Just used my Z10 on my 60" LED tv with my apple NT keyboard and mouse. Awesome surfing and working experience. The unit is amazing.

Make the home screens work in horizontal and all will be perfect!

I was able to make my old 9900 and PlayBook (with BlackBerry mini keyboard) a road warrior replacement for a laptop and now going to pick up a full BT keyboard and mouse to create road warrior version 2.

For those who have not tried. Hook your BlackBerry to a tv and or monitor and use a keyboard. On its side the Z10 is also plenty big enough on its own to type messages and documents comfortably.

Just have the main menu rotate to horizontal and you can work in interrupt for a long time!

Black is best Z10!
    03-03-13 04:45 PM
    I'd like to see this happen too. In fact the current setup is rather buggy because if you are in landscape and you swipe up from the bezel the app will minimize into a tile but everything will be in portrait and from there your navigation is completely screwed up unless you physically turn your phone back to portrait and then back to landscape again when you want to go back to your app. The work flow is broken.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 06:00 PM
    I'd like to see this happen too. In fact the current setup is rather buggy because if you are in landscape and you swipe up from the bezel the app will minimize into a tile but everything will be in portrait and from there your navigation is completely screwed up unless you physically turn your phone back to portrait and then back to landscape again when you want to go back to your app. The work flow is broken.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed that pretty much sums up my 'complaint '.

Hope they fix this soon as this phone is a real road warrior.

Black is best Z10!
    03-03-13 10:47 PM
    No. No other OS on the market does it in a phone, for good reason. Before I got my Z10, I tried tweaks that allowed rotation on my Nexus 4's home screen. It was gone in a week. Not only is it annoying, but if they even made it an option, everything on the home screen would have to be square, including icon placement location. Go use an Android tablet or an iPad in portrait mode to see what I mean. A ton of space is wasted because they have to accommodate screen rotation. On a tablet, i'd live with it, but on a phone, it would be downright stupid.
    Last edited by InvalidUser0510; 03-03-13 at 11:04 PM.
    03-03-13 10:53 PM
    I agree.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 11:02 PM
    I hear BlackBerry maybe fixing this issue for the release of their docking station.

Supposedly this issue is what is delaying the release of the dock.

Black is best Z10!
    03-04-13 12:20 AM
    I have no problems with menus being stuck, but BBM is the same. My main reason for buying the Z10 was because BBM works so much better than other IMs in Indonesia, but now I'm preferring Whatsapp because it tips to horizontal and I can type more easily. This is a bug, please fix it BlackBerry.
    03-16-13 01:45 AM
    Question: I don't have the mini hdmi cord yet. When you hook the Z10 up to a tv and play a game, does it fill the whole screen? Also, does it have the same quality of graphics as on the phone? Just played nova 3 and could not believe how good the graphics were on this phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 02:20 AM
    Question: I don't have the mini hdmi cord yet. When you hook the Z10 up to a tv and play a game, does it fill the whole screen? Also, does it have the same quality of graphics as on the phone? Just played nova 3 and could not believe how good the graphics were on this phone.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it fills the whole screen and yes the graphics are very good. Device can output to 1080p via hdmi. Hdmi cable is a must have!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 02:25 AM
    Yes it fills the whole screen and yes the graphics are very good. Device can output to 1080p via hdmi. Hdmi cable is a must have!

Posted via CB10
    Sweet! Thank you. I'm getting one in the morning.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 02:33 AM
    No. No other OS on the market does it in a phone, for good reason. Before I got my Z10, I tried tweaks that allowed rotation on my Nexus 4's home screen. It was gone in a week. Not only is it annoying, but if they even made it an option, everything on the home screen would have to be square, including icon placement location. Go use an Android tablet or an iPad in portrait mode to see what I mean. A ton of space is wasted because they have to accommodate screen rotation. On a tablet, i'd live with it, but on a phone, it would be downright stupid.
    Actually, the Blackberry Torch rotates to horizontal with homescreen natively. Not sure why anyone would think this was unusual. This is what many of us were used to. In fact, I think that my Storms 1&2 did it as well....
    Last edited by Mojavekroc; 03-28-13 at 10:32 PM.
    03-28-13 10:11 PM
    I was hoping this was a pebcak error... Since I've been using a torch for at least three years, Im quite used to it and find it really annoying trying to multi task while in landscape ode.
    04-04-13 11:07 AM
    I don't think I would be opposed to a horizontal home screen as long as there is an option to turn it off for the home screen only.
    04-04-13 12:13 PM