02-23-14 02:41 PM
27 12
tools
    Wow!! So let me start by saying I haven't had a blackberry in almost 6-7 years(android & iOS). But I seriously got tired of my nexus and say a brand new unlocked Z10 sealed for 250 on craigslist and hoped on it. Turned it on and OMG. I didn't know if I owned a blackberry or some sort of super secret OS but this thing is BEAUTIFUL. The look and feel is just....wow, I don't even know what to say.

I mean the phone just FEELS right, I don't know how to describe it honestly. So far my only gripe is battery life. The old blackberries I remember you could leave it at 40%, go on vacation and come back a week later and it'll only drop to 35%. But I do expect this issue to be fixed.

But with this whole blackberry is a sinking ship deal the last few years I hope this isn't the last battle. This kinda reminds me of Palm. Bought the Palm in 08?! And webOS was like a whole new person, next thing you know HP said, out you go! Which sucks because I think that had a good thing they let go.

But any who, just sharing my love for it. Wow.....this is a serious just from the little trackball that always got dirty and 4 or 5 icons at the bottom you had to pick from.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 06:23 PM
    welcome back and glad you like the new BB!
    1shady_llama likes this.
    02-18-14 06:25 PM
    I love my Z10 as well. Seeing "Phablet" devices in public for calls really looks *something i can't described* i want to say it looks so stupid but that's too harsh.

Z10 is the perfect phone for my hands & call, it looks so professional.
    Plus the factor that i'm not using a common device.
    I choose to be unique. I choose BlackBerry.
    1shady_llama, ssinghb and thurman like this.
    02-18-14 06:32 PM
    I'd say it's the combination of the form factor and the weight.

It's just perfect to fill your hand and the weight gives a feeling that you're actually holding something. iOS and Android devices tend tapi market themselves as "light", and that makes you feel that you're not actually holding something, and that feels wrong

IPhone 5 is not THAT light, but holding it doesn't feel as good as holding a Z10

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    1shady_llama likes this.
    02-18-14 06:35 PM
    I feel you bro... I always had a BlackBerry and had my Z10 shipped from Canada when it launched.

I destroyed my Z10 in an accident and now own a Q10. But I'm missing the big screen on the Z10 and am now on the verge of switching back to the Z10.

OS10.2.1 made the Z10 and Q10 sweeter and I have never regretted sticking to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    1shady_llama likes this.
    02-18-14 06:53 PM
    Z10 is compact, smooth like a butter and feels oh so right. Welcome back :-)

Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    1shady_llama likes this.
    02-18-14 07:28 PM
    Had almost three year gap between Bold 9650 and my beloved Z10. Probably had more than a dozen phones in between. Can't wait til newest are released.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    1shady_llama likes this.
    02-18-14 07:37 PM
    I wish the carriers and local shops would 'push' BlackBerry the same way they push iOS and Android. At least give the customer true choice...
    1shady_llama and BerryRipe like this.
    02-18-14 07:49 PM
    A close pal, came developer and iOS app developer -- is on the verge of swtiching over to a z10 or z30 for his everyday phone.
    02-18-14 07:58 PM
    Blackberry is the one of the most underrated products ever.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 09:19 PM
    Make sure you spread the word to others who knew that you have had iPhone and Android just before bb10.

Posted via CB10
    1shady_llama likes this.
    02-18-14 09:38 PM
    I wish the carriers and local shops would 'push' BlackBerry the same way they push iOS and Android. At least give the customer true choice...
    This is really an amazing reality.

My Z10 is on a corporate plan, so I called Verizon and asked what kind of deals I could get my wife on a Q10. The lady on the phone asked several times if my wife would rather have an iPhone or Android device.

Then, at the Verizon store, the lady setting up my wife's new (white) Q10 kept making a big deal out of how she's never set up a blackberry before. And was actually confused as how to type "blackberry" in to perform a security wipe.

BlackBerry definitely had their work cut out for them at the retail/carrie level.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    02-18-14 09:52 PM
    I wish the carriers and local shops would 'push' BlackBerry the same way they push iOS and Android.
    Yup, it's a disgrace. I used to work for one of the big three in Canada. It wasn't for very long but I moved more Z's and Q's than anyone because I took the time to show the customers the phones potential.
    If BlackBerry was able to apply incentives for the sales staff (ex. $##.00 amount for each phone sold) and properly train them on all of the beauty that is.... BB10 we would see units moving off the shelves. They sell what pays them the most. I suppose that's how any sales job is.

OP Glad you're loving your phone, it's hard not to. Sooo good!

Posted via CB10
    GSM-S likes this.
    02-18-14 10:10 PM
    Yep.

Proudly posted by an Essex Lad with Z10
    02-18-14 10:12 PM
    Yup, it's a disgrace. I used to work for one of the big three in Canada. It wasn't for very long but I moved more Z's and Q's than anyone because I took the time to show the customers the phones potential.
    If BlackBerry was able to apply incentives for the sales staff (ex. $##.00 amount for each phone sold) and properly train them on all of the beauty that is.... BB10 we would see units moving off the shelves. They sell what pays them the most. I suppose that's how any sales job is.

OP Glad you're loving your phone, it's hard not to. Sooo good!

