I have had this issue since day 1 of my Z10, Blackberry cannot seem to work out what the issue is.

Blackberry Protect simply does not work at all, even tho it is turned on in the phone, the website does not show my device, just blank with how to add device.
    Everything else with my BBID works fine and i even have a replacement Z10 with a new pin, and still the same, so it seems its an internal issue at Blackberry!

I am almost at the point where i will just setup a new BBID and wipe the phone, all data i can restore, the only thing i cannot think of is how to move my BBM contacts from the old ID to the new ID.

So if anyone can help with either A) the protect issue or B) how i can move my BBM contacts that would be great!
    02-24-13 08:40 AM
    Do you have the "location services" enabled, like it asks?

I just tried this myself (Blackberry Protect), and all the functions work fine (mapping my location,on a map), the "loud ring" if you can't find your device, etc.
    02-24-13 09:25 AM
    Yes thats enabled! still no luck, i sent log files from the device to Blackberry and they can see there is some kind of issue with my phone trying to login to the protect service, but they have been scratching their heads for over 2 weeks!
    02-24-13 09:27 AM
    I agree with what he said. My Protect works just fine and quickly locates my device.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 09:27 AM
    It works for me if i use a different BBID! but as i mentioned in my 1st post i need to migrate BBM contacts if i change BBID, so id rather get it working.
    02-24-13 09:35 AM
    Slightly off topic/comment:
    Ppl have been having issues with transferring contacts & things to the Z10 from others BB's. Doesn't BB Protect do it anymore?
    It always did when I needed it to on all my BB's.
    02-24-13 09:41 AM
    no, protect on bb10 has gone backwards, only locate device, send message to device and i believe remote wipe device. that is all.
    02-24-13 09:43 AM
    Slightly off topic/comment:
    Ppl have been having issues with transferring contacts & things to the Z10 from others BB's. Doesn't BB Protect do it anymore?
    It always did when I needed it to on all my BB's.
    Nope, not anymore but I'm sure it will be back.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 09:46 AM
    Do you have to have BES for bb protect to work
    02-24-13 09:53 AM
    Do you have to have BES for bb protect to work
    No, protect never worked with bes, bes can already do what protect did.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 09:56 AM
    I think BlackBerry Protect is flakey at best.. when I first set my device up it worked fine, found the device, made that great alarm sound.. now it doesn't work at all, gets the location wrong, the alarm never reaches the phone.

It needs work thats for sure.
    02-24-13 11:04 AM
    I just checked my BlackBerry Protect on my Z10. It is "On".

I also logged onto protect.blackberry.com using my BlackBerry ID and it quickly determined the location here in Puerto Vallarta with a detailed map. I also used the "make a sound" feature and it worked.

So, BB PROTECT is working fine on the Z10. If yours isn't working, call your phone provider for support and they can replace your unit if it is defective.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 11:11 AM
    Welcome to the club. Mine deactivates itself randomly. I really hope that those issues are being fixes as a matter of urgency.

Posted via CB10
    peter9477, xdoomx and steph.iosso like this.
    02-24-13 11:21 AM
    Just tested it out on mine, works perfectly, but do miss the automatic back up.
    02-24-13 11:28 AM
    Mine was deactivating but hasn't since I reloaded the OS. Not saying that's a definitive fix but rather was the case for me. I was having others issues...many I credit to side loading but again...that's just me.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 12:13 PM
    Mine was deactivating but hasn't since I reloaded the OS. Not saying that's a definitive fix but rather was the case for me. I was having others issues...many I credit to side loading but again...that's just me.

Posted via CB10
    Is there a chance to reload the OS for people who are on a Mac?
    02-24-13 03:02 PM
    Yes. The latest update for Link brought the ability to reload the OS under Windows and MAC. It wasn't the smoothest process under Windows but maybe the mac version will be better. Remember you can always do a security wipe too just be sure to let it finish on its own regardless of how long it takes. Backup your data too prior to.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 03:28 PM
    Yes. The latest update for Link brought the ability to reload the OS under Windows and MAC. It wasn't the smoothest process under Windows but maybe the mac version will be better. Remember you can always do a security wipe too just be sure to let it finish on its own regardless of how long it takes. Backup your data too prior to.

Posted via CB10
    Oh that's fantastic. Would need to try tHat one out. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 03:34 PM
    The GPS tracking must be set to ON. The permissions must also be set to allow. Also, the Blackberry ID must be first properly set up.

If Blackberry ID has been set up, and it is failing to respond. This has to be fixed.

There is a bug with the OS where it can dissable Blackberry ID. The best fix I know of is to re-install the OS. If you have to re-install the OS it would be good if you backed up your phone.
    02-24-13 05:51 PM
    I have had this issue since day 1 of my Z10, Blackberry cannot seem to work out what the issue is.

Blackberry Protect simply does not work at all, even tho it is turned on in the phone, the website does not show my device, just blank with how to add device.
    Did you try adding the BlackBerry Z10?

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    02-24-13 10:07 PM
    Did you try adding the BlackBerry Z10?

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    How do you add the z10? as far as i know you enable it on the z10 but there is no way to 'add' it on the website? also i cannot see any permission settings for protect on the phone, id assume since its part of the OS it would already have permission? location services are on, and side note, this is a 2nd Z10, i had the first one replaced for numerous reasons.
    02-25-13 06:41 AM
    You don't have to. Just enable it, and it will show up online. Much easier process than before.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 07:25 AM
    Sorry. Can't help. BlackBerry Protect works just fine for me also. Location, mapping, etc...works as it should. Hope you're able to fix it. Good luck.
    02-26-13 08:14 AM
    GPS does not have to be on - unless you want to locate the device. BB protect works fine with or without GPS on.
    02-26-13 08:17 AM
    Protect keeps going OFF for me.
    02-26-13 08:48 AM
45 12