So, it seems clear that BlackBerry are marketing fairly aggressively in Canada and perhaps the US, but not anywhere else? That's a strange decision. Lots of people in the UK still use BlackBerrys... I would have thought spending on marketing in places that still have an interest in BlackBerry would have been crucial, in addition to pushing the products in the US of course. I really would rather avoid talking about the Q5. It's ugly, and expensive. I just hope they don't price the A10 too highly.

Posted via CB10
    The UK interest in BlackBerry was because devices were cheap. BlackBerry alienated their own market when they released BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 04:13 PM
    Seen virtually nothing in the UK! Poor marketing, advertising I have seen is uninspiring and dull. I really want blackberry back at the top but the delivery of there projects have been Soooo awful

Just like the food in the UK.
    07-26-13 04:15 PM
    I think there is possibly a silver lining worth looking for: this upcoming Christmas rush will be very important for BlackBerry. If the Z10 is available comparatively cheaply, I could see a lot of Z10s being put under the Christmas tree. If a Z5 can show up shortly after, that might just put BlackBerry back on track. We'll see...

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 02:11 AM
    Just got this week's Economist in the mail. Pretty nice BlackBerry ad right next to the index at the front:

BlackBerry marketing teams dead in the water...-img_00000654_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 02:05 PM
    I used to see them during Yankee games by Verizon but that's been done with. I saw a Q10 commercial once on TBS. But I don't watch much TV so. I don't see anything anywhere else.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    07-30-13 02:28 PM
    I usually see few a week on TV prime time here in Canada. BlackBerry, Rogers, Bell.

For the record, I don't see any specific need for BB to advertise in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    Clearly this is just a UK thing then. I'm glad to hear that there is some sort of marketing going on in North America. I agree with the out above that says that they shouldn't burn all their cash on ads, but at the same time, they really do need to spend some money on promotion. I think it's even more important to get the phones in people's hands, in malls, train stations, etc. I disagree with the pundits saying that BlackBerry's hardware business is dead; the phones are very good, and good products will usually pay off over the long term. Apple don't need to advertise very much, as they have already created a culture around their products. BlackBerry need to do the same, and this will require some spending. Again, I'm very happy to hear that across the pond there is some steady advertising going on.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, BB should be spending some $$$ for advertising and with some good ads, the recent ones are highly forgettable.

I think it probably just Canada thing.. since I don't see any BlackBerry ads on my TV and very rarely see BB10 ads on the newspaper here in Indonesia.. i think people in here don't really know about what's good in BB10.. they just know that there is a new BlackBerry without knowing what's the different from the old one..

Posted via CB10
    I don't see any ads in India as well. Heck when the Q5 was launched 10 days back, I didn't see a single newspaper ad. I live in a top 10 metro city in India and still nothing.. nada... null....
    07-30-13 04:23 PM
    It does seem as though they have made a clear effort in the last few weeks. Thank goodness. I was in a shop today upgrading my mobile plan, and the guy said they'd sold about ten Q10s yesterday, which certainly is not bad. He colleague seemed quite hostile to BlackBerry, saying it was too complicated, but that's the sort of idiocy that will take some time to dismiss. Hopefully with the lower cost of the Z10, and some good marketing, people will start taking the leap and realising what a good phone it is. With BBM coming out across platforms in September, BlackBerry should be in a good position to have a very good Christmas, providing they don't do anything stupid like price the A10 as high as the galaxy...if only they had made the Q5 less ugly and cheap looking and expensive, that would be another thing to be happy about. A Z5 after Christmas would be great as well...anyway...bit off topic...again, thank goodness we are starting to see more of a marketing effort, at least in North America. I'm still not seeing much in the UK, but I suppose North America is the priority for now.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 04:25 PM
    I have both Canadian and American programing and I have seen adds for the Q10 the last little while. Before that I did see some Z10 adds too. Also I have seen an add recently for one of the American carriers and they mentioned upgrading to one of 3 phones. They were the iPhone 5, S4 or the Q10. I was actually surprised to see that the Q10 was chosen as one of the 3 phones to upgrade to with that promo. Anyways, on top of the TV ads I have seen, I received a 8x11 envelope in the mail. One side was clear and showed both the Z10 and Q10 and said "which will you choose" or something like that. This envelope was thick. I opened it and unfolded it. It was a 4 page (both sides) print add which showed all of the great features on these phones. I was pretty impressed. I think the problem is more about the sales people that work at the carrier stores. Many stories have been shared about people wanting to buy a bb10 device and they try to push them to an iPhone or Android. That is ridiculous.

P's. I actually like how the Q5 looks but I wouldn't buy one for my personal phone because of some of the lowered specs like the cameras MP being lower, eft. Also now I prefer a touch screen device ever since I have been using the Z10. Love the virtual keyboard.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    07-30-13 04:41 PM
    Just got this week's Economist in the mail. Pretty nice BlackBerry ad right next to the index at the front:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000654_edit.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	187519

Posted via CB10
    These ads are awful. What does it say about BlackBerry 10!

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 10:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well, by nice I meant it was big and in a good location in the magazine.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 10:29 AM
    I think we have to give them some credit for putting such a large ad in place. I don't think it's a bad ad. It's the television ads and the live marketing that need to show people the strengths of the BB10 OS.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 10:42 AM
    BlackBerry needs to get ads on TV like Samsung. They show the features so well and I know people that have bought S4s because of the camera or the "look away feature".

BlackBerry is no where with advertising. I had hope when the Superbowl ad came. That was about as big as they went and the phone wasn't even out. Waste!

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 10:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    I agree. They need to tell people what will help them. Why this over an iphone??

Posted via CB10
    darkehawke likes this.
    07-31-13 10:57 AM
    Yes, the certainly need TV ads showing the phone in use, and not just the time shift thing.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 12:06 PM
    Well, by nice I meant it was big and in a good location in the magazine.

Posted via CB10
    Lol yeah they are full page ads that have no information!

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 12:47 PM
    Just like the food in the UK.
    Coming from a country with chucky cheese and squirty cheese in a can oh and I forgot the superb food item peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

(joke only having a bit of fun)

Posted via CB10
    Bor Navas likes this.
    07-31-13 12:58 PM
    I saw a Q10 commercial last night while watching covert affairs. Usually see 2 or 3 a week on the Cable.
    07-31-13 01:22 PM
    I haven't seen one in a while. I'm starting to think that they market the phone for like two weeks after it launches and then stop. Like the phones got a price drop and I still see no advertising, which I believe is ridiculous. Apple and Samsung show at least five features in multiple commercials and it gets plenty of notoriety. I'm love BlackBerry but I'm really starting to wonder exactly what they are doing with that 3 billion sitting in the bank.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 02:39 PM
    I've been seeing BlackBerry Q10 commercial every time I watch BET, MTV, VH1 and Comedy Central here in the US.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 02:55 PM
44 12