this very feature but failed to mention the specific details of needing BES support in order to get Balance to work.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 10:32 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, in the early ad campaign BlackBerry touted this very feature but failed to mention the specific details of needing BES support in order to get Balance to work.

Posted via CB10
    Did they really need to? I mean the common user expected to have a work and social profile that's just stupidity on their part for not researching details.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 10:39 PM
    Did they really need to? I mean the common user expected to have a work and social profile that's just stupidity on their part for not researching details.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not saying BlackBerry should or shouldn't have mentioned it, only that they didn't. Ultimately its the responsibility of the end user to ensure that you have the features you need and want.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 10:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. Not a lot of companies mention details in ad campaigns and keynotes. It's up to the user to find out more. With that said, they did tout it as a business feature specifically. Not once did they say otherwise.
    04-06-13 10:47 PM
    Exactly. Not a lot of companies mention details in ad campaigns and keynotes. It's up to the user to find out more. With that said, they did tout it as a business feature specifically. Not once did they say otherwise.
    Yup I see alot of BlackBerry commercials now and I'd have to say it's split 50/50 for business and personal commercials

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 10:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    You are assuming that people know what BES is. I am a semi techy person and I didn't realize that BES was even still around. Yes, I bought the Z10 expecting to have our work Exchange email/contacs on a separate profile from my personal.

It is disappointing because that was an advantage I was expecting over the current iPhone I was using.

Maybe I am stupid for assuming, but I did.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 11:00 PM
    You are assuming that people know what BES is. I am a semi techy person and I didn't realize that BES was even still around. Yes, I bought the Z10 expecting to have our work Exchange email/contacs on a separate profile from my personal.

It is disappointing because that was an advantage I was expecting over the current iPhone I was using.

Maybe I am stupid for assuming, but I did.

Posted via CB10
    BES will probably never die even if by chance BlackBerry went down as a personal device the enterprise and security would keep it going on that end. For small businesses its best to just load the emails for the accounts naturally unless the security behind them needs an enterprise server. Either way if you want separate emails suggest to your place of work to look into BES 10 because of the BYOD ability its really worth it

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 11:21 PM
    OK so some of us were not born with tech genes. BBRY's features that appeal to the tech geniuses AND us old folks who thought electric typewriters were high tech when in college (and for many years after that...) are what made me a loyalist.

Whether the ads were clearly understood, or whether we did enough research (I did LOTS and a great deal of it on these forums) is a moot point. Now we have BBRY fans who would like to have something like Balance to separate our personal and vocational life, whether we are on BES or not. WE HEREBY MAKE THAT REQUEST. If BBRY can put out the Z10 it can do anything.

Yes, I want to clearly be able to separate my work life details, contacts, texts and messages - and everything else - from my personal contacts. I want to be able to have out of office messages for work when I am not there or on call - and I want separate email/txt/BBM ability for each role.

"Make it so" developers and BBRY team. Thank you.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-17-13 10:23 PM