I don't see any reason why BlackBerry can't take the no.1 spot in the future. From business to pleasure if BlackBerry gets it right and market there products and educate the people it can go the distance.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 07:41 AM
    I think there's an aerosmith song about that...

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 07:47 AM
    I think there's an aerosmith song about that...

Posted via CB10
    Cake....Going the Distance....

Personally, I think BB10 & the Z10 UI is the best way to navigate around a mobile device.
    Peak, flow & the Hub are a multimedia connected persons dream.....
    If BBRY would market this thing, it could definitely be a #1 contender
    05-04-13 07:54 AM
    I believe that not for too long there will be an app for this UI popping out in iOS and android.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 08:00 AM
    Agreed

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 08:13 AM
    BlackBerry needs more apps and games on the blackberry world. How great the iPhone without hundred thousand of apps is boring..

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 08:14 AM
    I think (so far as BlackBerry is concerned) this generation of phones just needs to stop the decline, change the narrative of where BlackBerry is going and what it is about, establish BB 10 as a solid operating system, and start working on that app ecosystem.

I think it had already done those things. But the fightback may not really kick in until the next generation of BB 10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 08:39 AM
    BlackBerry is a long way away, but if it is dedicated it can make a run at it

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 08:41 AM
    When you talk about apps or the lack of them, that's out of BlackBerry control. Apps are controlled by their maker. If my bank decided not to make an app for BB10. It's not BlackBerry fault but uses will blame BlackBerry and not the bank, same way with games.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 08:47 AM
    It'll take about 10 years with the few items they release in recent updates. The UI is just missing far too much.

By the time blackberry catches up to where the others are now, I'm afraid the others will be long long gone.

If the next iphone OS was missing half its unique features from the previous model, then maybe we have a chance to catch up. But we're still in reverse here

I still have a hard time telling someone to buy a blackberry

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 08:58 AM
    Ok first of all I have tried android and iPhone, yes apps is probably what they do best, but at the end of the day it's still a phone and what blackberry does better is phone calls, I work in a 50,000 sq. Ft. Building on the high plains in SoDak, the ones that have blackberries are the only ones who can make phone calls under the metal roof and with the limited cell tower coverage, android and iPhone users will get a limited signal and are unable to place a call, they must go outside to place a call, apps are the last thing I care about getting an important phone call is more valuable to me than an app, when I first got my z10 I was concerned that it would not have the same signal strength, but it actually is a little bit better than my 9800, so for me blackberry is #1

Posted via CB10
    Alain_A likes this.
    05-04-13 09:33 AM
    But what should be considered good on a phone isn't...

Contacts apps is laggy and in shambles - doubles up contacts, just one of 15 deficiencies it has
    Calender app is horrible and useless
    Remember app is right along the same line - useless without having a time select
    The dial pad screen lags as well, make a call and press speaker... oh that's a nice 3 second wait

I don't want to to on and on, but if reception is the only thing the Z does better... I don't think it will make the #1 or #2 list

Posted via CB10
    rnhld likes this.
    05-04-13 09:48 AM
    I guess I dont have those problems, and yes reception is important to me, you can always go back to what works best for you

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 10:18 AM
    Everything is cyclical. Apple can't and won't be #1 forever, the USA won't be the worlds superpower for ever, some sport coats my dad wore back in the day, well they're back in style now. BlackBerry will be #1 one day again, and then that too will change
    05-04-13 11:10 AM

Contacts apps is laggy and in shambles - doubles up contacts, just one of 15 deficiencies it has
    Remember app is right along the same line - useless without having a time select
    The dial pad screen lags as well, make a call and press speaker... oh that's a nice 3 second wait

I don't want to to on and on, but if reception is the only thing the Z does better... I don't think it will make the #1 or #2 list

Posted via CB10
    There is a lot of truth to this. As much as I do enjoy my zed10, it really is mind-boggling and bizarre that the phone app as it is now, made it to the final product. It's laggy and so unresponsive it pains me.
    I can live with the settings menu's shortcomings as far as the performance is concerned, but the actual dial pad and phone app is atrocious.

Posted from my ZED10
    05-04-13 11:22 AM
    It'll take about 10 years with the few items they release in recent updates. The UI is just missing far too much.

By the time blackberry catches up to where the others are now, I'm afraid the others will be long long gone.

If the next iphone OS was missing half its unique features from the previous model, then maybe we have a chance to catch up. But we're still in reverse here

I still have a hard time telling someone to buy a blackberry

Posted via CB10
    Well considering the iPhone really only has one unique feature and that's the app store, and the rumor is that Apple is going to make some major shift in the appearance of iOS for version 7, there may be allot of apps that no longer work right with the new version for awhile. It will take devs some time to update 800K apps to look right if they make a major shift.

Plus Apple still can't get the darn speaker to work right and had to release a bug fix to stop phones from having audio issues on version 6 of iOS.

So while BlackBerry 10 is far from perfect right now, it's still allot closer then anyone else was on their initial release of an entirely new OS and they are going to continue to develop it and resolve all of the issues people are complaining about today.

Tech moves fast. Android is only 5 years old in the consumer market and look at the dramatic changes it's made. Up until Honeycomb it was a mess.

So just because a few little things aren't perfect right now on BlackBerry 10 does not mean that it will not evolve and surpass what the competition is doing.
    05-04-13 11:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    Funny mine has none of those issues, with my calendar I have four email accounts and my Facebook account all showing up in there and no issues. The dialing us fine, no lag like you talk about. As far as contacts go I am betting that is user error with having their same contacts in two places and checking off do not overwrite then doubling up. In fact it's great you can link contacts together so if one had partial info from Facebook say, you can then link it to your own personal one to make one fully informed contact.

Sorry but just don't see those issues your saying, sure I have read about them just like you but it is usually only one post and it seems to be from someone slinging garbage to get a response what ALWAYS seems to be happening in c rack berry forums nowadays.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 12:04 PM
    I hate to bust bubbles but BlackBerry will never be above apple. There's too much of a fan base and their Os is nearly perfected. I mean it only took them over 6 years. I love owning a BlackBerry. I enjoy being different from everyone else so as everyone is sporting their iphones I'm here with my BlackBerry all alone lmao.
    I'm one of the only people in my area with a BlackBerry. Everyone around me is simply brainwashed by Apple. It makes me sick
    you know what makes them mad?

Wanna see my home button?

Swipe... lol

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 12:11 PM
    yes dial pad can be pain from time to time...but I have tried a few leak which bring it to a better state
    05-04-13 12:20 PM
    I hate to bust bubbles but BlackBerry will never be above apple. There's too much of a fan base and their Os is nearly perfected. I mean it only took them over 6 years. I love owning a BlackBerry. I enjoy being different from everyone else so as everyone is sporting their iphones I'm here with my BlackBerry all alone lmao.
    I'm one of the only people in my area with a BlackBerry. Everyone around me is simply brainwashed by Apple. It makes me sick
    you know what makes them mad?

Wanna see my home button?

Swipe... lol

Posted via CB10
    People said that about Apple when everyone was using Windows. Oops.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 01:00 PM