A T-Mobile customers asks me if I like my Z10, I said I love it. And then he says 'I Just returned mine yesterday'

So I reply 'oh why you couldn't understand how to use it?'

He turned red and looked upset and said 'no no no not that, I'm just not a BlackBerry person' as he grabbed his new iphone 5 which he was NOT going to get because they had ran out of the white color. He got it after I said 'black one has more resale value man'

The purpose of this post is to show that blackberry users are not bias. :>

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by radlink14; 04-25-13 at 09:01 PM.
    04-25-13 06:35 PM
    So he really didn't have a 'real' reason per se' for returning it?
    04-26-13 06:59 AM
    Excactly
    04-26-13 08:58 PM
    No offense. But 90% of iPhone users don't know the difference between iPhone and rest of phones out there..

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 09:02 PM
    No offense. But 90% of iPhone users don't know the difference between iPhone and rest of phones out there..

Posted via CB10
    +1 to this lol

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 09:07 PM
    I've been using BlackBerry for many years, since big blue. And I have to say that I most certainly AM bias .

Steve, Posted via CB10
    ErinnM likes this.
    04-26-13 09:07 PM
    Yeah, we are bias to the phone we have

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 09:08 PM
    How can one take an anecdote involving one person to a generalization about "BlackBerry users"? This is like "Android" wanting the BB10 hub.
    h20work likes this.
    04-26-13 09:14 PM
    I'm with t-mobile and i can say with great pride that i'm certainly bias...i laugh and hate everything apple. One of my coworkers stuck an apple logo on my bumper while i went to lunch, i didn't notice it until i came out of the deli, my heart skipped a beat thinking someone stole my car since i wouldn't be caught dead promoting anything apple, much less an iphone...i literally felt dirty driving back to work with that thing stuck to my car...true story.
    beamolite likes this.
    04-26-13 09:15 PM
    I'm currently enjoying a Z10. It's my first BlackBerry since my 850 and 957 way back in the day. I'm also an iPhone user with an iPhone 5 at present.

Whether I'm on the Apple related forums or the BlackBerry ones there's definitely a lot of bias out there. I appreciate both devices for what they are - amazing pieces of software and hardware engineering. There's so many great features of BB10 that I'd like to see in iOS. But there's also things in iOS that I truly miss on BB10.

Competition is good, in my opinion it fuels innovation. Whereas bias typically fuels nothing other than a good flame war.

Here's to continued innovation!

Josh

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 09:25 PM
    Guess he hates change.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-26-13 10:06 PM
    My mom has an iphone 4s from work, and she's still on a bold 9700 for her personal phone. After all the hype the iphone produced, she was very adamant about wanting one. Well, then she got this job, and has the 4s, and hates it. She checked out my Z10 today, and take a guess which phone she intends on purchasing now?

Not the hypePhone.
    04-26-13 10:08 PM
    I can't live without the multitasking now. It's a no brainer.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 10:09 PM
    I can't live without the multitasking now. It's a no brainer.

Posted via CB10
    Me either!

04-26-13 10:10 PM
    I love my Z10, the multitasking and keyboard are amazing. I came from the 4s and before that was a DROID and before that it was the 8320 Curve. The only thing that others competitors have is quantities of apps. I would rather have quality.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 10:18 PM
    Wait, manufacturers make smartphones WITHOUT multitasking? Who knew

Me either!

John Pawling likes this.
    04-26-13 10:19 PM
    comming from a person who has had about 6 iphones all different generations currently an original and a 4, every generation of ipod touch, two generations of iMac and two apple TV, I dont recommend the ecosystem. Mi mates and I were talking about this earlier today. One explained it really well for me. I bought them not because im a fan, but because at the time they were the best there is. I had the original storm, that left a sour taste. This was when blackberry was still sort of top of its game. now im back with a Z10 and a Playbook. Im also on the look out for an unlocked 9900 that i can use both Telcell MX 3G bands and T-mobile USA 4G bands. I recomend blackberry the ecosystem over ios and apple's ecosystem. But for hipters, they can have the iphone i wont push them to BB. Even though i fall under the hipster lable
    04-26-13 10:35 PM
    I love my Z10, the multitasking and keyboard are amazing. I came from the 4s and before that was a DROID and before that it was the 8320 Curve. The only thing that others competitors have is quantities of apps. I would rather have quality.

