Ever since I updated to the new BBM last night, BlackBerry World insists that there is an update for BlackBerry Maps and when I update it, it still wants to update to install and at the same time Maps just crashes instantly when opened.
    What is going on?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 07:49 AM
    Ever since I updated to the new BBM last night, BlackBerry World insists that there is an update for BlackBerry Maps and when I update it, it still wants to update to install and at the same time Maps just crashes instantly when opened.
    What is going on?

Posted via CB10
    First, have you tried a had restart (hold down both volume keys -- ignore the camera noise -- and it will restart?
    Second, have you tried deleting your current map app and then updating?
    11-27-13 08:05 AM
    Have done several hard starts. And the problem is you cannot units tall the Maps app.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 08:28 AM
    Try with playbook app from Google Chrome when you are making sideload of Android app, you can see there the maps app and perhaps you can un installed and the install it back through BlackBerry World

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 08:32 AM
    You think I could do this with Sachesi as well?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 08:39 AM
    I don't know if sachesi can do that haven't use that app

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 09:38 AM
    Have done several hard starts. And the problem is you cannot units tall the Maps app.

Posted via CB10
    Right forgot about that. There is a thread here somewhere that explains how to revert to an earlier version and then, upgrade again. Let me see if I can find it. Meanwhile you might search around.
    Last edited by scrannel; 11-27-13 at 11:35 AM.
    11-27-13 10:45 AM
    OK TRY THIS:

Go to BlackBerry Maps. (on your computer). Click Download and enter your BlackBerry ID and password when prompted. A link will be sent to your phone. Use your device to reinstall via App World. If that works then you should be able to upgrade.
    11-27-13 11:35 AM
    I tried that, and it didn't fix it. I'd like to know what the bar file is called and I try to delete it with Sachesi. I hope it is only one file and not several.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 11:41 AM
    Update :

At lunch I fired up Sachesi and I had a copy of 10.2.0.424 on my PC.
    So I just overwrote BlackBerry Maps with the bar file and now it works again.
    Problem was BlackBerry World still insisted that there was an update. Overwrote the BlackBerry World with the bar file as well and now everything works.

BB10 seems to be easily fixable in that matter using Sachesi

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 01:40 PM