I was wondering if others use blackberry travel like I do. I dont really use it to book hotels or rental cars etc. But useit to organize travel. If you take the time to input future travel like flights and amtrack. It reminds you of dates and times, tells you of delays, reminds you of times and dates etc. And even send you an email detailing weather of where you are going to the day before. Best free app bberry provides IMO

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 12:56 PM
    But forgot to ask in my original post if it's possible to sync to computer or playbook

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 12:57 PM
    Absolutely love the app. Use if ever chance I get!

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 01:19 PM
    It's a shame that for all these years that BlackBerry hasn't added BlackBerry Travel to the PlayBook. Things like this are really pissing me off.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 01:25 PM
    It's a shame that for all these years that BlackBerry hasn't added BlackBerry Travel to the PlayBook. Things like this are really pissing me off.
    Why on earth would they spend even a minute on PlayBook when it's an old device that's been discontinued and no longer supported? I own a PlayBook and paid full price for it and I think it would be stupid of them to waste any time on it. It's done. Toast. No more updates.
    09-01-14 08:14 PM
    I use it just the way you do. As an organizer. I generally book my travel through the airline website directly, but it's really nice to have an itinerary in BlackBerry Travel.

I also really like the currency converter. I just wish it worked when I'm not connected to the network. It would be nice to be able to use it on the plane to calculate my customs declarations.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    09-01-14 09:16 PM
    I love the app as well, use it all the time. However I'm unable to share my itinerary using my Comcast e-mail account. Using my company email address it gets sent with no problems. Anyone have any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 12:01 PM
    But forgot to ask in my original post if it's possible to sync to computer or playbook

Posted via CB10
    There is a website: travel.blackberry.com

Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.1052
    09-02-14 12:32 PM
    I use it to organize, but don't rely on gate updates, etc.

Our last flight yesterday was delayed, the gate changed 4 times, and I got the last gate change sitting on the plane in the tarmac.

CB10/Z10
    09-02-14 01:54 PM
    I use it to organize, but don't rely on gate updates, etc.

Our last flight yesterday was delayed, the gate changed 4 times, and I got the last gate change sitting on the plane in the tarmac.

CB10/Z10
    Yeah I'd agree with that. It's pretty darn good but not perfect.

09-02-14 02:30 PM
    I like Travel for gate and time change notifications, but it is a little buggy. One time it kept sending me change notices every 5 mins because it couldn't decide between E75 and 75. Fortunately I knew 75 doesn't exist and shut down the notifications because it was getting annoying.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    09-02-14 03:43 PM
    I also like to use BlackBerry Travel. I've noticed that the gate change updates are quite prompt, and this has been so for me at airports across Canada, the U.S., Mexico, Spain, the U.K., the Netherlands & Turkey.

One issue I have with BlackBerry Travel is that the flight times don't appear in the BB10 Calendar app.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 09-02-14 at 07:02 PM.
    09-02-14 06:06 PM
    I love the app, use it all the time to track flights. Very handy when you travel to know what gate your flight is and if there is any delay etc.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    09-02-14 09:00 PM
    I have given up on the app. I use FlightView Free, and Android app instead. I just did 13 flights in the past two weeks, a very normal thing for me, most were international and FlightView free worked perfectly. It shows much more information including baggage claim. Often I have run both Blackberry Travel and FlightView Free at the same time to compare, Blackberry Travel would not show the gate information while FlightView Free would already show gates, FlightView Free also showed delays before BlackBerry Travel.

Adding flights and trips is also easier in FlightView Free, you don't have to have a city name to save a trip, you can name it whatever you want. It is much quicker and makes more sense for my type of travel.

I believe BlackBerry has tried to add "features" to the program and has neglected the more critical information needed for a frequent flyer. I think they need to take a hard look at what is available out there and update their app.
    09-03-14 11:30 AM
    I LOVE BB Travel.

I live in Northern Canada, and we receive special tax breaks for travel from this region. BB Travel has made it close to effortless to record my travel so that I can report it correctly to the Canada Revenue Agency.
    09-03-14 11:43 AM
    I LOVE BB Travel.

I live in Northern Canada, and we receive special tax breaks for travel from this region. BB Travel has made it close to effortless to record my travel so that I can report it correctly to the Canada Revenue Agency.
    Are you serious? I live in Southern Ontario. I should get a tax break for having to deal with all the Toronto traffic around Pearson. And don't get me started on parking prices!

iPomps likes this.
    09-03-14 03:21 PM