05-26-13 01:09 AM
77 1234
tools
    Here are my requests of BlackBerry:

1. BlackBerry OS 10 for the BlackBerry PlayBook but leave the current tablet user interface as it currently exists.
    2. Fully functional BlackBerry Bridge between the BlackBerry Z10 /Q10 and the BlackBerry PlayBook.
    3. A steady cadence of updates for BlackBerry OS 10 on a bi-monthly schedule instead of the present scheme.
    4. Better communication to BlackBerry users - we are the most important factor in determining the success or failure of BlackBerry, the brand and the company.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    I agree. The above would make me happy indeed. If other platforms can push updates out directly to the end consumer hopefully BlackBerry can sort this out. How chaotic to have users with the same device on different os versions.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    05-24-13 09:05 AM
    It's cos the phone's a lemon. It doesn't work properly or reliably. It demands hundreds of hours to figure out how to do stuff that you either expect out of the box or is intuitive with other phones. And even when you do figure it out, you may then have battery drain, random reboots or, as I had, dropping out data, unreliable bluetooth, double/treble contacts etc etc. It was launched before it was anywhere near ready. I'd stay away from these boards over the next few months if I were you - it's only going to get worse.
    A lemon haha funny. My lemon must be the size of a watermelon in comparison to lemon apples.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 09:10 AM
    I think the issue here it that people expect their new phone to be as good as or better than their old one.That isn't an unreasonable expectation but they should take into account that it is a 1.0 product and won't be perfect. It really comes down to if you're willing to live with the small issues until they're resolved
    05-24-13 09:14 AM
    I looove my z10.....
    05-24-13 09:15 AM
    Be Bold and wait,
    Keep calm and keep clicking for updates...
    Are there any more excuses for a phone and OS that was 2 years in the making? I gotta find that video clip when the Z10 was launching, Thor said this is what you've been waiting for...2 years in the making....
    Maybe another few months and it'll work right, not perfect but right......
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-24-13 09:21 AM
    People that have had great experiences with their phones don't often see the need to post about it on the forums, myself included. That's why the forums are mostly tech support wrapped in a thick layer of whining and speculation.

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    05-24-13 09:57 AM
    Be Bold and wait,
    Keep calm and keep clicking for updates...
    Are there any more excuses for a phone and OS that was 2 years in the making? I gotta find that video clip when the Z10 was launching, Thor said this is what you've been waiting for...2 years in the making....
    Maybe another few months and it'll work right, not perfect but right......
    Lol the new slogan. "Be Bold and Keep Waiting"

05-24-13 10:03 AM
    Here are my requests of BlackBerry:

1. BlackBerry OS 10 for the BlackBerry PlayBook but leave the current tablet user interface as it currently exists.
    2. Fully functional BlackBerry Bridge between the BlackBerry Z10 /Q10 and the BlackBerry PlayBook.
    3. A steady cadence of updates for BlackBerry OS 10 on a bi-monthly schedule instead of the present scheme.
    4. Better communication to BlackBerry users - we are the most important factor in determining the success or failure of BlackBerry, the brand and the company.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    Nothing wrong with those requests . They should make a page that shows all their issues and progress and resolution. With the ability to open up a forum post from each issue.

Posted from my Z10
    R Field likes this.
    05-24-13 10:17 AM
    Unfortunately the marketplace does not have the patience that we loyal BlackBerry addicts do.
    Saying that BlackBerry is doing better and trying hard doesn't cut it. This isn't kids house league soccer.
    The result is the only thing that counts.
    product-profit-stock price

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 10:20 AM
    If you dont complain things stay the same and nothing ever changes. If nobody ever complained, we'd all still be living in caves. think about that.
    05-24-13 10:27 AM
    Ya... the forums really look like a bunch of spoiled brats b*tching about everything... Or when they do get an app oh its not native built no effing good then.

Sam
    05-24-13 10:31 AM
    Maybe now would be a good opportunity to look at how long it took Android and iOS to form into what they are now.

Android version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Look under the 'Version history by API level' section.
    iOS version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Look under the 'Version history: portable iOS devices' section.

You will noticed that both of these operating systems took many months to add what we consider basic features now

When apple and android started there was nothing...they put features in the o's. BlackBerry already knew what was out there and just left **** out. No excuse. They had time to see what they needed to put into the o's. And didn't. Big difference

Posted via CB10
    Drew808 and richardat like this.
    05-24-13 10:35 AM
    Very little positive in these forums, I'm tired of the complaining and lack of patience. BlackBerry has come a long way, and anything good takes time. The OS is still very young and they are working very hard to mature it. Give them a break, updates have been coming faster than ever unfortunately these stupid carriers are what's holding things back.

