I picked up not one but two of the music gateways when they were on sale at Crackberry (first time purchaser) . If you play music I strongly recommend this device. The connections are simple- the unit is tiny and ultra simple pairing with NFC. I wish BlackBerry would bundle this with a quality set of earphones and a branded version of neutrino for audiophiles - let's fight the big guys niche by niche. When I travel I pair the phone with a Tivoli radio and have amazing sound quality with mega volumes of music. If you were considering this device- I give it a strong buy!

Posted via CB10
    Karan Mohal, Mr.Monty and curvezzz like this.
    01-08-14 09:53 AM
    I picked up not one but two of the music gateways when they were on sale at Crackberry (first time purchaser) . If you play music I strongly recommend this device. The connections are simple- the unit is tiny and ultra simple pairing with NFC. I wish BlackBerry would bundle this with a quality set of earphones and a branded version of neutrino for audiophiles - let's fight the big guys niche by niche. When I travel I pair the phone with a Tivoli radio and have amazing sound quality with mega volumes of music. If you were considering this device- I give it a strong buy!

Posted via CB10
    I'll second this, I use the BB music gateway in my car daily. It works well with other devices too; my SG3 and ipod touch play nice with it (tho in typical apple fashion, there is no NFC on the ipod touch so im stuck pairing bluetooth manually)

I also use Neutrino, great app! I have an NFC tag stuck to my dash; upon tapping my q10 on the NFC tag, the phone turns on bluetooth (which connects my phone to the audio gateway, as its already paired) turns off wifi, and launches Neutrino. Also Neutrino has an option to start playback upon bluetooth connection, so my tunes begin playing automatically with the tap as well... Good times
    01-08-14 10:26 AM
    ...Also Neutrino has an option to start playback upon bluetooth connection, so my tunes begin playing automatically with the tap as well... Good times
    That's what i've been looking for! Thanks!..I'll try to share some knowledge....I have the ProClip Q10 holster...and it also fits my Z10 as well! The Q10 fits more snug though.

BlackBerry Q10 Holder with Tilt Swivel*-*ProClip USA
    01-08-14 10:39 AM
    I am not able to find this Neutrino app.
    01-08-14 10:52 AM
    Music Gateway is a great little piece of work!!! Use it with Z10, Z30 and Playbook, so easy to use. Had a bunch of friends over (non blackberry users)using the music gateway with my Z30 played my music through my Bose surround sound....they were impressed!
    01-08-14 11:00 AM
    Yes it's sweet. My spouse uses hers (hence the two gateways) connected to our entire high end sound system so she gets her music through the house wirelessly. It's a shame this is not available with the retailers.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 11:31 AM
    Apologies. It's called Neutron. It's 4.99 on BlackBerry world. Great reviews great product. My most used paid for app.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 11:39 AM
    Sorry Neutron not neutrino.. my bad...

01-08-14 12:40 PM
    The only downside to it is the blue tooth range.

You can't keep your device on you as you roam around the house and change songs at your leisure.

Posted on a Post-It!
    01-08-14 03:23 PM
    I got 2 of the gateways and they work fine. But since the os10.2 is supporting aptx I'm switching to better alternatives. Search for Patuoxun on amazon. It's not just cheaper but also has aptx, integrated battery and buttons for pause and skipping tracks.
    01-08-14 05:01 PM
    We use my Gateway on a daily basis between my husband's Samsung and my Z10.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-08-14 06:04 PM
    I love mine! I intend to buy another to keep in the car. I'm even using my Z10 charging bundle to power the Gateway, and playing on my wireless speakers.

Like another poster mentioned, the range isn't great (particularly between walls) but it's not terrible. My house isn't huge, but I can roam around downstairs with my speakers upstairs and still be OK for the most part.
    01-08-14 06:09 PM
    I love mine! I intend to buy another to keep in the car. I'm even using my Z10 charging bundle to power the Gateway, and playing on my wireless speakers.