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately that is the case and the more hands BlackBerry can get their devices in the quicker this ship will turn.

Great Read OP, and Welcome

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    Last edited by Carjackd; 02-26-14 at 10:39 PM.
    02-18-14 10:14 PM
    Welcome back to BB world..

I have had Z10 for almost a year now and I have yet to find the perfect words to describe it.
    Battery life you are absolutely right, it sucks on Z10.

I have a Q10 as well and that thing can nearly last me two days, but I like a full touchscreen device so my next goal is to get a Z30 until BlackBerry's next premium device is available.
    02-18-14 10:21 PM
    I love my Z10 as well. Seeing "Phablet" devices in public for calls really looks *something i can't described* i want to say it looks so stupid but that's too harsh.

Z10 is the perfect phone for my hands & call, it looks so professional.
    Plus the factor that i'm not using a common device.
    I choose to be unique. I choose BlackBerry.
    I know what you mean. I had the Note 2 and when I first used it I thought there was no way I could get used to it. But after a week. It just felt normal, but I would put it in my book bag when I was at school instead of pocket.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 11:33 PM
    Hehe - I remember feeling just like the OP. Best news is that the device gets better as updates and leaks roll in and you figure out all the cool little features.

Welcome aboard the BlackBerry train. It's a heck of a ride!
    02-18-14 11:46 PM
    *Bump* OP, still out there? Curious to hear what you think. Using it as your daily driver yet? What OS version are you on? (Type "Myver" and see what shows up on the space bar). Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.1925

Enjoy!
    02-19-14 08:08 PM
    Welcome back! I also came back to BlackBerry from Apple and will never leave BlackBerry again! BB10 is amazing and the hardware is so well engineered! Now only to upgrade to the Z30 when my plan is up in October...

Posted via CB10
    1shady_llama and Carjackd like this.
    02-19-14 08:56 PM
    Wow!! So let me start by saying I haven't had a blackberry in almost 6-7 years(android & iOS). But I seriously got tired of my nexus and say a brand new unlocked Z10 sealed for 250 on craigslist and hoped on it. Turned it on and OMG. I didn't know if I owned a blackberry or some sort of super secret OS but this thing is BEAUTIFUL. The look and feel is just....wow, I don't even know what to say.

I mean the phone just FEELS right, I don't know how to describe it honestly. So far my only gripe is battery life. The old blackberries I remember you could leave it at 40%, go on vacation and come back a week later and it'll only drop to 35%. But I do expect this issue to be fixed.

But with this whole blackberry is a sinking ship deal the last few years I hope this isn't the last battle. This kinda reminds me of Palm. Bought the Palm in 08?! And webOS was like a whole new person, next thing you know HP said, out you go! Which sucks because I think that had a good thing they let go.

But any who, just sharing my love for it. Wow.....this is a serious just from the little trackball that always got dirty and 4 or 5 icons at the bottom you had to pick from.

Posted via CB10
    Welcome back to BlackBerry
    02-19-14 08:58 PM
    *Bump* OP, still out there? Curious to hear what you think. Using it as your daily driver yet? What OS version are you on? (Type "Myver" and see what shows up on the space bar). Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.1925

Enjoy!
    Hello! Yes I use it as a daily driver now and my current OS is 2102 on t-mobile network. I love the phone, once I opened it and turned it on my nexus has been collecting dust. I wanted to get the Z30 but no gsm version so, it looks like I'll be waiting for the next device. Another gripe I have is BlackBerry Link, I just....*sigh* why must it not locate my music files ARGHHHHHHHH.

Posted via CB10
    smitty1077 likes this.
    02-19-14 09:23 PM
    "Another gripe I have is BlackBerry Link, I just....*sigh* why must it not locate my music files ARGHHHHHHHH."

On your device or your computer? It works for me both ways. Download a file and it syncs to my MacBook = sweetness. Once you set up Link it's pretty awesome. I guess some old BlackBerry users don't like it compared to what they used to have, but it seems pretty good to me.

You should load a leak. Use Link to backup and restore. It's amazing at that. Gets everything down to the last text.
    02-19-14 09:55 PM
    "Another gripe I have is BlackBerry Link, I just....*sigh* why must it not locate my music files ARGHHHHHHHH."

On your device or your computer? It works for me both ways. Download a file and it syncs to my MacBook = sweetness. Once you set up Link it's pretty awesome. I guess some old BlackBerry users don't like it compared to what they used to have, but it seems pretty good to me.

You should load a leak. Use Link to backup and restore. It's amazing at that. Gets everything down to the last text.
    Well it pulls shows some music from windows media player but not all my music, and the music it shows aren't even music files it's OS sound snippets. Very weird. I just did a wipe with the leaked 2141. It worked awesome but I would randomly lose service and I saw that I didn't download the radio file also :/.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-20-14 12:05 AM
    Welcome back! I also came back to BlackBerry from Apple and will never leave BlackBerry again! BB10 is amazing and the hardware is so well engineered! Now only to upgrade to the Z30 when my plan is up in October...

Posted via CB10
    You never know what will be available by October. I'm hoping to upgrade from my z30 by then

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    02-22-14 05:24 PM
27 12