Posted via CB10
    I can't really say that my BlackBerry Z10 is of more quality than my iPhone 5. They're both high quality devices in my opinion. BB10 offers for me a welcome change to navigating the UI of a smart phone. iOS 6 feels dated to me compared to BB10. The keyboard alone on iOS 6 feels extremely basic and dated compared to BB10.

However, the speech abilities of BB10 in my opinion are lacking when compared to iOS's Siri. I also miss the ability of iOS to connect to PPTP and L2TP/IPSec VPNs on BB10. For the life of me I can't figure out why there's not greater and more standard VPN client support on BB10 - a feature I need in my corporate environment.

One of the best BlackBerry features for me though is the little red LED notification light. I never have to turn on my screen to see if I might have a new message waiting for me.

Josh

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 10:39 PM
    Nice way to insult your customer ironic no one said "carrier reps are useless" like when one disses a BlackBerry.

Did you actually expect a real response when you questioned the intelligence of your customer? I would have told you to go f yourself if you talked that way to me
    04-26-13 10:45 PM
    Competition is good, in my opinion it fuels innovation. Whereas bias typically fuels nothing other than a good flame war.

Nice one bro...

"Bias" people is like "extremists"... they see only one side of equation which is "perfect" for them... and they wanted everyone to see that way... it doesn't matter if they have to use force and extreme measures...

Posted via Z10
    04-26-13 10:46 PM
    Yes, we are.
    04-26-13 10:49 PM
    I'm currently enjoying a Z10. It's my first BlackBerry since my 850 and 957 way back in the day. I'm also an iPhone user with an iPhone 5 at present.

Whether I'm on the Apple related forums or the BlackBerry ones there's definitely a lot of bias out there. I appreciate both devices for what they are - amazing pieces of software and hardware engineering. There's so many great features of BB10 that I'd like to see in iOS. But there's also things in iOS that I truly miss on BB10.

Josh

Posted via CB10
    Completely agree with you man

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 11:12 PM
    Haha I don't see a point in being bias because I feel we always go back to 'use what works for you' and the reality of it is just that.

But I sole heartedly believe that yes 90% of iPhone users own one because of the trend and/or their company provides due to the head of IT being an iPhone whooore.
    04-27-13 12:11 PM
    Nice one bro...

"Bias" people is like "extremists"... they see only one side of equation which is "perfect" for them... and they wanted everyone to see that way... it doesn't matter if they have to use force and extreme measures...

Posted via Z10
    yeah, but it's hard not to think bb users aren't biased (this is my first bb device) when i read posts here that say "stop installing needless apps and you won't have reboots i just use my phone barebones" or "if your phone is only rebooting when you're sleeping what's the big deal?"
    04-27-13 12:20 PM
    Haha I don't see a point in being bias because I feel we always go back to 'use what works for you' and the reality of it is just that.

But I sole heartedly believe that yes 90% of iPhone users own one because of the trend and/or their company provides due to the head of IT being an iPhone whooore.
    Many former BlackBerry users now use the iPhone. Many former BlackBerry entrenched corporations now use the iPhone too. In my opinion this probably wouldn't have happened if BlackBerry had a compelling smart phone OS on the market. Instead it took years for them to catch up and surpass iOS in some areas with BB10.

BlackBerry lost their market share to Apple and others in my opinion because they failed to adapt quick enough to what consumers wanted, and because the consumer market influences corporate buying. I sincerely hope that BB10 curves the trend of losing market share to competitors.

Josh

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-27-13 02:56 PM
27 12