Like another poster mentioned, the range isn't great (particularly between walls) but it's not terrible. My house isn't huge, but I can roam around downstairs with my speakers upstairs and still be OK for the most part.
    I had hooked up my Playbook to the Gateway hooked into my receiver and TV. I had forgotten that when I turned off the tv. I was upstairs and decided to play music on the pb. It was kind of quiet and when I increased the volume, I realized my system was still on downstairs and that's where the music was playing!
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    01-08-14 07:56 PM
    Can someone explain what the BlackBerry Gateway is, does, and how it actually works!

I actually got it as a gift and really don't understand it, so I haven't really used tried it out yet. Thanks
    01-08-14 09:24 PM
    Can someone explain what the BlackBerry Gateway is, does, and how it actually works!

I actually got it as a gift and really don't understand it, so I haven't really used tried it out yet. Thanks
    It is a blue tooth connection for audio. So you can plug the device into your audio equipment and use the blue tooth connection to stream music from you phone to the input if your audio equipment. All you need us an auxiliary input, i.e. can work on your car or hone systems.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 09:33 PM
    Great description, New_Z10...

It's a Bluetooth puck that transmits music wirelessly. The only drawback for me is the need for power; beyond that, it is a fantastic gadget.

I use a first gen one every now and then.
    01-08-14 10:01 PM
    Great description, New_Z10...

It's a Bluetooth puck that transmits music wirelessly. The only drawback for me is the need for power; beyond that, it is a fantastic gadget.

I use a first gen one every now and then.
    Yeah wish it was chargeable.

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    FF22 likes this.
    01-09-14 01:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    Curious how much was one on sale?

01-09-14 01:05 AM
    Yeah wish it was chargeable.

Get yourself a charging bundle for your Z10, then you can power your Gateway (which doesn't use much power) and if you need some juice for your Z10 just swap batteries
    curvezzz likes this.
    01-09-14 02:07 AM
    I have the blue tooth music gateway (so not the nfc) it works ok but I can't connect with my PB and with my Z10 I only can connect with gateway otherwise with more device the music gets disrupted. Don't know why...

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 06:38 AM
    I have the blue tooth music gateway (so not the nfc) it works ok but I can't connect with my PB and with my Z10 I only can connect with gateway otherwise with more device the music gets disrupted. Don't know why...

Posted via CB10
    Turn NFC on and bluetooth off on your Z10, then hold your Z10 above (or against) the top of your music gateway. Prepare for small, unsubstantial surprise. When you're done, tap them again. --Edit: Do this if your gateway is the one that doesn't have the chrome logo and ring around it. I forgot BlackBerry made 2 different ones.
    BlackBerry Music Gateway with Z10-dscf0403.jpg

As far as connecting your PlayBook and Z10 at the same time, I don't believe it was designed to be connected to two devices at the same time.
    Last edited by Mr.Monty; 01-09-14 at 07:11 AM.
    01-09-14 06:57 AM
    Curious how much was one on sale?

I got it for $32. I saw it briefly for 1/2 price or $25. Painless purchasing from Crackberry. Did it all from my z10. Received about 5 days later. I thought I would get my order when Kevin got around to it - like 4-6 months lol.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 09:15 AM
    Are you selling the gateways?

I got 2 of the gateways and they work fine. But since the os10.2 is supporting aptx I'm switching to better alternatives. Search for Patuoxun on amazon. It's not just cheaper but also has aptx, integrated battery and buttons for pause and skipping tracks.
    01-10-14 11:05 AM
    Turn NFC on and bluetooth off on your Z10, then hold your Z10 above (or against) the top of your music gateway. Prepare for small, unsubstantial surprise. When you're done, tap them again. --Edit: Do this if your gateway is the one that doesn't have the chrome logo and ring around it. I forgot BlackBerry made 2 different ones.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0403.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	237240
    Ive never seen that chrome one... whats the difference between the two?

As far as connecting your PlayBook and Z10 at the same time, I don't believe it was designed to be connected to two devices at the same time.
    01-10-14 11:08 AM
    Ive never seen that chrome one... whats the difference between the two?

I thought the chrome one was the original; no NFC.
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    01-10-14 12:11 PM
27 12