Not that the average thief would know how, but would I be able to wipe the device if they delete bbry protect?

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 10:17 PM
    Not that the average thief would know how, but would I be able to wipe the device if they delete bbry protect?

Posted via CB10
    BB protect is just the app... it's all online (you login on the website, using your BB ID etc and you manage your account/device there).

BlackBerry Protect Sign In - Download BlackBerry Protect and Login - Canada

Follow the link and try it for yourself!
    04-02-13 10:21 PM
    BB protect is just the app... it's all online (you login on the website, using your BB ID etc and you manage your account/device there).

BlackBerry Protect Sign In - Download BlackBerry Protect and Login - Canada

Follow the link and try it for yourself!
    Exactly that is what makes it so great.
    04-02-13 10:23 PM
    Gotcha. I had it on past devices but thought the app needed to be installed pair up with the online manager

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 11:17 PM
    I would like it if the BB10 Protect was more like the previous versions. On BB OS 6 and 7 would automatically backup all of your information weekly (emails, texts, memo, wifi codes, etc). The new protect is more for GPS tracking and security.
    SDTRMG and eninrebmun like this.
    04-02-13 11:36 PM
    I've been trying to enable BlackBerry Protect on my Z10 and it constantly says "Unable to connect to the BlackBerry Protect service. Please try again Later" and I've been trying and trying. This is when going into Settings>Blackberry Protect and trying to turn it on. I always thought it was on because I thought I enabled it when I first got my device, but I recently checked and it was off. Anyone else encountering this problem?

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 02:37 AM
    I would like it if the BB10 Protect was more like the previous versions. On BB OS 6 and 7 would automatically backup all of your information weekly (emails, texts, memo, wifi codes, etc). The new protect is more for GPS tracking and security.
    I agree

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 02:43 AM
    I've been trying to enable BlackBerry Protect on my Z10 and it constantly says "Unable to connect to the BlackBerry Protect service. Please try again Later" and I've been trying and trying. This is when going into Settings>Blackberry Protect and trying to turn it on. I always thought it was on because I thought I enabled it when I first got my device, but I recently checked and it was off. Anyone else encountering this problem?

Posted via CB10
    I haven't but I'd sign in threw the website and see if that helps.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 02:44 AM
    I haven't but I'd sign in threw the website and see if that helps.

Posted via CB10
    Restarted the device and it finally worked. Guess I should have tried that before posting.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-04-13 02:50 AM
    I don't need back-up of my emails because I have it on my office Outlook or on Gmail but I can see why others would want it. I do like the current systems ability to track your phone and make a noise, lock the phone or wipe the data. I tested it in NYC and it worked great.
    04-04-13 11:12 AM