I had my Z10 replaced for a blemished screen defect and DIM display. The replacement is perfect, however, still very DIM. The speaker on the other hand is much louder than my previous Z10 and sounds cystal clear, much like the Playbook. The fact Blackberry cannot achieve parity with the devices being manufactured is VERY alarming, and paying consumers shouldn't be trying to play lucky dip with their new device. SORT THIS OUT NOW!

Also, please include a feature to disable the Ambient Sensor. It is doing my head in how DULL my display looks and how gray/yellow whites are in a darkened room. My Torch 9800 allowed this and has a MUCH brighter display. Even when turned off, if I shine an LED torch into the 9800 it becomes even brighter still, despite 100% brightness and the sensor supposedly deactivated. Will Blackberry ever sort this for BB10?
    02-12-13 04:47 PM
    Yes, they must.
    02-12-13 04:48 PM
    Every product will have issues, especially at launch.

Nothing is perfect.
    MattUK likes this.
    02-12-13 05:04 PM
    Every product will have issues, especially at launch.

Nothing is perfect.
    Agreed, but on this scale it's unacceptable and really frustrating coming from a Blackberry fan when they're future really is in the balance. The reviews of the Z10 have likely been somewhat affected by this lack of parity too, with some calling the speaker tinny, other's saying the screen is far too dim compared to competitors etc etc. Yet the speaker can be amazing as proven by my replacement device and the screen can look incredibe when the sensor gets the proper light.
    02-12-13 06:03 PM
    Agreed, but on this scale it's unacceptable and really frustrating coming from a Blackberry fan when they're future really is in the balance. The reviews of the Z10 have likely been somewhat affected by this lack of parity too, with some calling the speaker tinny, other's saying the screen is far too dim compared to competitors etc etc. Yet the speaker can be amazing as proven by my replacement device and the screen can look incredibe when the sensor gets the proper light.
    This scale? What scale?

I haven't really heard/seen mass issues
    02-12-13 07:29 PM
    This scale? What scale?

I haven't really heard/seen mass issues
    Really? So Crackberry said all 6 review Z10's they have had different screen quality. How many people are recieving Z10's with screen blemishes and other markings? Why was my last Z10 horribly crackling and tinny from the speaker yet this one is just fine? My new Z10 has a clicking feeling when swiping from the Blackberry logo, whereas my last one had a solid panel. Why all the differences in quality here? Don't be ignorant to the fact Blackberry HAVE messed up somewhere with the quality control of this device.
    02-13-13 10:56 AM
    yup. My Z10 has noticable dark splotches of bad backlighting. Not an issue on otheres i've seen.
    Battery life has also been abysmal, 4-5 hours tops

I'll be returning to Best Buy Mobile for a replacement ASAP
    02-13-13 11:55 AM
    Where does BB manufacture the Z10 exactly? Is it in Mexico?
    02-13-13 12:48 PM
    Underneath the battery mine reads

SMTDate 01/14/13
    Made in MEXICO 8
    02-13-13 01:10 PM
    Would be interested to know how the Canada handsets are holding out.. Mine is MIC and nothing wrong with it at all
    02-13-13 01:13 PM
    No manufacturing process is 100%. That being said, BlackBerry doesn't manufacture the devices itself. I'm fairly confident it is contracted out to a 3rd party.

If there is a defect with the device you have gotten, return it for another one. Ask to test out the devices before you leave and are 100% pleased with the device you have gotten.
    02-13-13 01:17 PM
    Some guy gets one bad handset and has to run around setting off "Alarms" in forums? What? Welcome to the world of mass production. Are people serious? Wait, yes, they are. My bad.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 02:32 PM
    Did you read the thread? Did you read Kevin's writeup. It is more than one guy. There seem to be more than a few people with hardware issues.
    02-13-13 02:33 PM
    Wow!!!!!!!! Really!?!?! .... "reports indicate that ever since the beginning of time there have been theories suggesting that if there are percentages of things, some of it will be erroneous, and a small percentage will fail." ever heard of human error? Mistakes? Ever since I can remember, things have had faults.

02-13-13 02:36 PM
    I don't care if there are more than one guy with problems. Big deal. It always happens. Get over it

02-13-13 02:37 PM
    Tough guy.
    I don't have to get over it - mine is fine.

OK everyone, get over it. No big deal. Deal with it.
    02-13-13 02:38 PM
    I don't care if there are more than one guy with problems. Big deal. It always happens. Get over it

Why do you hate us highlighting our concerns over a product that costs almost �500?
    02-14-13 08:53 AM
    Why do you hate us highlighting our concerns over a product that costs almost �500?
    Cause your sounding like an apple fan or samsung fan as they have same issues trust me look at my signature i owned plenty
    02-14-13 09:01 AM
    Cause your sounding like an apple fan or samsung fan as they have same issues trust me look at my signature i owned plenty
    Excuse me, but what?! How on earth is my plea to have this addressed for Blackberry's future sake an Apple fan like tactic?
    02-14-13 04:32 PM