It crashed immediately after this new update. Can't even open it. BlackBerry is getting worst with all its updates.

Posted via CB10
    Generalisation?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 12:58 PM
    Yeah, I just downloaded and it works beautifully. Wow. Really cool mapping app!!!

After the upgrade, it still remembers all my previous searches and favourites and home and work locations. The turn by turn voice guidance works beautifully too.

Posted via CB10
    I'm so glad to hear that i'm not the only one...I used it three times today and like you said it remembered my searches...completed the words by guessing what I am searching for whilst it narrows down...the voice is a good volume and clear and it taken me on back farm roads to my home which is how I usually travel home instead of main roads...I am now more happy with my phone now that they have sorted out the issues that stopped me using it before...I like to have a sat nav for back up and it had me peeved that my ned BlackBerry couldn't get me from A to B like the free sat nav download from O2 on my legacy device...but all in all this is miles better than my old legacy sat nav d/l...

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    08-20-13 01:02 PM
    I should also mention that i'm on O2 UK running BlackBerry 10.1.0.4200 and the maps works miles better now than when I first got the phone and the second update from opening the box...the third OS update and Maps seems to have done the trick...i'm crap at finding places I ain't been to and a sat nav on my phone is a must have for me

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    08-20-13 01:10 PM
    Caution: If you have OS 10.1.0.2xxx, don't update Maps.
    It seems to be working great for people with OS 10.1.0.4xxx and higher.
    dusdal likes this.
    08-20-13 01:14 PM
    So why did Trsbbs say "nope" about my landscape question?

Is he wrong? Or is landscape only working on this version for folks that are already on a 10.2 leak despite it being same release now? (Not sure why that would make a difference. Not like rotation is unsupported currently at the OS level.)

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    Don't know, good question. I don't have any devices left running 10.1 or 10.0 to try it out. Maybe the 10.1.0.805 bundled with the leak was compiled against the 10.2 API, but I don't really believe that. Normal devs can only sign a version once. Maybe BlackBerry can have two different binaries with the same version numbers but that would be a management nightmare.
    08-20-13 01:27 PM
    Don't need it and don't want it. For that I use MTA.info or any local transport app if I'm traveling. BlackBerry Maps is for those of us fortunate enough to have a car when we want it.

And that may illustrate why you still see more BlackBerry devices than any other brand in the First Class cabin.
    **** of the day award goes to you Mr. Richie Rich.
    08-20-13 01:34 PM
    I'm on Verizon with the 10.1.0.2xxx and my map app of course crashes on opening. Is there anyway to get the old map back, or am I just stuck without it until the maintenance update?

Posted via CB10
    ShazPrimus likes this.
    08-20-13 01:52 PM
    The app appears to update but says it still needs to update afterwards.
    Can't delete, the trash icon is not there.

Maps installed version is 10.1.0.790
    Provider is Rogers
    OS is 10.1.0.4181
    08-20-13 01:52 PM
    No data available for my country (Pakistan), even though blackBerry service is offered by all cellular companies here. Unbelievable blackberry, Really!!!!

Posted 2 CB via Z 10
    08-20-13 02:16 PM
    Updated no problem in ontario on telus. Found no noticeable difference after update though.
    Biggest issue for me is the way traffic is used. If you zoom out even a little bit it does not show traffic even on highways. When you see an overview of your trip it should show the traffic as well, not just a purple line.
    Address these issues and I would actually use this app rather than Google nav sideloaded.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 02:18 PM
    Where is working so nice ? Here n Romnia is miles away in the back of let's say Don't Panic app which has a very nice and smooth interface, 3d dynamic layout and very accurate maps. Paid, unfortunately but good, and finally this is the goal...
    Sorry but they must try harder in order to fullfil our demands.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 03:03 PM
    So far no fix for this problem. Seems Blackberry and the developers are on a long summer vacation. Good job. Good luck finding a buyer Blackberry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-20-13 07:13 PM
    Found a fix for those with a broken map. This worked for me : you can't trigger an "upgrade" to the old, working 790 version through BlackBerry World, but go to the website on your pc, look for BlackBerry Maps, click once to show download, click again to download, login, click to download. The 790 version will be sent to you'd phone and you're back in business. Http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 08:30 PM
    Nope, not so much. I updated it yesterday and now I can't even open the app. This is a disappointment.
    08-20-13 09:33 PM
    Same, works great!

Search function is vastly improved.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 09:35 PM
    Works awesome on my Z, crashes on my wife's Q

Swipe, swipe it good...via CB10 from my Z10
    08-20-13 09:37 PM
    On at&t latest OS, doesn't open after update.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 10:39 PM
    Mine does not open as well. I'm using BeMaps anyway so I'm not really holding my breath for it. Updates are always good though.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 02:49 AM
    Pakistan still not supposed

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 02:51 AM
    Mine updates, opens fine, but in BB world it still shows as needing to be updated, nothing I can do will make the update go away

Tried restarting the phone, tried updating with the app open, with the app closed
    Same for me (T-Mobile, UK). Seen that sort of thing before, where an app had been released, and I think it expected a certain OS version that hadn't yet been released by my carrier.

And what it really needs (to get anywhere near being on par with something like Nokia maps) is:-

Ability to preload maps
    A walking mode
    A browser based interface you can use on your computer to be able to find locations / favourites, then be able to sync with your handset, maybe even be able to create routes like that, then have them transferred / sync'd to your handset
    08-21-13 09:25 AM
    The app appears to update but says it still needs to update afterwards.
    Can't delete, the trash icon is not there.

Maps installed version is 10.1.0.790
    Provider is Rogers
    OS is 10.1.0.4181
    Now they have posted 10.1.0.808, installed and works!
    08-23-13 03:41 PM
    just got the update, it's on the .808. give it a go it should work. well done BBRY, quick fix within 48 hours, now we're talking! keep moving!
    dusdal likes this.
    08-23-13 05:28 PM
    Maps working great!

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 06:05 PM
73 123