Posted via CB10
    A little theme song for your thread...

Steve Earle, " ".
    05-24-13 10:41 AM
    As you said "Blackberry users never satisfied" That's horrible and shouldn't be the case. It's not on us its on them. When we spend $740 dollars on a phone we shouldn't have to complain. So who's fault is it?

But thats alright because when BBM goes cross playform people will have the choice to go where they like.....

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 10:44 AM
    Never satisfied is good. We, the users, should never be satisfied and BlackBerry, the company, shouldn't be either. It's this pushing that drives innovation!

Posted via CB10
    bintheredundat likes this.
    05-24-13 10:51 AM
    Constructive criticism is cool, but the post have become annoying. Some people don't read before they open up stupid threads. Others don't do there research. Most of yall don't make since or realize apps and other things take time. You think blackberry doesn't want us to have the new updates or instagram. Stfu

Posted via CB10
    R Field and brout like this.
    05-24-13 11:14 AM
    Constructive criticism is cool, but the post have become annoying. Some people don't read before they open up stupid threads. Others don't do there research. Most of yall don't make since or realize apps and other things take time. You think blackberry doesn't want us to have the new updates or instagram. Stfu

Posted via CB10
    Instead of telling people to "stfu" why not just ignore the threads or the entire forum?

And how much time exactly should users wait for their phones to stop phantom rebooting (among other issues).

THIS is this platform that we were told to wait for. THESE are the devices we waited years for, I don't blame people for being upset if they can't even make a call without the phone rebooting itself.

richardat likes this.
    05-24-13 11:35 AM
    It's cos the phone's a lemon. It doesn't work properly or reliably. It demands hundreds of hours to figure out how to do stuff that you either expect out of the box or is intuitive with other phones. And even when you do figure it out, you may then have battery drain, random reboots or, as I had, dropping out data, unreliable bluetooth, double/treble contacts etc etc. It was launched before it was anywhere near ready. I'd stay away from these boards over the next few months if I were you - it's only going to get worse.
    What's a treble contact? You typed this from an iPhone didn't you? If it takes you hundreds of hours to read through the manual and figure out a few gestures then you have bigger problems.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-24-13 11:46 AM
    What's a treble contact? You typed this from an iPhone didn't you?
    Or a phone set to British English...

Posted via CB10
    red_devil_fan_1999 likes this.
    05-24-13 11:56 AM
    Very little positive in these forums, I'm tired of the complaining and lack of patience. BlackBerry has come a long way, and anything good takes time. The OS is still very young and they are working very hard to mature it. Give them a break, updates have been coming faster than ever unfortunately these stupid carriers are what's holding things back.

Posted via CB10
    Below is an honest answer. i think Blackberry is getting some success with BB10 but giving their business decisions its par for the course.

In the introduction of Z10, there were a lot of bugs that shoukd have been found in integration and beta testing.

Blackberry doesnt make it easy for users to report problems. i have no clye if tgey ate snart enough to browse these forums or not. hope so.

This the third time theyve gone from scratch. Doing that is a business risk because each time stuff that worked doesnt. id expected the bb10 to be the playbook os but it isnt. Apps working in playbook dont work dont work on z10. That means, app deveopers have to be on board when they have already losing market share.

Blacknerry doesnt seem to have end to end ownership; e.g., there is no way you can tell which apps are using too much data, there is no visibility for you to tell if a process is runjing in tge background causing problems. The issues with the battery and microphones shoukd have been noticed.

Posted via CB10
    Davidro1 likes this.
    05-24-13 12:17 PM
    BlackBerry is fantastic and has always been for me since my first device in 2005. BBOS 10 is a cut above the rest and growing. Haters will forever hate. With qnx running the show, the possibilities are endless! #Team_Blackberry

Kramberry z10
    geogejost likes this.
    05-24-13 12:32 PM
    Wow some people "The phone is a lemon" talk about constructive criticism! Well why don't you go check out the other sites and see if they don't have issues too! All phones have issues when they are launched! Most of the problems people mention have been fixed, with the new release. So why don't you go to your carrier and ask them why they haven't updated your phone!
    geogejost likes this.
    05-24-13 12:52 PM
    Or a phone set to British English...

Posted via CB10
    Who cares. This is not an English class. I'm sorry everyone isn't perfect like you.

Posted from my Z10
    05-24-13 05:04 PM
    Actually, when my phone is set to british english, the leyboard gets mucked up.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 08:30 PM
    Yeah it's like spolied children never satisfied.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 09:50 PM
77 1234