I loved the physical keyboard as much as the next BlackBerry fan, but wouldn't the sales of th Z10 be much better and no write off if they just released the Z10 and do away with the physical keyboard? Just follow my train of thought.. so the main critical weakness of BlackBerry has been apps.... right. But app developers like to use full touchscreen for their apps, so with half of BlackBerry users totally addicted and dependent on the physical keyboard, that cuts the flow of app development immensely? And that further gives reason for possible new costumers purchasing a Z10 or Z30.. what are your thoughts.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 11:22 PM
    I question the need of a Q10 or any BlackBerry phones with physical keyboard.. in summary. If you have a Q10 have you even tried the Z10 at least? I read reviews of game apps o. BlackBerry World and the Q10 owners complain about their gameplay being inferior.. duh. Then they give poor reviews!?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 11:28 PM
    Obviously, have phones with two different screen sizes (and whatever other differences) complicates things but BB has so far chosen not to totally abandon those who want a real keyboard.
    09-28-13 12:14 AM
    Maybe the should have released only the Q10 instead since the majority of BB users have keyboards, it what the company is known for. Instead of developing the Z, and going after the touch only market dominated by everybody else, they could have used the resources to have more features of the bold on the Q10.
    09-28-13 12:37 AM
    It's easy to back seat drive at this point, but I would have done not this way.
    Launch the Q10 and Z10 worldwide with 10.1 and with the same settings /options as legacy BlackBerry phones. Six months later, launch the Z30 along with a world wide 10.2 update. I know, I know, that's asking a lot. At least this would have made the transition to bb10 more robust and credible . The press would have been kinder in return. Like I said, so easy to sit on my A$$ and direct from my Lazyboy.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 09-28-13 at 01:18 AM.
    sibeans likes this.
    09-28-13 01:04 AM
    My only reason for staying with BlackBerry is the physical keyboard. Without it I would still be using my 9900. I'm sure I'm not the only one with that mind set.

As for saying no one "needs" it, I do. Hand injury makes using touch screens difficult and time consuming.

BlackBerry without a keyboard really isn't a BlackBerry anymore in my own opinion.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 01:28 AM