I am a Blackberry supporter and believe that Blackberry is the most secure operating system. Why are we not pushing this issue and shouting it to all that will listen.
    We need a comparison done on the BB OS security vs Apple and Android. The president said that " the Secret Service will not allow him to have an i-phone" Now that's saying a lot.
    Help me out here guys .............Why is BB security superior make a list....If you can be hacked at Target Stores a phone must be easier to hack than a retail giant. So non BB users must be a greater risk,am I right???

Just the facts please.
    alix901 likes this.
    12-30-13 04:37 PM
    If you don't have a BES, you're not really all that much safer. I wish people would stop pretending an off the shelf BlackBerry is some super duper security machine and hardened like the POTUS BlackBerry. Touting the security is great but only when its applicable.
    alix901 and kbz1960 like this.
    12-30-13 04:47 PM
    If you don't have a BES, you're not really all that much safer. I wish people would stop pretending an off the shelf BlackBerry is some super duper security machine.
    You are right. But maybe we should encourage and share more safety/privacy practices. Through this thread.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 04:51 PM
    Well, I don't know a lot about the security BlackBerry offers, but I do feel a lot safer knowing that if my phone gets lost, stolen, or grabbed by someone to make eight hundred calls to Siberia, I can rush to BlackBerry Protect and shut my phone down, wipe it clean, or brick it so no one can get into it. That alone makes me feel safer. I absolutely hate leaving my phone lying around. Having an option to password protect it is great, as any friend who wants to get into my phone can't do so when I have it password protected.

I know iPhone has this password protect system and other phones may very well have it too - I'm just talking about security in general. It's probably not what you meant (you mean malware, viruses, people hacking in, right?); but to me, these basic security features are important.

Posted via CB10
    Thewaxedworm likes this.
    12-30-13 04:58 PM
    Built in device and memory card encryption is one thing that is quite great.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 04:59 PM
    Relevant article:

The Daily Dot - The NSA has nearly complete backdoor access to Apple's iPhone

"The U.S. National Security Agency has the ability to snoop on nearly every communication sent from an Apple iPhone, according to leaked documents shared by security researcher Jacob Appelbaum and German news magazine Der Spiegel."
    12-30-13 05:04 PM
    I believe it's more secure than the others simply because there is no pc that runs a blackberry OS. So you can't necessarily (or easily) create malware, viruses, etc. to interact with the phone like you can with ios, android, and windows...again, not saying it's impossible, just that it is more difficult.

Posted via CB10
    Thewaxedworm likes this.
    12-30-13 05:24 PM
    If you don't have a BES, you're not really all that much safer. I wish people would stop pretending an off the shelf BlackBerry is some super duper security machine and hardened like the POTUS BlackBerry. Touting the security is great but only when its applicable.
    All a BES buys you is communications being routed through the BlackBerry NOC and an encrypted enclave on the devices that users the same encryption that the whole device and SD card can use.

I don't why having a BES makes people the device is more "secure", it isn't. A device can have restrictions placed on it by the BES that prevent users from installing/doing things, but that just makes the device more restricted. The device's security capacities are baked into it.

I think I am making an argument around semantics, but it bugs me when I see people imply a BES makes a device more secure when all it is really doing using the security in the device and potentially restricting activity on the device.

To use an analogy, Active Directory doesn't make Windows desktops more secure just because it has GPOs that can be used to easily lock down a desktop. The capabilities are already in the desktop, the AD GPOs just make it easier to leverage what was already there.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 06:53 PM
    Duplicate post.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 06:56 PM